#DammnBaby - Adult R&B Charts

feehgarcia

Its sad when Janet, who is a black artist, charts on an r&b chart but her fans dont think it means anything. 

She is black but her music is not strictly made for blacks or to move only blacks like typical R&B artists.   Damnnn Baby is not an R&B song. 

• Upvote 1

Norman... name another song off the album thats more radio friendly than DB.. it was her most talked about album track by fans and non fans soon as the album came out.  To act like its "semi weak" and/or she has some other monster tracks that would rape the radio airwaves ...is... ha! DB is the best shot for a hit off that album

PE. RI. OD!!!!

But I dont think Janet is aiming for the charts anymore. Im sure she has a nonchalant attitude like if it does chart, great. If not, been there done that who cares. Like you said Janet understands her place in the game now. That, i agree. I wish fans would wake up 

Gather him!!!

• Upvote 2

I actually agree with Game's earlier comments about none of the songs on UB  (with the exception of NS) being radio friendly. Honestly, I don't see why many people hyped DB up so much. It's pretty lackluster imo.

it's catchy but something is missing. Vocally, it is the weakest track. Instrumentally, very very weak and forgettable.. Reminds me of Rollercoaster.

It is literally a filler bc Janet wanted another groove to dance to. 

it's catchy but something is missing. Vocally, it is the weakest track. Instrumentally, very very weak and forgettable.. Reminds me of Rollercoaster.

It is literally a filler bc Janet wanted another groove to dance to. 

Good Fucking Bye!!! :lmao: A filler when its easily one of the best songs on the album and was a STANDOUT track immediately(by the public).  Dont dare compare it to Rollercoaster. Thats like comparing "Honey" to "Touch My Body" 

• Upvote 1

Good Fucking Bye!!! :lmao: A filler when its easily one of the best songs on the album and was a STANDOUT track immediately(by the public).  Dont dare compare it to Rollercoaster. Thats like comparing "Honey" to "Touch My Body" 

Janet added this song last, delayed the album for a dance track to fill the album #Filler

the same chart all older black artists appear on *petty clap*

At this point it's equivalent to a participation trophy for peewee soccer 

well she is an older black artist at this point. look at it this way, at least our black legends still has a place to chart, how many over 50 year old pop acts chart in the top 20 on hot 100?  the black audience is much more loyal, urban radio will support janet unlike pop. since my car radio stays on urban i get to hear janet on the radio, so im good.

• Upvote 1

well she is an older black artist at this point. look at it this way, at least our black legends still has a place to chart, how many over 50 year old pop acts chart in the top 20 on hot 100?  the black audience is much more loyal, urban radio will support janet unlike pop. since my car radio stays on urban i get to hear janet on the radio, so im good.

Glad our black legends have a chart that's not relevant? Too bad I don't care about charts. Certain Janet fans expect her to be on the Hot 100.. The fans that are requesting pop radio play her and to stream her music video over and over. The ones keeping track of her view count. The ones baffled as to why & how JLo (a non-Indy artists with millions of dollars backing her promo tour) got more views via VEVO for a shit song. I'm not one of them

I say, enjoy the gift she gave/gives & not the numbers

I get to hear Janet on demand 24/7 if I wanted.. No commercials, no R Kelly or Jill Scott, high quality, and right from my iPhone.. Right out of my car speaker

Edited by Game
  • Upvote 1

What's cool is that sure she's not "charting," but the quality of of her output is pretty universally acclaimed.  It's not like she's not charting because she put out a shit album.  Im pretty disenchanted by what's on the the radio these days, so Unbeakable was a HUGE breath of fresh air to me.  I would not have expected it to be successful by today's low standards.  

• Upvote 3