Singles Rate: 2003 (Winner announced!)

TwistedElegance™

Not a huge Luda fan but "Stand Up" is that jam!

I've never been too keen on the "Into You" remake, but I love the original solo by Tamia.

"Hey Ya" is iconic and deserved better. lol

I love Tamia and that song "Into You" maybe I like it because of her so maybe I should hear the original I didnt know there was another

Another tie in 7th place!

5MBfJ3M.png

Magic Stick reached No. 2 on the Hot 100 and places 7th with a voter average of 8.33.

• 10 - hotboy06 & Jarrylf
  • 9 - LyricalLesson, Stealth & TwistedElegance
  • 8 - BlackCat77 & Dammn Bu
  • 7 - RedSimba
  • 5 - Game

Edka41d.png

Beautiful reached No. 2 on the Hot 100 and places 7th with a voter average of 8.33.

• 10 - hotboy06 & Stealth
  • 9 - Game, Jarrylf & LyricalLesson
  • 8 - BlackCat77 & TwistedElegance
  • 6 - Dammn Bu & RedSimba

I didn't know there was an original until a few months ago. I like both tbh although I think I like the feel of the remake better and I've heard it so much

This, except I've known about it for 10 years (but still same in I knew of the remix 1st, & thought the remix was a completely original great song) it's interesting though, I like the original more (kind of easily) but the remix has a stronger place in my heart honestly because I've known it longer and it did dominate radio and the music videos, and was a big part of my 8th grade year.

I think I can bet on what'll be #1 now........and well considering the artist :rolleyes: but considering the song, it's deserved:wub:, lets see....B)

:shifty: Jarryl!!! Can you believe Bu :o 

Yes, because Beautiful has never been 1 of my faves of hers, love it, love it more for what it stands for, and it's done well, it honestly couldn't have been done better or by a better singer, but compared to other Xtina ballads, I don't think it deserves to be her signature ballad, thus why I won't fault anyone for ranking it low (honestly she's done live renditions of it in recent years especially that shit on the album version)

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 1

I think I can bet on what'll be #1 now........and well considering the artist :rolleyes: but considering the song, it's deserved:wub:, lets see....B)

Yes, because Beautiful has never been 1 of my faves of hers, love it, love it more for what it stands for, and it's done well, it honestly couldn't have been done better or by a better singer, but compared to other Xtina ballads, I don't think it deserves to be her signature ballad, thus why I won't fault anyone for ranking it low (honestly she's done live renditions of it in recent years especially that shit on the album version)

:rolleyes: oh I see.. Ol' light-skin Bu can give P!nkXtina's song a 6 and he gets a slap on the wrist

I give Doubtkast a well deserved rating and All hell breaks loose

#BritishPrivilege 

Edited by Game
  • Upvote 1

I started re-listening to "Magic Stick" lately. Half-dollar can't sing for his life yet somehow that doesn't ruin it for me lol.

"Beautiful" is descent for what it is. I find it a little corny and overplayed though.

This, except I've known about it for 10 years (but still same in I knew of the remix 1st, & thought the remix was a completely original great song) it's interesting though, I like the original more (kind of easily) but the remix has a stronger place in my heart honestly because I've known it longer and it did dominate radio and the music videos, and was a big part of my 8th grade year.

Yeah I've also known about the remake a good while longer, then once I heard the original version I thought "Hey I really love this" and pretty much tossed the other aside lol

I wish I knew sooner lol. I was in like 2nd-3rd grade when the remix came out and everyone was playing it had no idea it was a remake. The original has better vocals and feels more like a whole song (the remix feels like a hook/sample sort of thing). The original also reminded me of Brandy and Monica which makes me wonder why it wasn't as successful as the remake.