Rhythm Nation Record signs a Hip-Hop group for its first act

jarrylf

While the world prepares for the arrival of the most anticipated birth in pop music, Janet Jackson is still making business moves by signing her first act to Rhythm Nation Records.

Her plans are to repackage the southern group and make them into the OutKast of the new generation with a dance-able and socially conscious sound.

This will be the first major signing for Jackson’s new record label. Her plans are to do something that she’s never done before in her career and make them her opening act when she returns to the stage late 2016 to give them more exposure before their album is released early 2017. There are also plans for her to do a cameo in their first video and after that, she will allow the group to forge their own path without a connection to her.

They were discovered when a member of the group gave Jackson’s husband, Wissam Al Mana a copy of their CD while working for security part time for the hotel that Jackson was staying when she was on tour. Wissam Al Mana admitted in an interview on Al-Jazeera TV that he set the CD on the counter in their Presidential Suite to destroy the CD but his assistant saw it and thought that it was set out to be played and the rest is history.

This is an interesting choice for Jackson to choose a hip hop group as her first musical act, but Jackson is known for taking chances in her career. Wissam Al Mana will exclusively sell the groups debut CD at his Doha Mall slated to open late 2016 making them the first American act to go platinum before they have even recorded their debut album. This is the power of having Janet Jackson in their corner.

We wish Tay Real and JBrock continued success and look forward to seeing how the Queen of Pop transition them into mainsteam artists.

http://www.etinside.com/?p=17983

• Upvote 1

Im not sure I like the act  :unsure: if she ever did sign an artist she should actively seek out talent that has been vetted, not someone that left their demo with her husband ..I mean Im just getting Apollo teas and hearing whoop whoop and boos <_<

Im not sure I like the act  :unsure: if she ever did sign an artist she should actively seek out talent that has been vetted, not someone that left their demo with her husband ..I mean Im just getting Apollo teas and hearing whoop whoop and boos <_<

Idk if it's true but why would they need vetted again? 

Edited by Game

Idk if it's true but why would they need vetted again? 

whose this act? Do they have management? Do they write and produce? Whose talented? Who doesn't do a thing? Have they been in the business and if so how long? Anyone can put together a demo

Here's the song... Now available on iTunes 

This shit is trash and I don't believe she signed these clowns. She has a song called damnn baby which addresses this kind of shit and she signs this clown show. I think not. She went through that whole back and forth with Wale over his lyrics and this group is way worst in those terms. 

• Upvote 1