iHeart Festival after the pregnancy?

feehgarcia

Janet is not doing iHeart & I highly doubt she's going back on tour after this baby is born. If she does anything it will be a while before we see her again. It probably will be to new music, especially since Jimmy is already talking about new music. Unbreakable is a done deal that wasn't capitalized on. Great album but reviving it a year and a half later seems very unlikely unless it's just a "Janet is back" tour with some Unbreakable songs. 

Also, promo is promo it has a purpose it's not for nothing. Acting as if it serves no purpose to defend Janet's lack of scheduling professionalism just makes you seem corny & dillusional because you don't want anyone to point out a flaw in Janet's business acumen. She has them. She is human, and she's made business mistakes. No matter how good or bad you think it can work in her favor. 

Janet is not doing iHeart & I highly doubt she's going back on tour after this baby is born. If she does anything it will be a while before we see her again. It probably will be to new music, especially since Jimmy is already talking about new music. Unbreakable is a done deal that wasn't capitalized on. Great album but reviving it a year and a half later seems very unlikely unless it's just a "Janet is back" tour with some Unbreakable songs. 

Also, promo is promo it has a purpose it's not for nothing. Acting as if it serves no purpose to defend Janet's lack of scheduling professionalism just makes you seem corny & dillusional because you don't want anyone to point out a flaw in Janet's business acumen. She has them. She is human, and she's made business mistakes. No matter how good or bad you think it can work in her favor. 

Using words like "highly doubt" makes it seem as though your opinion means more than Janet's.

2014: "I highly doubt Janet's going to release an album"

2015: "I highly doubt Janet's sick.. She's just lazy"

2016: "I highly doubt Janet is pregnant"

Jimmy said new music is possible if Janet feels like it

The purpose of promotion is to sell what that person or business is selling. Yet Janet somehow worked around that and still shitted on the competition.

Lol wtf is "lack of scheduling professionalism"? She canceled on iHeartRadio.. End of story.. iHR isn't even THAT popular.. Again.. Only a few people on the list of names I posted can go #1 AND tour.. NONE of them can have a #1 album without promotion though :coffee: 

• Upvote 2

We understand promo is promo but when u start acting as if iHeart was gonna sell out her tour 100% ...thats wishful thinking and holds no base of truth. It cant be proven but realistically...iHeart could have only done so much. Yall act like iHeart was gonna carry this era for her single handedly. Janet needed wayyy more than iHeart to achieve some of the things yall wantd to see successwise. My opinion is iHeart did not make or break her. #1album...successful tour. 

• Upvote 1

Yall want too much too soon. It was a blessing and somewhat a miracle that her ticket sales were good for this tour becus after the Rock witchu Tour mess...i didnt think Janet could do arenas no more.. I still blamed the SB for the decline of interest in her at that time. She was still tryna rebuild her credibility during that stage of her career. And on top of that...there was not alot of promo for the tour either... But she and her team got smart with doing small venues for her next tour to kind of rebuild interest from the public as a performer. Had she not did that with the #1s tour...i dnt know what this tour would have done.. so I was kind of shock it was doin so well but I understood why considering all things. You want ALL shows to be 100% sellout. Meanwhile I was grateful that she was doin 80% and above (which is still considered sold out). Cus it didnt have to happen for her...

You think her tour would've sold out if she went on tour after the SB? I actually think it would. Especially overseas since they didn't care about that nonsense.

Using words like "highly doubt" makes it seem as though your opinion means more than Janet's.

2014: "I highly doubt Janet's going to release an album"

2015: "I highly doubt Janet's sick.. She's just lazy"

2016: "I highly doubt Janet is pregnant"

Jimmy said new music is possible if Janet feels like it

No it does not mean my opinion is more than her word it means I'm trusting her actions more than her words. Stop quoting things that had nothing to do with what I said because they are not my words and they were not my quotes or opinion. If she tours in 2017 then she will disprove the logical and very warranted doubt. 

Also, no one can say what the promo will or won't do. It all comes down to the fact that most feel some was better than none. You all are unnecessarily defensive some times. It seems cultish. 

No it does not mean my opinion is more than her word it means I'm trusting her actions more than her words. Stop quoting things that had nothing to do with what I said because they are not my words and they were not my quotes or opinion. If she tours in 2017 then she will disprove the logical and very warranted doubt. 

