So is everybody ready to admit that both Beyonce and Rihanna albums are both flops?

JoeJoe

Neither are flopping, but neither are owning everyone in album sales right now like their stanbases love making people think they are (1s more so than the others). Both are respectable numbers, but nothing for Drake or Adele to worry about.

• Upvote 5

Everything smells like a flop to you because youre pressed and dont have any common sense. The HBO special helped her sell over half a million in a week, more than Rihanna has sold in total. And then she sold another 490k in the other three weeks with no extra promo. The super bowl helped her sell out 98% of her shows. Name me an R&B singer that can do her numbers today? You can't. 

No bitch you're pressed at what I said and YOU don't have any common sense. I understand you're a new Bey fan of recent years but let's not act like you've been stanning for her since the beginning. Bringing up Itunes charts? Bye!!! Lies it sold 485,000 copies the first week. You must be adding streaming to get that "over half a million".No extra promo? Fuck she had enough already!!! :lol: Once again bringing up touring? Let me go ahead and ignore that.

the album as a format to sale music is pretty dead even for big artists its hit and miss at times, look at how many restarts big current names end up doing.....so really you release an album for the fans and then you tour on that where the money really is. Now if you struggle touring and the album isnt doing well, thats a flop era, Rihanna trying so hard to save this era

Y'all still don't get it. For BEYONCE to not even be at a million after a month says something. Her fans buy music so let's not play the "oh people don't buy music these days." This is BEYONCE not Rihanna, Ciara, Selena Gomez, or Ariana Latte. Beyonce usually sells music and with all that fuckin' promo i'm not here for the excuses baby. She had tons of promo.

Why are yall bring up tours when the man is talking about ALBUM SALES???? :blink:  You can have successful tours and have flop albums. Ask the late great Prince. No shade #RIPPurpleOne 

Cause this is typical Fleahive behavior. They can't stand to admit when their fave is not slaying so they'll bring up something else to void out what's really being discussed. Glad you see right through the bullshit. They all think they're right as if they all gang up and say i'm wrong that i'm gonna believe it. Guess they don't know me very well cause idgaf lol. I'll say it once again. The woman had a Superbowl performance, an HOUR long HBO special, and plenty of radio exposure and still not platinum in over a month. It should be doing better than what it is. I'm not here for the excuses.

First, she's sold at least 400k in the Us

It should be more but then again Rihanna never was a big album seller. 

Edited by JoeJoe
  • Upvote 2

No bitch you're pressed at what I said and YOU don't have any common sense. I understand you're a new Bey fan of recent years but let's not act like you've been stanning for her since the beginning. Bringing up Itunes charts? Bye!!! Lies it sold 485,000 copies the first week. You must be adding streaming to get that "over half a million".No extra promo? Fuck she had enough already!!! :lol: Once again bringing up touring? Let me go ahead and ignore that.

Y'all still don't get it. For BEYONCE to not even be at a million after a month says something. Her fans buy music so let's not play the "oh people don't buy music these days." This is BEYONCE not Rihanna, Ciara, Selena Gomez, or Ariana Latte. Beyonce usually sells music and with all that fuckin' promo i'm not here for the excuses baby. She had tons of promo.

Cause this is typical Fleahive behavior. They can't stand to admit when their fave is not slaying so they'll bring up something else to void out what's really being discussed. Glad you see right through the bullshit. They all think they're right as if they all gang up and say i'm wrong that i'm gonna believe it. Guess they don't know me very well cause idgaf lol. I'll say it once again. The woman had a Superbowl performance, an HOUR long HBO special, and plenty of radio exposure and still not platinum in over a month. It should be doing better than what it is. I'm not here for the excuses.

It should be more but then again Rihanna never was a big album seller. 

I'm a new Bey fan of recent years? :lmao: :lmao: . Girl, bye!

The album is going platinum and it's not a flop - the facts outweigh your stupidity. You said it's forgotten worldwide, but it's still number 1 in the worldwide album chart and you still think it's a flop. You think you're being ganged up on? You asked a question and were proved wrong by several. You don't want the answer then don't ask a question. 

