Lessons Learned Appreciation Thread

For now his song plays on...will you? Play yours too...

Real rap, LL has crept into my Janet top 5 (number 4 in front of Empty) This track has really resonated w/ me seeing as how I just recently got out of a codependent relationship. The production is so understated but powerful at the same time...the little twangs and instrumentation in certain spots is just straight up ear candy. Janet's vocals are so vulnerable and somber, but you can identify w/ the emotion she's giving. I can't get through this song without getting in my feelings. 

• Upvote 1

Upon first listen it had a country-ish vibe to it imo, and I appreciated that.. It's one of my favs from side 2..

in an alternate universe I would've loved to have seen her perform this song (or songs like this) live.. In the studio she's incredibly versatile between genres, and I wish she displayed that more in her live performances.. 

I'd imagine an "unplugged" style performance of this song would sound great, among others..

I felt like the song was written with her parent's relationship in mind..

• Upvote 6

The combination of this and Black Eagle is just amazing. Great as a standalone too. Really like the production and music

I would like to hear the lyrics sung in Spanish or maybe French too. I would have liked to see that sort of thing from her

• Upvote 2

For now his song plays on...will you? Play yours too...

Real rap, LL has crept into my Janet top 5 (number 4 in front of Empty) This track has really resonated w/ me seeing as how I just recently got out of a codependent relationship. The production is so understated but powerful at the same time...the little twangs and instrumentation in certain spots is just straight up ear candy. Janet's vocals are so vulnerable and somber, but you can identify w/ the emotion she's giving. I can't get through this song without getting in my feelings. 

Lord. Get out of my head! Everything you juss said is EXACTLY my relation and feelings about this song. It was the 2nd song after DB that caught me and sucked me in. Its sooooo underrated and overlooked. Its like a cry for help but its still full of promise . I LOVE THE CONTRAST in this song. Simplistic yet complicated. 

I really like this track, it does have a country feel to it which is one of her mother's favorite music & I think this is about her parents which makes sense that's who she thought of when she wrote it. I also love the "Played his part but she only blames she..." Part of that is vague & purposeful "she" could be herself as well as the other woman. It's all in one. Just love the vibe of this song. 

• Upvote 2