iHeart Festival after the pregnancy?

feehgarcia

So, I was wondering...
Janet missed the iHeart Festival last year. We all remember it was reported she was unable to fly, was touring in the US by bus-only at the time, and that's the reason why she canceled it.

Above all postponements, cancellations and things that "went wrong" with this Era, I think the iHeart Festival was the one who got me more sad. I was SOOO excited to see Janet on TV again! Profession footage, even for a Unbreakable Tour pocket version... I was devastated when she cancelled the European LEG – I was attenting to – but after the pregnancy news it all made sense and it's ok now. <3

But back to the Festival... Do you think there's any possibily of Janet performing next year, maybe on 2018? I have NO idea how those contracts work, but she cancelled it a few days before the event and was one of the BIG names! Maybe, if she really returns with the project – or start a new one – like she said, she could perform at festival.

Would be awsome, right?

Yea I was fkn bummed when she bailed on it, but also knew in the back of my mind that the logistics of the whole scheduling around that time didn't really make a ton of sense, regardless if she would've taken a plane or a bus..

it reminded me of when she was scheduled for SNL back in 2008 to promote Discipline.. I firmly believe that if she would've been able to perform Feedback on SNL it would've made the song a top 10 hit! It was damn near peaking around that time at #19, if I remember correctly..

Yea I was fkn bummed when she bailed on it, but also knew in the back of my mind that the logistics of the whole scheduling around that time didn't really make a ton of sense, regardless if she would've taken a plane or a bus..

it reminded me of when she was scheduled for SNL back in 2008 to promote Discipline.. I firmly believe that if she would've been able to perform Feedback on SNL it would've made the song a top 10 hit! It was damn near peaking around that time at #19, if I remember correctly..

yes it went top 20 without much radio support and of course the label and LA Reid sorta gave Janet some shit

Yall act like festival was some global superbowl halftime event or sumtin...who cares. Its a festival. Her doin the Essence festival yrs ago made more noise than this iHeart shit anyway... this did not harm anything 

Right! If my memory is correct, Janet landed a #1 album with ZERO promotional performance.. ZERO billion dollar record label and no iHeartRadio 

• Upvote 2

Yall act like festival was some global superbowl halftime event or sumtin...who cares. Its a festival. Her doin the Essence festival yrs ago made more noise than this iHeart shit anyway... this did not harm anything 

And if Janet was there it would've made more noise than Essence. It may of not harmed anything but it damn sure didn't help ticket or album sales. Let's stop pretending that if Janet did the Iheart festival that it wouldn't of been great exposure and wouldn't of boosted album or ticket sales. I think we all know the world loves seeing when Janet hits the stage cause both fans and casuals know Janet don't play. It was a failed opportunity.

• Upvote 2

And if Janet was there it would've made more noise than Essence. It may of not harmed anything but it damn sure didn't help ticket or album sales. Let's stop pretending that if Janet did the Iheart festival that it wouldn't of been great exposure and wouldn't of boosted album or ticket sales. I think we all know the world loves seeing when Janet hits the stage cause both fans and casuals know Janet don't play. It was a failed opportunity.

Performances do not carry much weight when it comes to sales n shit like it use to. Nowadays, ppl either want to buy your album or they dont, they want to go to your show or they dont. Besides Janets ticket sales for the 1st leg were damn near all sold out...that shows that she didnt "need" iHeart for anything. I understand yall wanted the exposure but what we are saying is...she was doing just fine without it. Superbowl halftime didnt even help Madonna's sales...so what was iHeart gonna do? There is no stage on earth bigger that the SB stage...its the most global event on this planet  

Performances do not carry much weight when it comes to sales n shit like it use to. Nowadays, ppl either want to buy your album or they dont, they want to go to your show or they dont. Besides Janets ticket sales for the 1st leg were damn near all sold out...that shows that she didnt "need" iHeart for anything. I understand yall wanted the exposure but what we are saying is...she was doing just fine without it. Superbowl halftime didnt even help Madonna's sales...so what was iHeart gonna do? There is no stage on earth bigger that the SB stage...its the most global event on this planet  

Correct!!!

