Vocally OVERRATED

janetDAYZ

Xtina for sure 

You get a negative for that boo. No way in hell that girl is over rated. Have you hear all the vocals she can do? I don't think you have. Here's a clip of her best soft vocals and she sounds beautiful 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah8WoJJf2XM

:umm: u cant be serious 

Thank you! and I agree with you about Aretha. Patti will fuck her up anytime anyplace. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You get a negative for that boo. No way in hell that girl is over rated. Have you hear all the vocals she can do? I don't think you have. Here's a clip of her best soft vocals and she sounds beautiful 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah8WoJJf2XM

Thank you! and I agree with you about Aretha. Patti will fuck her up anytime anyplace. 

She just sounds like she's wailing and straining and to me that's not good singing. You get a -1 for my -1 :wave: 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Celine (just the whole "vocal trinity" thing, great voice indeed, but not worthy of sitting with Whitney or Mariah), Monica, Babyface, Trey thongz, Chris Brown, Omarion, & Both Justins

gag me. :rolleyes: 

*unzips* Gladly:wub::ph34r:

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 1

To be honest Celine belongs in the vocal trinity more than Mariah ..All that Mariah had going for her was her range...outside of that, i never seen the big hype about her voice. She's never done a run or any type of vocal acrobatics that floored me...ever. 

To be honest Celine belongs in the vocal trinity more than Mariah ..All that Mariah had going for her was her range...outside of that, i never seen the big hype about her voice. She's never done a run or any type of vocal acrobatics that floored me...ever. 

:umm: 

• Upvote 2

Nah, Ms. Line always been the Michelle of that trinity. nothing about her & her voice & body of work compares to the others, tis why you don't hear very many artists site her as the reason they're in the industry half as much as you do Whitney or Mariah these days. Doesn't mean she's not good, I mean being honest, the only thing worth her getting credit for in my opinion is being the only 1 of the trinity to take care of their voice & not suffer a vocal decline. 

• Upvote 2

And no I didn't watch the video. :coffee: I know she can sing but the thread is about who is OVERRATED (in all caps like that yes). And I think she is. "Voice of a generation" gag me. :rolleyes: 

of course you didn't watch the video cause to say she sounds like she's wailing was dumb when the video contained soft vocals lol. Who's the voice of the generation she's in then? Thought so.

The voice of her generation is NOT Xtina. Xtina just has the loudest voice of her generation  

Beyonce #NotSorry 

You should be, you really can't cut it down to her loudness, that's not why her voice gets the praise it gets, it's the versatility & range. In many ways she's vocally the daugher of Whitney & MC, but also comes with her own attributes, thus the praise she gets for it. I mean we all know Bey can sing and very well, but aside from stans NOBODY lists her with the likes of some of the biggest named vocalists in the world for a reason....:unsure:

To be the voice of a generation, don't you have to be somewhat popular? :unsure: 

Isn't that like saying Celine Dion is the voice of her generation? 

Which she was for her generation, and her popularity faded when new girls inspired by her hit the scene like it's always happened. Christina came in and got that attention & title during Whitney & Mariah's downfall, Whitney picked it up during Aretha's, and after Christina it took a minute to get a mainstream girl who could really sing but the torch has been passed.

Edited by jarrylf

You should be, you really can't cut it down to her loudness, that's not why her voice gets the praise it gets, it's the versatility & range as well. I mean we all know Bey can sing and very well, but aside from stans NOBODY lists her with the likes of some of the biggest named vocalists in the world for a reason....:unsure:

Which she was for her generation, and her popularity faded when new girls inspired by her hit the scene like it's always happened. Christina came in and got that attention & title during Whitney & Mariah's downfall, Whitney picked it up during Aretha's, and after Christina it took a minute to get a mainstream girl who could really sing but the torch has been passed.

So her generation is from 1999-2003? :unsure: bc that's when people started to ignore her and focus on Beyonce 

So her generation is from 1999-2003? :unsure: bc that's when people started to ignore her and focus on Beyonce 

Dear you got it so mixed up, Bey took the spotlight off J.Lo, not saying they're vocally at all, their music styles and single choices were very similar. You'd have a point if Bey presented herself and her singles as that vocalist, getting hit ballads more than hit dance songs, but no Bey got attention and is still more highly regarded for her dance songs and performances than her ballads. By those same guidelines your comparison is like saying Janet took the shine from Aretha. Jennifer Lopez marketed herself as the urban pop/R&B bombshell dance hit maker, and then in 2003 was snatched. And Christina was still releasing hit singles and selling decent numbers up until 2010, and though she markets herself as a entertainer, and does have the dance hits & is arguably toe to toe with Bey on choreography, she's known for the voice & the ballads....so no

Christina marketed herself as a vocalist, Bey marketed herself as a entertainer. 

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 1

You should be, you really can't cut it down to her loudness, that's not why her voice gets the praise it gets, it's the versatility & range. In many ways she's vocally the daugher of Whitney & MC, but also comes with her own attributes, thus the praise she gets for it. I mean we all know Bey can sing and very well, but aside from stans NOBODY lists her with the likes of some of the biggest named vocalists in the world for a reason....:unsure:

He is trippin'. Bey was never considered one of anybody's top vocalists and never will be.