Edited by Dammn Bu
  • Upvote 3

Tours help push albums and successful tours help push more albums and singles.....nothing has changed in that department :umm:

Rihanna and Beyonce aren't Prince (no offense to him at al) They are still in their prime and always in the limelight so they can play in arenas and stadiums. Steaming  cuts into pure album sales nowadays but the fact that can still get certifications with albums and single purchases alone (more so Beyonce than Rihanna) is great. So again they are successful no flops are seen 

I understand that tours are SUPPOSE to help move units but you all brought up their tours as if that equates to the album being successful. Im saying it doesnt always go hand n hand. Your NAME sells your tour, if ur album sales boost becus of it...then thats juss the icing on the cake but talkin about tours got off the subject. He didnt say their tours are flopping. He said ALBUMS ...argue the right topic. And the Prince mention mos def proves my point. Yall had a good argument wit the streaming and all that,alone. 

You all been waiting on me to comment -_- 

Rihanna Anti-Consumerism album isn't a flop. It garnered her success in some way. She's making money for herself and her label. She's doing her own thing even if that's means selling herself to Samsung

Beyonce is far from a flop. She would have sold a lot more if she didn't mess with Tidal

That being said.. We have to tip the scale now-a-days... Goodbye to the million copies sold in a month. Of course there's going to be those few artists who can still achieve that success but we cannot hold all artists to that standard. Even I hesitate to use the word "flop". Times are changing and not many people are purchasing CDs as much as they were before the Internet 

Madonna's album is a flop (huge market campaign and lost the #1 spot to a Soundtrack)

I have to agree with most. The tour has nothingn to do with the supporting album. Beyonce would have sold out arenas without a new album 

Thats odd for you to wanna grade by a different standard now ...when sales have been down how long and you would literally call 99.9% of artists FLOPS. When others would try to offer up this same analogy u just displayed, u would be dismissive of it. How odd but progressive of you. A lil late but nonetheless..  you've... uh... arrived.  

Thats odd for you to wanna grade by a different standard now ...when sales have been down how long and you would literally call 99.9% of artists FLOPS. When others would try to offer up this same analogy u just displayed, u would be dismissive of it. How odd but progressive of you. A lil late but nonetheless..  you've... uh... arrived.  

I was trolling the fan base at that point

I know the difference between a flop (Madonna, Gaga, Missy Elliot) and current market trends.. I don't use the word often but when I do, it makes sense 

I'm a new Bey fan of recent years? :lmao: :lmao: . Girl, bye!

The album is going platinum and it's not a flop - the facts outweigh your stupidity. You said it's forgotten worldwide, but it's still number 1 in the worldwide album chart and you still think it's a flop. You think you're being ganged up on? You asked a question and were proved wrong by several. You don't want the answer then don't ask a question. 

I didn't get proved wrong by shit. I ain't scared of none of you bitches as i'm sure you already know so don't think just cause y'all went against what I said that i'm still not gonna say it's a flop. Many others are saying the same via other social media. I said nobody's checking for it worldwide dumb fuck and for it be at what it is with all that promo the shit is a flop. Fuck outta here with some itunes charts lol. Where are the numbers? Fact is it's a flop cause if it was anybody else you stupid hoes would be calling it a flop.

I understand that tours are SUPPOSE to help move units but you all brought up their tours as if that equates to the album being successful. Im saying it doesnt always go hand n hand. Your NAME sells your tour, if ur album sales boost becus of it...then thats juss the icing on the cake but talkin about tours got off the subject. He didnt say their tours are flopping. He said ALBUMS ...argue the right topic. And the Prince mention mos def proves my point. Yall had a good argument wit the streaming and all that,alone. 

Gather these stupid hoes!!!! Always trying to detract in sake of Thotyonce.

Thank you! Some of the same ones who called Lady Gaga's album Artflop even tho it sold over 2 million worldwide. A flop is a fuckin' flop!

Edited by JoeJoe
  • Upvote 1

I didn't get proved wrong by shit. I ain't scared of none of you bitches as i'm sure you already know so don't think just cause y'all went against what I said that i'm still not gonna say it's a flop. Many others are saying the same via other social media. I said nobody's checking for it worldwide dumb fuck and for it be at what it is with all that promo the shit is a flop. Fuck outta here with some itunes charts lol. Where are the numbers? Fact is it's a flop cause if it was anybody else you stupid hoes would be calling it a flop.

You got proved wrong by several but your but your dumb ass can't comprehend it. I LITERALLY POSTED A RECEIPT OF IT BEING NUMBER 1 ON THE WORLDWIDE ALBUM CHART RIGHT NOW, YOU DUMB SHIT. That is proof in itself that people ARE checking for it worldwide. How fucking stupid are you? LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL! This is why you're known as the dumb one on the forum and have been for years. 