Let's play a game... Name one artist from the iHeartRadio Festival of 2015 that actually sold records 

Our fifth annual iHeartRadio Music Festival, hosted by Ryan Seacrest, will welcome the biggest artists to the MGM Grand Arena for two nights of unforgettable performances, surprise on-stage collaborations, and more. This year's lineup includes Kanye WestSam SmithColdplayDemi LovatoDavid GuettaKenny ChesneyThe WeekndTove LoLil WayneFall Out BoyDisclosureHozierJason DeruloDuran DuranPrince RoyceDiploTrey SongzThe KillersBlake SheltonNick Jonas

ill wait

I'mnot talking about promo or sales, guys...
I'm saying this because IF Janet ever performed there, we would have a PROFESSIONAL HDTV FOOTAGE FROM A FULL SET PERFORMANCE!

We don't have that in AGES!
When was the last time se got decent PRO footage from a Janet show? LOL 

• Upvote 1

I'm saying this because IF Janet ever performed there, we would have a PROFESSIONAL HDTV FOOTAGE FROM A FULL SET PERFORMANCE!

Her fairweather fans only care about how much she sells and how well she does on the charts.. They don't care about HD video or Janet (or the baby's) well-being

• Upvote 1

it's been a while.. I think the last pro concert footage we have was from the Essence Festival, right? That was cool and all, but seeing Rhythm Nation for the billionth time was sorta eh.. I wish the hologram effect/screen would've went off without a hitch.. I'd looooove to have that opening 10 mins in 1080p HD quality!!!

• Upvote 1

Correct!!!

Let's play a game... Name one artist from the iHeartRadio Festival of 2015 that actually sold records 

Our fifth annual iHeartRadio Music Festival, hosted by Ryan Seacrest, will welcome the biggest artists to the MGM Grand Arena for two nights of unforgettable performances, surprise on-stage collaborations, and more. This year's lineup includes Kanye WestSam SmithColdplayDemi LovatoDavid GuettaKenny ChesneyThe WeekndTove LoLil WayneFall Out BoyDisclosureHozierJason DeruloDuran DuranPrince RoyceDiploTrey SongzThe KillersBlake SheltonNick Jonas

ill wait

they sold concert tickets though. I don't see her doing IHeart but it would be a great opportunity if she plans on picking the tour back up. Give people a preview of the show and a reason to buy or repurchase a ticket. No one really sales records anymore. Those people you mention stream very well and their music is played on the radio. 

they sold concert tickets though. I don't see her doing IHeart but it would be a great opportunity if she plans on picking the tour back up. Give people a preview of the show and a reason to buy or repurchase a ticket. No one really sales records anymore. Those people you mention stream very well and their music is played on the radio. 

who sold concert tickets :huh: 90% of those people listed can't tour alone 

She's pregnant so no.. She's not doing it this year and the tour is said to pick back up after she delivers her offspring / next spring 

Sorry, I don't stream/radio (which is a playlist created by record labels) and I'm not a Chart junkie but when it comes down to it, hardly any of them has had big success after iHeartRadio 

Madonna sold out tho and I understand about music sales cause Bey's album is still flopping even after the Superbowl and ain't nothing gonna help it. It's only 1.6 million worldwide. That is a FLOP no matter what anyone says but her stadium tour is selling out. Janet's first leg was near all sold out cause she didn't do Arena shows for all of the dates. I saw her in SF in a theater of only about 5,000.

She'll probably ditch it like the last one tbh.

Untitled-93.gif

:lol:

they sure did but all those artists mentioned suck anyway so of course they're not gonna sell. All of them hardly sold albums in the first place. Now that I think about it maybe that's why Janet didn't do it cause of all the sucky artists she'd be in company with lol

Edited by JoeJoe

Madonna sold out tho and I understand about music sales cause Bey's album is still flopping even after the Superbowl and ain't nothing gonna help it. It's only 1.6 million worldwide. That is a FLOP no matter what anyone says but her stadium tour is selling out. Janet'sthey sure did but all those artists mentioned suck anyway so of course they're not gonna sell. All of them hardly sold albums in the first place. Now that I think about it maybe that's why Janet didn't do it cause of all the sucky artists she'd be in company with lol first leg was near all sold out cause she didn't do Arena shows for all of the dates. I saw her in SF in a theater of only about 5,000.

