#DammnBaby - Adult R&B Charts

feehgarcia

I think of Dammn Baby as a video to appease the fans after she postponed the tour bc all of the signs were pointing towards The Great Forever being the next single, which probably would've yielded a better video.....the song and video would prob have a diff take if she shoots it after she gives birth though. Imma still support Dammn Baby though 

• Upvote 2

Dammn Baby could be doing better if they had put the video on vevo and YouTube only, not Facebook. And if they had done some first week radio payola, but Janet's never been about that life. -_- Anywhich way, I'm glad it's charting. I wish they would pay attention to the djs, though. That's easy publicity and another chart.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1) She's indy

2) She release semi-weak songs 

3) she's not chasing hits like some of her fans. She knows her place and it's not on Billboard Hot 100 anymore 

semi-weak?  I think DB is a strong ass song.  Is it bubble gum dance enough for pop charts? No. But weak is not what I would describe this song as.  

semi-weak?  I think DB is a strong ass song.  Is it bubble gum dance enough for pop charts? No. But weak is not what I would describe this song as.  

I did say semi-weak. It's not a great song and def not a hit track. The instrumentals are weak and her vocals during the verses are meh..

Pop radio won't touch Janet bc she's 50, independent (so no Record label power), and it's semi-weak.. Some fans argue it should have been first single but it's pure filler 

• Downvote 1

I did say semi-weak. It's not a great song and def not a hit track. The instrumentals are weak and her vocals during the verses are meh..

Pop radio won't touch Janet bc she's 50, independent (so no Record label power), and it's semi-weak.. Some fans argue it should have been first single but it's pure filler 

Agree to disagree on this. I agree with "some fans" here. I WILL agree that I wish her vocals were mixed differently, the rest of the production is gold, though.  

• Upvote 1

RHYTHM NATION records does not have the rights to put a video on VEVO. VEVO is owned by record labels and Google

She has her own channel on youtube but they should have put the video up there first and only there to get the views up.  She's at 2 million now but it should be more.  A live performance would have helped it more.  Hopefully she will get back to that.  

Agree to disagree on this. I agree with "some fans" here. I WILL agree that I wish her vocals were mixed differently, the rest of the production is gold, though.  

You got fans stating that a "live performance" would do the song justice :asham: I feel bad for those fans. They're so naïve it's pretty sad IMO 

She has her own channel on youtube but they should have put the video up there first and only there to get the views up.  She's at 2 million now but it should be more.  A live performance would have helped it more.  Hopefully she will get back to that.  

it would have been more but who cares. I'm glad she did the video and I appreciate it and I'm soooo fucking happy "fans" finally STFU about the tour... But DB isn't a Billboard Hot 100 hit from the get-go. 

Norman... name another song off the album thats more radio friendly than DB.. it was her most talked about album track by fans and non fans soon as the album came out.  To act like its "semi weak" and/or she has some other monster tracks that would rape the radio airwaves ...is... ha! DB is the best shot for a hit off that album

PE. RI. OD!!!!

But I dont think Janet is aiming for the charts anymore. Im sure she has a nonchalant attitude like if it does chart, great. If not, been there done that who cares. Like you said Janet understands her place in the game now. That, i agree. I wish fans would wake up 

• Upvote 7

Norman... name another song off the album thats more radio friendly than DB.. it was her most talked about album track by fans and non fans soon as the album came out.  To act like its "semi weak" and/or she has some other monster tracks that would rape the radio airwaves ...is... ha! DB is the best shot for a hit off that album

PE. RI. OD!!!!

But I dont think Janet is aiming for the charts anymore. Im sure she has a nonchalant attitude like if it does chart, great. If not, been there done that who cares. Like you said Janet understands her place in the game now. That, i agree. I wish fans would wake up 

That second paragraph supersedes the first soo

That being said... Unbreakable doesn't really have a "radio monster" track.. All of them, aside from No Sleeep, are very non-commercial (which isn't a bad thing)... I too wish fans would wake up

I agree 100% with you. But even when she was in her 40 and with big labels she couldnt get number 1 anymore. . .

