Janet's Music 100 Years in the Future

(I don't think a thread like this has been made before)

Imagine that we're 100 years into the future and someone has never heard a Janet song. They can only listen to one of her songs. Which song do you think best summarizes her legacy and artistry? What one song do you think would give that person the best glimpse of Janet?

Her Thriller? :umm: 

She actually Wrote RN and she has topped its success.. It is not her "Thriller" 

Her Thriller as in her most recognizable piece of work globally, Game. Song and video. Anytime ppl see anything military its related back to Janet.  Lord, stop taking shit so literal. Its boring and exhausting. Find a new hobbie,Christ!

• Upvote 6

Her Thriller as in her most recognizable piece of work globally, Game. Song and video. Anytime ppl see anything military its related back to Janet.  Lord, stop taking shit so literal. Its boring and exhausting. Find a new hobbie,Christ!

yeah.. I don't think it's her most "global" song ever.. I would chop that up to Together Again or AFY, IF, TTWLG so no.. It's not her "Thriller" #Sorry

Thriller sold millions world wide and cemented MJ's legacy. RN is strong but it didn't have the world wide appeal you think it did.. It faired well only in the States (peaking at #2) and only being certified in the US (gold) 

Edited by Game

yeah.. I don't think it's her most "global" song ever.. I would chop that up to Together Again or AFY, IF, TTWLG so no.. It's not her "Thriller" #Sorry

Thriller sold millions world wide and cemented MJ's legacy. RN is strong but it didn't have the world wide appeal you think it did.. It faired well only in the States (peaking at #2) and only being certified in the US (gold) 

How many people do you see recreating AFY, IF, and TTWLG. Everyone remembers RN and it really her most iconic song and look Worldwide.  I can literally post a video of people doing RN from every country on the globe

AUSTRALIA

IRAQ

GLASGOW

INDONESIA

KOREA

BARCELONA SPAIN

Edited by DasSad
  • Upvote 3

when I say my good cousin can read just a bit though -_-

and Michael spent the rest of his entire life trying to top Thriller :sigh: ....I always say Janet was more versatile she innovated more did more, RN was not the end but an era followed by many more great eras, which is also why I dont like comparing them they stand on their own

• Upvote 3

So the majority of people think RN. That was one of mine, but I think Control would also be a good song to summarize her as an artist.

and Michael spent the rest of his entire life trying to top Thriller :sigh: ....I always say Janet was more versatile she innovated more did more, RN was not the end but an era followed by many more great eras, which is also why I dont like comparing them they stand on their own

That was one of his mistakes. Thriller set the bar very high early on in his career and it would be almost impossible for him to top its sales. I remember reading in his autobio that he wanted Bad to sell ~100 million. I love MJ and his music, but yeah, he could have done more things completely out of his comfort zone in terms of song and dance.

How many people do you see recreating AFY, IF, and TTWLG. Everyone remembers RN and it really her most iconic song and look Worldwide.  I can literally post a video of people doing RN from every country on the globe

AUSTRALIA

IRAQ

GLASGOW

INDONESIA

KOREA

BARCELONA SPAIN

He jumped on the janet bandwagon a lil late. I wouldnt expect him to know how impactful RN was... tho e was smart enough to say RN would be the ONE song that would represent who she is as artist :umm: 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

when I say my good cousin can read just a bit though -_-

RN is to Janet. What Thriller is to Mike and what Vogue is to Madonna..what Waterfalls is to TLC,etc.... Its their most recognizable song and video...period. Pretty much every artist has that ONE song and video thats synonymous to who they are. Alot of times he pretends to be delayed just to start a debate. Ive never seen someone be so bored in my life. It gets extremely old. EVERY single thing does not have to be a debate

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

RN is to Janet. What Thriller is to Mike and what Vogue is to Madonna..what Waterfalls is to TLC,etc.... Its their most recognizable song and video...period. Pretty much every artist has that ONE song and video thats synonymous to who they are. Alot of times he pretends to be delayed just to start a debate. Ive never seen someone be so bored in my life. It gets extremely old. EVERY single thing does not have to be a debate

-_-  no things dont need debating art should just be enjoyed

Yessssss all this.

There's quite a few videos out there that features many of Janet's songs. Maybe RN is the most "popular" but in 1989, it didn't do so well worldwide.. That's what I'm basing it off of (whereas Thriller murdered every country it was released in)

• Upvote 1

He jumped on the janet bandwagon a lil late. I wouldnt expect him to know how impactful RN was... tho e was smart enough to say RN would be the ONE song that would represent who she is as artist :umm: 

I didn't jump on her bandwagon late.. No such thing as "being late" to a party when the party is older than i am 

Alot of times he pretends to be delayed just to start a debate. Ive never seen someone be so bored in my life. It gets extremely old. EVERY single thing does not have to be a debate

lies. I honestly don't consider RN as Janet's "Thriller" based on that equation you laid out.

You haven't seen anyone so bored with life? Have you met my fans? 

I didn't jump on her bandwagon late.. No such thing as "being late" to a party when the party is older than i am 

lies. I honestly don't consider RN as Janet's "Thriller" based on that equation you laid out.

You haven't seen anyone so bored with life? Have you met my fans? 

you was late boo I heard u say AFY was when u came on.....I was like :blink:   you missed sooooo much I saw, hell I saw the 87 Grammy performance live...she slayed dat shit doe -_-

you was late boo I heard u say AFY was when u came on.....I was like :blink:   you missed sooooo much I saw, hell I saw the 87 Grammy performance live...she slayed dat shit doe -_-

I wasn't alive so bragging about it makes you look real dumb. "Oh boy.. You missed Woodstock and the Beatles". You're only showing your age and making yourself look silly 

AFY was 15 years ago.. :umm:

I answered the damn question with the majority... How I came to that conclusion doesn't matter

i don't want to debate this or take it too "literal" but I remind you that this is a message board and a healthy debate is not out of line to expect, is it? 

It's not like I'm one of these other members who want to get internet hood and petty