Also, no one can say what the promo will or won't do. It all comes down to the fact that most feel some was better than none. You all are unnecessarily defensive some times. It seems cultish. 

I'm giving you examples of when people... "Fans" spread their unsourced and libelous opinions. Doesn't matter if you don't agree with them.. You sound like them. Instead of an album.. It's a tour. "I highly doubt Janet's going to release DB"

:lmao: @" Some is better than none". 

"Some training is better than non--oh you won the marathon? Well your fans wanted to see you train" <<<< the logic behind you fans who thinks Janet is obligated to promote something that went #1

It doesn't sound like I'm in a cult. It sounds like I have an understanding that Janet did not have to create a label, an album, & tour. That I'm not going to complain about things I cannot change. Janet knows what she's doing and as a consumer I couldn't be happier with what she's done. 

• Upvote 1

If you're referring to her tour then that's your problem. Her family >> you

Shut up! Her family didn't have shit to do with EVERY cancellation she made. You're fucking obsessed. She "lived through her mistakes" she's living through this one. She's human. She has bad scheduling professionalim. 

I'm giving you examples of when people... "Fans" spread their unsourced and libelous opinions. Doesn't matter if you don't agree with them.. You sound like them. Instead of an album.. It's a tour. "I highly doubt Janet's going to release DB"

:lmao: @" Some is better than none". 

"Some training is better than non--oh you won the marathon? Well your fans wanted to see you train" <<<< the logic behind you fans who thinks Janet is obligated to promote something that went #1

It doesn't sound like I'm in a cult. It sounds like I have an understanding that Janet did not have to create a label, an album, & tour. That I'm not going to complain about things I cannot change. Janet knows what she's doing and as a consumer I couldn't be happier with what she's done. 

It's not about complaining it's about discussion. You would be the "yes man" that Janet hates around her. You would be the obsessive weirdo who has nothing to say. Some promo is better than none, and regardless of it being a number one it still had potential. I'm sure for whatever her reasoning is she is fine. Honestly she didn't have to do anything but she did. She didn't have to show up to her concerts but SOMETIMES she didn't. Celebrities use excuses to protect their brand. She is no different. 

Janet did not have to promote. She did not have to do anything but being that she did having an opinion that is "keeping a conversation going" is not lesser than your praises. If everyone praised every action she made, with the rate of little bit she's doing there would be no need for this board. You come daily to refute every person who doesn't sound like they're worshipping her. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Shut up! Her family didn't have shit to do with EVERY cancellation she made. You're fucking obsessed. She "lived through her mistakes" she's living through this one. She's human. She has bad scheduling professionalim. 

I remember back in the day, because Ive been a die hard since 89, when Video Soul came on BET, Sherri Shepard said about the Janet show, "the show starts promptly at 9pm" the whole idea being Janet is the consummate professional. I tend to believe this era she wasn't as engaged or she had some other "things" happening that took her from that stage. Id like to believe Janet really wanted to deliver

• Upvote 4

I remember back in the day, because Ive been a die hard since 89, when Video Soul came on BET, Sherri Shepard said about the Janet show, "the show starts promptly at 9pm" the whole idea being Janet is the consummate professional. I tend to believe this era she wasn't as engaged or she had some other "things" happening that took her from that stage. Id like to believe Janet really wanted to deliver

I remember Sherri saying that too! Even when Janet was filming Poetic Justice John said that she was the first one there and the last to leave Tyler Perry said the same thing. Not saying that Janet doesn't care, but I do believe her priorities have shifted especially now being pregnant. For the longest time her career has been at the forefront. It going to be interesting how much we will get to see Janet after she has her little one. And if she decides to never tour again I will be sad as a fan but as a mother I would completely understand.  The ball is in her court.

• Upvote 1

I think Janet has always been a professional and Tyler Perry said the same thing for filming the movies. Nonetheless when it comes to concerts they overbook her or she can't fulfill the agreement whatever the case is. This also happened on the RWU tour which I'm sure it comes down to sales in SOME cases & they use other excuses to cover that. Even if there's other things going on it happened enough to have fans or concert goers apprehensive about buying a ticket.  

Shut up! Her family didn't have shit to do with EVERY cancellation she made. 

