Janet on the cover/featured in June issue of Emirates Woman

MorganR

Oh just so y'all know I didn't read the last sentence of his post. I just saw it due to me wondering why y'all were talking about Janet showing her body or not. I don't agree that Janet has to show her body. We've all seen it enough and she's 50.

we're glad you found the lies in that paragraph 

Wissam could have found any model on this earth, married her, and have his babies like the rest of these models. But no.. Janet isn't a spring chicken.. She's 50 and although the makeup and Botox covers most of it, it shows elsewhere

Janet is older now and SHOULD be covered up... If she were still singing and doing sexual things at 50, she would be ashamed of herself. 

That VIBE interview was 10 years ago :umm: people mature and change over time. 

The fact that you thought he was gay is ignorance and the fact that you think he's controlling is ignorance.. Point blank.. It shows how uncultured you are 

No one is asking her to dress circa 1993 or have her tittys out. You are making that shit up to make some invisible argument. She has dressed classy before without looking like she's going to choir rehearsal everyday.  Me thinking he is gay is no more ignorant than those who thought the same about Rene.  The fact that you cant see what is before your own eyes shows how blind you are.  A 41 year old billionaire with no heir or wife and his previous relationship was a woman who looked like she just got cut from Rupauls drag Race in the first round but I cant question this. Truth be told if this era went down like it has with any of her previous men we would not be giving them exceptions the way that we do with Wissam.  He gets to hide behind the "tradition", and "culture" banner so no matter what happens you just except it because you dare not offend someones beliefs.   So words like possessive, controlling, and insecure are offensive.  Those are the words we would use if she were this way with her other men.  We called Rene controlling, possessive and insecure.  

Edited by DasSad
  • Upvote 1

Since when do we as people "have to" show skin? Why is Janet not showing skin even a fucking topic???? :blink:

Janet cant evolve from wanting to do so? With her being older and married she may feel better about toning all that down,which comes with age. How many times have you heard parents or grand parents come with the "Ohhh, back in my day....I was a......" They had a time when they were young and lil more outlandish..but you mature from that. My grandmother use to be a hot toddy wearing mini skirts going to James Brown concerts...but she hasnt been in a mini skirt since the 70s...is she still suppose to be rockin em at 70something? Like...wtf. Its called being AGE APPROPRIATE. Something Madonna knows nothing about and gets heavily criticized for, still dressing like she's Miley Cyrus. We should be glad our fav has class instead of getting bad attention like that clown with a walker. Some discussions on here are beyond ridiculous and lack any type of common sense. Screw that light bulb in before typing next time. 

• Upvote 4

Since when do we as people "have to" show skin? Why is Janet not showing skin even a fucking topic???? :blink:

Janet cant evolve from wanting to do so? With her being older and married she may feel better about toning all that down,which comes with age. How many times have you heard parents or grand parents come with the "Ohhh, back in my day....I was a......" They had a time when they were young and lil more outlandish..but you mature from that. My grandmother use to be a hot toddy wearing mini skirts going to James Brown concerts...but she hasnt been in a mini skirt since the 70s...is she still suppose to be rockin em at 70something? Like...wtf. Its called being AGE APPROPRIATE. Something Madonna knows nothing about and gets heavily criticized for, still dressing like she's Miley Cyrus. We should be glad our fav has class instead of getting bad attention like that clown with a walker. Some discussions on here are beyond ridiculous and lack any type of common sense. Screw that light bulb in before typing next time. 

Everytime this argument is brought up I think of Madonna. I would rather Janet be like she is now than still trying to fit in with the kids. Let Madonna have that embarrassing shit....she likes it. I remember when Feedback came out and I heard some guy on the radio say did Janet just say "I'm heavier than a first day period"? "Does she even get periods anymore"? Yeah fucked up I know but that's how ageism works.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You guys still on about this? Give it a rest already. None of us know shit about her life, nor does she want us to. That's why we've got Jimmy talking about the same shit about her being shy and how the 80's recording sessions went, cause there really is nothing new to say. She doesn't want to share, but the media is so hungry for anything at all, they interview and quote Jimmy's same old stories we've heard since the 90's. 

• Upvote 1

well..yeah. i can see a cross between the two but i think its mainly the HAIR that is so circa 93 janet.era that im referring to. 

The hair is what im referring to. It feels like TVR hair grown out, just like she has very much evolved from that stage of her life.

People are very simple minded. They think that if she isnt showing skin or dry humping a guy on stage, then she isnt sexy anymore. I happen to think its something you exude without trying and thats what she does imo.

• Upvote 2

I remember back when Janet turned 40 ppl were talkin about ...why is she still doing the sex symbol thing cus it tired now and blah blah blah...so now she is 50 ppl are asking why isnt she showing skin? Me,personally ..im glad.she aint doin the cleavage thing cus it WOULD be played out by now. Over 20+ years of showing her titties. Nah, we good. 

• Upvote 1

I remember back when Janet turned 40 ppl were talkin about ...why is she still doing the sex symbol thing cus it tired now and blah blah blah...so now she is 50 ppl are asking why isnt she showing skin? Me,personally ..im glad.she aint doin the cleavage thing cus it WOULD be played out by now. Over 20+ years of showing her titties. Nah, we good. 

