Janet's Music 100 Years in the Future

Yessssss all this.

There's quite a few videos out there that features many of Janet's songs. Maybe RN is the most "popular" but in 1989, it didn't do so well worldwide.. That's what I'm basing it off of (whereas Thriller murdered every country it was released in)

It could have sold 2 copies worldwide but the song itself has had a huge impact all over the world.  

He jumped on the janet bandwagon a lil late. I wouldnt expect him to know how impactful RN was... tho e was smart enough to say RN would be the ONE song that would represent who she is as artist :umm: 

Talking about impact. Deadpool even mentioned Rhythm Nation.  

• Upvote 2

Moist is cringe-worthy at times, but it's kinda funny whenever I listen to it because of the cringe.

Warmth is just a bore to listen to along with being somewhat cringe-worthy IMO.

Warmth is beyond cringeworthy.. Moist is kinda sensual and sexy. She should have just kept that and got rid of WARMTH. 

• Upvote 2

It could have sold 2 copies worldwide but the song itself has had a huge impact all over the world.  

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just like "Thriller" (the song) was not even a #1 song and was far from being the biggest hit off that album YET ITS HIS MOST RECOGNIZABLE PIECE OF WORK!!! 

The same applies to Janet and RN :lmao:  

SO Norman can have several seats, all the seats at Madison Square Garden and Staples Center :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: 

• Upvote 1

I was just bouta say Thriller (along with maybe Billie Jean, Smooth Criminal and Man In The Mirror) defines MJ as an artist and those are his 4 biggest, most recognizable tracks he ever made (especially Thriller due to the masterpiece short film)!

but I agree with RN.. It's iconic, forever lasting.. A song doesn't have to be a #1 hit for it to be iconic (Smooth Criminal nor Thriller ever made it to Top 3 songs on the Hot 100 chart in the US)..

coupled with the masterpiece music video for RN, it stands as her most widely known piece of work..

As for "Thriller" not hitting #1, I'd say it suffered from bad timing: A Halloween-themed single released in the middle of January, the video released way ahead of the physical single, and it was the last of the 7 singles. The fact that it reached #4 despite all that against it is still a good achievement. :)

• Upvote 1