Janet's film career

feehgarcia

So... Janet loves acting and just like her, I'd like to see more of that, especially on different genres, playing different characters and stuff. My dream is to see Janet on a Sci-fi-action-spy-horror films (like ALIEN, 007 or something).

Back in the 90s and 00s, we know she was offered big roles in major films! Imagine if she had played STORM or TRINITY? I would've love that... BUT, on the other hand, Janet has a history of letting things half done... This is not a shade, but imagine if Matrix had worked out with her... They filmed 3 movies, the same with X-Men! Would she have finished the series?

Maybe the reason why she didn't accepted those parts was because the contracts were already for more than one film and she didn't want to compromise like that. But, at the same time, if she had done it, would have been AMAZING for her career.

What you guys think about that? Will Janet act more, maybe after the baby?

NO MORE TYLER PERRY!
Don't let them, pls

@Game about your question... X-Men I'm not sure, it was more like a shot in the dark. FOX decided to make the movie to avoid losing the licensing rights over the Characters. But The Matrix I think it was planed to be a trilogy from the start.

Edited by feehgarcia
  • Upvote 1

I see her being more on the producing end, maybe funding projects that are good but just need a green light, like "Precious" needed Oprah's help apparently, as quiet as it was kept. I wish I could say I see Janet doing movies but at this point I dont know. I think if she had played Storm that would have been cool for us, but the issue that would have sucked is the general public wouldnt have seen past Janet Jackson the singer, with Halle that was way easier to do she wasnt anything but an actress

Edited by Stealth

If she does go back to acting, I'd hope it'd be for a completely different type of movie. I remember on the Seacrest Show in 04 she said she wanted to do an action movie. At her age though, I think it's now too late for her to get a leading role in an action movie :sigh:.

I don't think she'll ever do a movie as one of the lead roles again tbh. It's kind of a shame. While I'm happy Janet chose to do the VR tour over the Matrix movies (as the VR tour is Janet at her best), doing the Matrix probably would have helped her in the acting world. 

• Upvote 1

If she does go back to acting, I'd hope it'd be for a completely different type of movie. I remember on the Seacrest Show in 04 she said she wanted to do an action movie. At her age though, I think it's now too late for her to get a leading role in an action movie :sigh:.

I don't think she'll ever do a movie as one of the lead roles again tbh. It's kind of a shame. While I'm happy Janet chose to do the VR tour over the Matrix movies (as the VR tour is Janet at her best), doing the Matrix probably would have helped her in the acting world. 

Look at Dame Helen Mirren in "Red." -_- 

I feel like Janet was smart for turning both down. The Storm character in the movies was kind of universally panned, and the matrix sequels were not well received. Frankly I think Jan dodged a bullet (or stopped it with her mind in slow motion? -_-) 

• Upvote 1

I feel like Janet was smart for turning both down. The Storm character in the movies was kind of universally panned, and the matrix sequels were not well received. Frankly I think Jan dodged a bullet (or stopped it with her mind in slow motion? -_-) 

The X men fans would have been tougher on her than they are on Halle.  If she does do another film it should be one where she is unrecognizable.  Kind of like Charlize Theron in Monster.  I still see Janet it every role she has done and not the actual character she's playing.  That was the whole issue why Regina King got the Jerry Mcguire role over her.  She's need to do something completely out of the box.  If she gets permission I would like to see this.  :coffee:

Honestly, after the baby & new mother time off, I hope whatever it is she does -- she's 100% into it and focused on a finished outcome... This era had a little too much misdirection and turmoil for my taste... Though I don't begrudge her one bit for having a baby. Whatever she does next, hopefully it's not as messy as its been so far.

If it's producing TV movies/documentaries/film projects, I hope she's doing it mainly for her, and not just to please the fans, despite how strange that sounds...

• Upvote 2

Its pretty depressing but the best film of her last 3 roles id say

that's what I've heard.. I just couldn't bring myself to sit through another Tyler Perry play, err, I mean movie.. Tyler Perry seems like a nice, down-to-earth type of dude, but the majority of the acting, forced emotion and dialogue in his movies are straight-up torture for me to sit through...

Although I did get a kick out of the dinner table scene in the the first WDIGM movie... "BOOM!" ?????

that's what I've heard.. I just couldn't bring myself to sit through another Tyler Perry play, err, I mean movie.. Tyler Perry seems like a nice, down-to-earth type of dude, but the majority of the acting, forced emotion and dialogue in his movies are straight-up torture for me to sit through...

Although I did get a kick out of the dinner table scene in the the first WDIGM movie... "BOOM!" ?????

As a Black man I give props to those in film that can make things happen when so many talented Black actors and actresses are not working. Having said that, I hate Tyler Perry movies they are the most contrived dribble of shit you can sit thru, its coonery at its finest, I saw Tyler present at the Oscars and I thought thats cute he wont ever win one :filenails:

As a Black man I give props to those in film that can make things happen when so many talented Black actors and actresses are not working. Having said that, I hate Tyler Perry movies they are the most contrived dribble of shit you can sit thru, its coonery at its finest, I saw Tyler present at the Oscars and I thought thats cute he wont ever win one :filenails:

Ah, I see you concur! ???

His "films" are really terrible.. But I do and have always appreciated his friendship with Janet and how he's come to her defense in the past.

Don't get me wrong, he's a smart guy and seema to have a positive personality and all (I even thought his acting wasn't half bad in "Gone Girl"), but his movies are just the worst...

• Upvote 1

Ah, I see you concur! ???

His "films" are really terrible.. But I do and have always appreciated his friendship with Janet and how he's come to her defense in the past.

Don't get me wrong, he's a smart guy and seema to have a positive personality and all (I even thought his acting wasn't half bad in "Gone Girl"), but his movies are just the worst...

I forget he's in other movies like he was in Star Trek.....did you hear the actor that plays the new "Scottie" in Star Trek died in an accident? I saw that today so young 27

I forget he's in other movies like he was in Star Trek.....did you hear the actor that plays the new "Scottie" in Star Trek died in an accident? I saw that today so young 27

yea I saw that... 2016 needa kick back ?