If you're referring to this era, yes.. Yes it has.. Starting with her surgery announcement, ending with her postponement due to starting a family. iFartRadio doesn't matter bc no one cares

It's not about complaining it's about discussion. You would be the "yes man" that Janet hates around her. You would be the obsessive weirdo who has nothing to say. Some promo is better than none, and regardless of it being a number one it still had potential. I'm sure for whatever her reasoning is she is fine. Honestly she didn't have to do anything but she did. She didn't have to show up to her concerts but SOMETIMES she didn't. Celebrities use excuses to protect their brand. She is no different. 

Janet did not have to promote. She did not have to do anything but being that she did having an opinion that is "keeping a conversation going" is not lesser than your praises. If everyone praised every action she made, with the rate of little bit she's doing there would be no need for this board. You come daily to refute every person who doesn't sound like they're worshipping her. 

:lmao: "it's not complaining..." Sounds like you're complaining. I'm not a "yes" man and I'm not going to go around knocking her down especially since she has fans like you to do it for me 

Potential for what exactly? :lmao: If this is about sales.. The sales game is over for anyone from the 90s and before. You need to realize that.. The sooner you realize that, the better. The only potential it had was a #1 album for the first time in album releases new chart history as well as being 1 of 3 artists to have a #1 album in 4 consecutive decades.. Anything outside of that for an independent artist is delusional and I'm a realist

I will defend the honour of the Queen daily... That's what fans do. I don't praise every action but I don't bitch at every opportunity.. no matter what my opinion is, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter. I enjoyed her album.. Not all of it but I don't go around the internet spewing hate and lies. 

There's already enough hatred going around. Why add more? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

just say to yourself "He just became a fan during the All For You era." He doesn't know her like the older generation does lol

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

We understand promo is promo but when u start acting as if iHeart was gonna sell out her tour 100% ...thats wishful thinking and holds no base of truth. It cant be proven but realistically...iHeart could have only done so much. Yall act like iHeart was gonna carry this era for her single handedly. Janet needed wayyy more than iHeart to achieve some of the things yall wantd to see successwise. My opinion is iHeart did not make or break her. #1album...successful tour. 

it may not have carried it but looking to the future every little bit a positive exposure will help. She had bumps along the way during this tour we can't put postponements this era all on her family planning. I did post a lot of empty arenas prior to her announcement. She will need to be seen and heard a lot to sell even a theatre at this point.  

it may not have carried it but looking to the future every little bit a positive exposure will help. She had bumps along the way during this tour we can't put postponements this era all on her family planning. I did post a lot of empty arenas prior to her announcement. She need to be seen and heard a lot to sell even a theatre at this point.  

You are reaching. Her name and her hardcore fanbase is enough to sell out theatres, yes...even "at this point". We're not talkin a mya or ciara level here. Janet DOES have a name in this business. 

• Upvote 1

time heals a lot of things, even after as much as Janet has been thru she's still a marketable artist especially as an entertainer on stage, I dont feel that she will have issues if her touring is managed well, book the right venues, charge appropriate prices per market and she will do well

• Upvote 2

it may not have carried it but looking to the future every little bit a positive exposure will help. She had bumps along the way during this tour we can't put postponements this era all on her family planning. I did post a lot of empty arenas prior to her announcement. She will need to be seen and heard a lot to sell even a theatre at this point.  

It was one arena... "A lot". :lmao: 

She only postponed a few dates before December

Right. Maybe if I were 40 like you. 

hey you missed out on some really fun times to be a Janet fan oh the stories I could tell and do tell :shifty:  like when she won Best Female Video for LWNDWY, Cher presented and Janet wasnt there to accept so Cher accepted on Janet's behalf....of course there was a shit load of shade in that because Madonna was up for the same award for "Cherish" and she lost while Cher smiled announcing Janet as the winner :wub: Now of course we didnt have Ipods and mp3 downloads muh shit was on cassette :filenails: 

Edited by Stealth
  • Upvote 2

Janet is over the industry, the only reason she continues is us (the fans) and making sure Momma Katherine is good$$$$!!!

Oh that last part makes zero sense, as Katherine is one of the designated benefactors of the MJ estate Katherine is set for life, she doesnt need a dime from Janet nor anyone else