So is everybody ready to admit that both Beyonce and Rihanna albums are both flops?

JoeJoe

Beyonce will reach platinum eventually being that she's at 926,000 but won't get much further. Worldwide nobody's checking for it. Rihanna's Anti sits at only 280,000 and no one's checking for that overseas either. Drake is the only one slaying in sales right now although his new album isn't very good.

No they're not :lmao:

Anti is a sales disaster (ignoring the cheating) but a streaming success. And it actually has a hit single. It's just sad the tour isn't doing that well compared to Bey.

The fact that Lemonade is only a month old and is almost platinum yet you're calling it a flop is hilarious :lmao: 

• Upvote 3

Not a fan of either but a flop no.  Beyonce is still on a stadium tour.  JayZ is about to drop his response to her album and she is doing well where it matters this age digitally.  Rihanna the same.  Still on tour and did extremely well streaming wise and will continue to sell as the tour goes.  Physical albums sales shouldn't even count anymore unless you are a white boy band or an overrated english singer with a machine backing you

• Upvote 2

No they're not :lmao:

Anti is a sales disaster (ignoring the cheating) but a streaming success. And it actually has a hit single. It's just sad the tour isn't doing that well compared to Bey.

The fact that Lemonade is only a month old and is almost platinum yet you're calling it a flop is hilarious :lmao: 

HBO special, Superbowl halftime show, video for every song on the album. It's doing nothing worldwide. Smells like a flop to me. This is Beyonce who y'all claim to be one of the greatest not to mention one of the biggest stars on the planet. For her not to even be platinum in a month with all that huge fuckin' promo? As of now it's a flop

tumblr_lkha67OjzZ1qb1c2fo1_500.jpg

Rihanna sold 975k worldwide and Beyonce is close to 1.5 million and they're on still tour.....let's not :rolleyes:

Rihanna ain't sold no 975k worldwide lol.

whitney_receipts_zpsb556b579.gif

I think the era for Rihanna went bad, the constant new single choices, all that, that album just didnt bring it. I dont care for Lemonade like that either, but its not a flop, she is like others said on a stadium tour

What does a tour have to do with the album being a flop? That's why i'm ignoring their tour talk. Has nothing to do with the album sales

• Upvote 1

HBO special, Superbowl halftime show, video for every song on the album. It's doing nothing worldwide. Smells like a flop to me. This is Beyonce who y'all claim to be one of the greatest not to mention one of the biggest stars on the planet. For her not to even be platinum in a month with all that huge fuckin' promo? As of now it's a flop

tumblr_lkha67OjzZ1qb1c2fo1_500.jpg

Everything smells like a flop to you because youre pressed and dont have any common sense. The HBO special helped her sell over half a million in a week, more than Rihanna has sold in total. And then she sold another 490k in the other three weeks with no extra promo. The super bowl helped her sell out 98% of her shows. Name me an R&B singer that can do her numbers today? You can't. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

What does a tour have to do with the album being a flop? That's why i'm ignoring their tour talk. Has nothing to do with the album sales

the album as a format to sale music is pretty dead even for big artists its hit and miss at times, look at how many restarts big current names end up doing.....so really you release an album for the fans and then you tour on that where the money really is. Now if you struggle touring and the album isnt doing well, thats a flop era, Rihanna trying so hard to save this era

• Upvote 1

the album as a format to sale music is pretty dead even for big artists its hit and miss at times, look at how many restarts big current names end up doing.....so really you release an album for the fans and then you tour on that where the money really is. Now if you struggle touring and the album isnt doing well, thats a flop era, Rihanna trying so hard to save this era

Thank you. Some older people are still stuck in yesteryears music climate. Unless you're Taylor and Adele, you're unlikely to sell multi-platinum. Drake had a massive first week and then dropped hugely in sales but he's slaying in streams AND THAT IS WHERE THE INDUSTRY HAS CHANGED! Streaming is the big factor as digital music is slowly dying. Platinum is the new multi-platinum. In a few years time gold will probably end up being the new platinum. 

Edited by Dammn Bu
  • Upvote 1

Thank you. Some older people are still stuck in yesteryears music climate. Unless you're Taylor and Adele, you're not going to sell multi-platinum. Drake had a massive first week and then dropped hugely in sales but he's slaying in streams AND THAT IS WHERE THE INDUSTRY HAS CHANGED! Streaming is the big factor as digital music is slowly dying. Platinum is the new multi-platinum. In a few years time gold will probably end up being the new platinum. 

@JoeJoe

tumblr_inline_n1t3cqjj6d1qgqfhp.jpg

• Upvote 7

You all been waiting on me to comment -_- 

Rihanna Anti-Consumerism album isn't a flop. It garnered her success in some way. She's making money for herself and her label. She's doing her own thing even if that's means selling herself to Samsung

Beyonce is far from a flop. She would have sold a lot more if she didn't mess with Tidal

That being said.. We have to tip the scale now-a-days... Goodbye to the million copies sold in a month. Of course there's going to be those few artists who can still achieve that success but we cannot hold all artists to that standard. Even I hesitate to use the word "flop". Times are changing and not many people are purchasing CDs as much as they were before the Internet 

Madonna's album is a flop (huge market campaign and lost the #1 spot to a Soundtrack)

I have to agree with most. The tour has nothingn to do with the supporting album. Beyonce would have sold out arenas without a new album 

Edited by Game
  • Upvote 5

On JANUARY 29 2016, her worldwide sales were at 400k. 

http://www.spin.com/2016/01/rihannas-anti-is-certified-platinum-by-the-riaa-but-not-by-billboard-and-nielsen/

As of May her Worldwide sales are at around 975K https://twitter.com/chartnews/status/735600651569377280 

Her 2 platinum certification includes the one she got when Anti first came out so she's obviously close to gold in the US

First, she's sold at least 400k in the Us

• Upvote 1

You all been waiting on me to comment -_- 

Rihanna Anti-Consumerism album isn't a flop. It garnered her success in some way. She's making money for herself and her label. She's doing her own thing even if that's means selling herself to Samsung

Beyonce is far from a flop. She would have sold a lot more if she didn't mess with Tidal

That being said.. We have to tip the scale now-a-days... Goodbye to the million copies sold in a month. Of course there's going to be those few artists who can still achieve that success but we cannot hold all artists to that standard. Even I hesitate to use the word "flop". Times are changing and not many people are purchasing CDs as much as they were before the Internet 

Madonna's album is a flop (huge market campaign and lost the #1 spot to a Soundtrack)

I have to agree with most. The tour has nothingn to do with the supporting album. Beyonce would have sold out arenas without a new album 

*stadiums :shifty:

good post though 

Why are yall bring up tours when the man is talking about ALBUM SALES???? :blink:  You can have successful tours and have flop albums. Ask the late great Prince. No shade #RIPPurpleOne 

Tours help push albums and successful tours help push more albums and singles.....nothing has changed in that department :umm:

Rihanna and Beyonce aren't Prince (no offense to him at al) They are still in their prime and always in the limelight so they can play in arenas and stadiums. Steaming  cuts into pure album sales nowadays but the fact that can still get certifications with albums and single purchases alone (more so Beyonce than Rihanna) is great. So again they are successful no flops are seen 

• Upvote 1