MY argument was that their ALBUMS were already selling well and that their successful tours will HELP the album move even more units because touring is a form of promotion. Where did I say an album is successful because of its tour? I don't recall anyone saying tour sales equal album sales. No one mentioned tour grosses or anything like that. The only numbers mentioned were ALBUM numbers so the extra information is unnecessary. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Gather these stupid hoes!!!! Always trying to detract in sake of Thotyonce.

Thank you! Some of the same ones who called Lady Gaga's album Artflop even tho it sold over 2 million worldwide. A flop is a fuckin' flop!

Who said you have to be scared? The fact is that you're wrong and got called out. If everyone is saying that then you're all still wrong :rolleyes::lmao:

No one's checking for Beyonce yet she's was #1 on the GLOBAL ALBUMS chart when Lemonade debuted and AGAIN this week 4 weeks later. 

"Beyoncé's latest effort 'Lemonade' is still a very strong seller globally, in its fourth week at retail the set moved another 171,000 units, enough for a return to the summit of the Global Album Chart. With a total of 1,456,000 copies so far, 'Lemonade' climbs to no.5 on the year-to-date chart. One place higher on that list, ranks Drake's current album 'Views' with a total of

1,506,000 copies after only three weeks.  Right on the homepage too. 

http://www.mediatraffic.de/index.htm

Bringing up an 3 year old album to try slamming one that just came out a month ago....? I'm not even going to entertain that. #DontHurtYourself.

Bottom line is that the album IS successful in all fronts. You can have your OPINION but don't pass it off as truth when it isn't. 

• Upvote 2

MY argument was that their ALBUMS were already selling well and that their successful tours will HELP the album move even more units because touring is a form of promotion. Where did I say an album is successful because of its tour? I don't recall anyone saying tour sales equal album sales. No one mentioned tour grosses or anything like that. The only numbers mentioned were ALBUM numbers so the extra information is unnecessary. 

You, Bu and Bailey mentioned her stadium tour being successful. If it has nothing to do with album sales WHY did YOU 3 bring it up at all based off what u just said to me.?That tour "info" was irrelevant to the argument and Billboard 200. Its not like Joe said..."no one cares about Beyonce anymore" .. u guys brought up her stadium tour as if that supports the argument of why she's not flopping saleswise. 

And lets b clear... Im not taking up for Joe, cus I dont think Beyonce is flopping (declining,yeah...but thats a different subject)... Im merely on the sideline observing whats being said and just found it odd that ppl went into topic B when this was about topic A. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You, Bu and Bailey mentioned her stadium tour being successful. If it has nothing to do with album sales WHY did YOU 3 bring it up at all based off what u just said to me.?That tour "info" was irrelevant to the argument and Billboard 200. Its not like Joe said..."no one cares about Beyonce anymore" .. u guys brought up her stadium tour as if that supports the argument of why she's not flopping saleswise. 

And lets b clear... Im not taking up for Joe, cus I dont think Beyonce is flopping (declining,yeah...but thats a different subject)... Im merely on the sideline observing whats being said and just found it odd that ppl went into topic B when this was about topic A. 

No one used the tour as a standalone argument or tried to make the argument about the tour so I'm not sure why you keep bringing up the fact it was mentioned. Her tour will help her album push more units. The fact that is successful will increase the likelihood of some longterm success of the album domestically and internationally. Because she a popular artist, her tour success will correlate with her longterm figures for her album. Again, everyone's main focus was the album's sales and it wasn't until you and Joe tried saying that everyone's talking about the tour and not her sales.  The tour will only help her figures rise. 

• Upvote 1

Boom! Intelligence is clearly something you have over them lol. I told you Bey fans always deflect from the issue and bring up another subject to make it not seem as bad.

Cease with the name-calling please.

and once again you see those who lack maturity started the name calling first as they always do. Once you call me a name best believe i'm gonna call you one back. I could've gotten down and dirty but I didn't. Anyway the name calling on my end has stopped. Let's see if they can handle themselves without having to do so.

• Downvote 1

Yup. That's to JoeJoe and a handful of others in the Janet section. I can't say all older people because Bailey is the oldest member here and he gets it.

pyuez.gif

and that's why Blue didnt get another plus point even though they had it coming :)

• Upvote 1

It wasn't any shade. You experienced Janet from the beginning. Not many of us have that. 

I experienced the great times, we didnt have the net, but if we did we would have had the biggest beehive a buzz okay.....Janet fans dont play, and she knew that

• Upvote 1