Joe.. most of her first leg were Arenas  :blink: so what she had a few theater venues thrown in there....what in the world does that have to do with her first leg selling out? Its odd that youre tryna discredit her when YOU were the one that made the official thread for her sell out crowds for each date. YOU were the main one posting pix of the sold out crowd inside the venues :mellow: like am I tripping? You were the main bragging about how she was selling out all those arenas... so y r u switching up now? I dnt get it. Has someone hacked into ur account? Is this Joe???????

• Upvote 2

Joe.. most of her first leg were Arenas  :blink: so what she had a few theater venues thrown in there....what in the world does that have to do with her first leg selling out? Its odd that youre tryna discredit her when YOU were the one that made the official thread for her sell out crowds for each date. YOU were the main one posting pix of the sold out crowd inside the venues :mellow: like am I tripping? You were the main bragging about how she was selling out all those arenas... so y r u switching up now? I dnt get it. Has someone hacked into ur account? Is this Joe???????

It's not discrediting it's the truth. Yes I was posting those because they were sold out. I was bragging about her selling out Arenas cause she was. You obviously aren't getting what i'm saying when I said the festival was a missed opportunity. Had she done it i'm sure ALL of her dates on the first leg would've been sold out and not just 90%. Some of the shows that were under 10,000 didn't sell out either which is why I never posted those in the Concert thread I made. Lack of promotion and missed opportunities is the main focus of this conversation. Those shows should've sold out. Y'all trying to say the festival wouldn't of helped and i'm saying it would've. I ain't in no way turning on Janet and never will but the truth is the truth. 90% is still good but they still should've been sold out. 

Edited by JoeJoe
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's not discrediting it's the truth. Yes I was posting those because they were sold out. I was bragging about her selling out Arenas cause she was. You obviously aren't getting what i'm saying when I said the festival was a missed opportunity. Had she done it i'm sure ALL of her dates on the first leg would've been sold out and not just 90%. Some of the shows that were under 10,000 didn't sell out either which is why I never posted those in the Concert thread I made. Lack of promotion and missed opportunities is the main focus of this conversation. Those shows should've sold out. Y'all trying to say the festival wouldn't of helped and i'm saying it would've. I ain't in no way turning on Janet and never will but the truth is the truth. 90% is still good but they still should've been sold out. 

Yall want too much too soon. It was a blessing and somewhat a miracle that her ticket sales were good for this tour becus after the Rock witchu Tour mess...i didnt think Janet could do arenas no more.. I still blamed the SB for the decline of interest in her at that time. She was still tryna rebuild her credibility during that stage of her career. And on top of that...there was not alot of promo for the tour either... But she and her team got smart with doing small venues for her next tour to kind of rebuild interest from the public as a performer. Had she not did that with the #1s tour...i dnt know what this tour would have done.. so I was kind of shock it was doin so well but I understood why considering all things. You want ALL shows to be 100% sellout. Meanwhile I was grateful that she was doin 80% and above (which is still considered sold out). Cus it didnt have to happen for her...

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 3

Yall want too much too soon. It was a blessing and somewhat a miracle that her ticket sales were good for this tour becus after the Rock witchu Tour mess...i didnt think Janet could do arenas no more.. I still blamed the SB for the decline of interest in her at that time. She was still tryna rebuild her credibility during that stage of her career. And on top of that...there was not alot of promo for the tour either... But she and her team got smart with doing small venues for her next tour to kind of rebuild interest from the public as a performer. Had she not did that with the #1s tour...i dnt know what this tour would have done.. so I was kind of shock it was doin so well but I understood why considering all things. You want ALL shows to be 100% sellout. Meanwhile I was grateful that she was doin 80% and above (which is still considered sold out). Cus it didnt have to happen for her...

good attitude there.....I will say Janet's show in Grand Rapids the 1st US date of Unbreakable was as I thought about 85% sold out....I could tell from the filling out sorta speak. I just hate the one thing Janet had coming was support from folks that had stopped, I noticed people that were just casual fans that were coming out.....I wish this tour had not gotten derailed. Janet is a legitimate touring act and she can do arenas but the execution went wrong somewhere.

• Upvote 3

good attitude there.....I will say Janet's show in Grand Rapids the 1st US date of Unbreakable was as I thought about 85% sold out....I could tell from the filling out sorta speak. I just hate the one thing Janet had coming was support from folks that had stopped, I noticed people that were just casual fans that were coming out.....I wish this tour had not gotten derailed. Janet is a legitimate touring act and she can do arenas but the execution went wrong somewhere.

Exactly.