In all fairness  it was very tiring at the time...every magazine and interview she was pretty much flaunting it all. All everyone wanted to talk about was her body because she had just lost a whole loada weight.

• Upvote 1

In all fairness  it was very tiring at the time...every magazine and interview she was pretty much flaunting it all. All everyone wanted to talk about was her body because she had just lost a whole loada weight.

but thats my thing how could it be tired back then but then ppl want skin now that she's 10 yrs older? ...its backwards to me 

Cleavage is cool

Who is asking her to show her tits? It's about freedom of expression. This is equivalent to the emasculation of a man. Sara Shahi great actress from the L Word and Person of interest. She posted a photo on IG from the lalla essaydi converging territories collection. It had 4 women. The first completely covered the second 1 you could see her eyes the 3rd you could see her face. The last was a little girl nothing covering her.  Sara captioned it saying thank you mom for allowing me to have a voice we are not objects we're equals.  

It's not about tits and ass when I mention her wearing drapes. It's about what those drapes symbolize. 

Who is asking her to show her tits? It's about freedom of expression. This is equivalent to the emasculation of a man. Sara Shahi great actress from the L Word and Person of interest. She posted a photo on IG from the lalla essaydi converging territories collection. It had 4 women. The first completely covered the second 1 you could see her eyes the 3rd you could see her face. The last was a little girl nothing covering her.  Sara captioned it saying thank you mom for allowing me to have a voice we are not objects we're equals.  

It's not about tits and ass when I mention her wearing drapes. It's about what those drapes symbolize. 

You keep talking about symbolism, all while being condescending toward others beliefs and culture calling them "drapes", completely ignoring that it's your interpretation of that symbolism. You are the very problem you're fighting against. If it's about choosing, then respect her choice. She made one, & I'm sure she loves what it SYMBOLIZES for her. Youre acting like she needs to adopt your perspective of freedom for her to truly be free. Youre really being a hypocrite. It's so funny how people force their perspectives about opposing religion all to demonize the forcing of religious beliefs. Youre disrespectful and don't even realize it because you feel justified in tearing down what you think isn't worthy of standing instead of understanding it's position. 

How was Dubai?

I was only there 3/4 days. It looked like a cross between Miami and somewhere in the Middle East. Doesnt seem like there is that much to do (unless you like shopping),but there is loads of restaurants, quite diverse and people seemed friendly enough...and VERY hot! Apparently people dont really be staying outside in the summer months. We did go to a waterpark though which was really fun

Edited by vibeology
  • Upvote 2

You keep talking about symbolism, all while being condescending toward others beliefs and culture calling them "drapes", completely ignoring that it's your interpretation of that symbolism. You are the very problem you're fighting against. If it's about choosing, then respect her choice. She made one, & I'm sure she loves what it SYMBOLIZES for her. Youre acting like she needs to adopt your perspective of freedom for her to truly be free. Youre really being a hypocrite. It's so funny how people force their perspectives about opposing religion all to demonize the forcing of religious beliefs. Youre disrespectful and don't even realize it because you feel justified in tearing down what you think isn't worthy of standing instead of understanding it's position. 

Yet at the same time the "culture" and "beliefs" is the only reason you said what you just said. Going to strip clubs in Atlanta is culture. Envying your wife with other men is culture. I didn't hear anyone defending that behavior in her previous relationships in the name of culture.  People beliefs and culture are only acceptable to us when they are in a religion context.  I'm not the hypocrite here. Thou should not covet another mans wife. Thats what the drapes are about and you are ok with that. Rene was the same way but we just called him jealous.  You probably didn't take the time to look at the art collection I mention which was created by a Muslim women. I guess she like me has no understanding of her position.  

Edited by DasSad

Yet at the same time the "culture" and "beliefs" is the only reason you said what you just said. Going to strip clubs in Atlanta is culture. Envying your wife with other men is culture. I didn't hear anyone defending that behavior in her previous relationships in the name of culture.  People beliefs and culture are only acceptable to us when they are in a religion context.  I'm not the hypocrite here. Thou should not covet another mans wife. Thats what the drapes are about and you are ok with that. Rene was the same way but we just called him jealous.  You probably didn't take the time to look at the art collection I mention which was created by a Muslim women. I guess she like me has no understanding of her position.  

Actually I don't know who the "we" are that you're referring to. I never called Rene or Jermaine anything. My position has always been, Janet made decisions based on her life that benefited her. Which means every man she ended up with good, good, bad or indifferent was her life. That's her position. I DID defend Janet going to the strip club, and many of the other personal decisions she made. You pick and choose which part of a culture you accept & LIKE I SAID, you take the accounts of some & pose it as gospel for all & act like its a solid truth. You are no different from the religion you argue against. Some believe in their culture, beliefs, and right to live as such. For you to call them anything beyond freethinking to CHOOSE their perspective is hypocritical. I don't give a damn who you have agree with you. That Muslim woman is not representative of EVERY Muslim woman or Janet herself.