Teenage only get to be number one. 

But I do not understand why so much of you want her to be top charted. .. when you see who's number one I want janet to stay where she is. . .

You got fans stating that a "live performance" would do the song justice :asham: I feel bad for those fans. They're so naïve it's pretty sad IMO 

it's not naive. There are songs that you hear recorded and you may not like but then you hear it live with live instrumental arrangements and visuals of the dance moves and you feel differently.  There is s little more life brought to it live.  That girl that sings that song Here. That didn't blow until she sang it on kimmel.   

it's not naive. There are songs that you hear recorded and you may not like but then you hear it live with live instrumental arrangements and visuals of the dance moves and you feel differently.  There is s little more life brought to it live.  That girl that sings that song Here. That didn't blow until she sang it on kimmel.   

Nope.. I don't have to hear a live rendition of a song for me to enjoy it. Fans are naïve when it comes to Janet and the charts in 2016. Most fans still haven't a clue the difference between an Indy v. a labeled artist and most still don't 

Some fans are sooo out of touch with the current realm of the music industry 

I agree 100% with you. But even when she was in her 40 and with big labels she couldnt get number 1 anymore. . .

Teenage only get to be number one. 

But I do not understand why so much of you want her to be top charted. .. when you see who's number one I want janet to stay where she is. . .

Not teenagers lmao 

Janet didn't release a good song when she did have label support. From 2002-2008 Janet released shit. From SOAG to RWU, none of them had appeal. 20 YO had it the worst. Instead of releasing ENJOY, she released shit songs with shit rappers like Nelly and Khia on her singles 0_o Virgin records was out of touch. 

Don't get me started on the shit production between 2004-2008 where her producers (aside from Kanye) forced Janet to sound like Janet and not allowing it to come natural

Edited by Game

To me, if my fave gets a top 20 position on the Hot 100, I'm happy. But if they're not then I'm not mad. Charts mean shit now. The industry has changed drastically and is still changing as streaming becomes more prominent. Unless you have payola or hype behind you, you're not going to get a hit and we need to stop looking for Janet to do what the others do. 

• Upvote 2

To me, if my fave gets a top 20 position on the Hot 100, I'm happy. But if they're not then I'm not mad. Charts mean shit now. The industry has changed drastically and is still changing as streaming becomes more prominent. Unless you have payola or hype behind you, you're not going to get a hit and we need to stop looking for Janet to do what the others do. 

You just need a great song. Adele didn't haven hype or payola.. She had a great fucking album/song. A natural song and not chasing hits. 

We need to stop looking for Janet to do what she's already done 

You just need a great song. Adele didn't haven hype or payola.. She had a great fucking album/song. A natural song and not chasing hits. 

We need to stop looking for Janet to do what she's already done 

A great song comes along once in a while though. A lot of this years #1s haven't been that great except Hello (which did have hype after it's release but it also had quality which explains it longevity). I don't think Hello even had a radio deal considering it broke some record without even goign to adds :lmao:. But she's always an anomaly. Then you have songs like Pillowtalk that had a one week hype and frontloaded sales debuting at #1 before dropping.

Janet has done so much and I feel like some of us do her a disservice by wanting those glory days back. She said it herself - she's been there done that, not about that life any more.

Edited by Dammn Bu
  • Upvote 4

A great song comes along once in a while though. A lot of this years #1s haven't been that great except Hello (which did have hype after it's release but it also had quality which explains it longevity). I don't think Hello even had a radio deal considering it broke some record without even goign to adds :lmao:. But she's always an anomaly. Then you have songs like Pillowtalk that had a one week hype and frontloaded sales debuting at #1 before dropping.

Janet has done so much and I feel like some of us do her a disservice by wanting those glory days back. She said it herself - she's been there done that, not about that life any more.

Adele is the exception for everything. HELLO was the perfect song. It had every appeal (pop culture references, catchy). 

They do.. They make it seem as though Janet fans are desperate and craving a "hit" song.. Practically begging others to share a link.. Shut up and enjoy the music. Janet didn't create this album for the GP or Billboard. She created it for #JanFam