UK votes to LEAVE Europe!!! Prime Minister resigns!!

bu.

Going abroad for some time is something I've always wanted to do just to see that there's more to life than home. 

I hope you realise that free movement might still have a strong possibility of not going anywhere if we're to strike a deal to trade in the single market? No one that trades in the single market has been able to negotiate a deal that doesn't include freedom of movement, as far as I'm aware. Not even Norway, and I use Norway as an example because mean people are saying we should have a similar deal to them. They still have freedom of movement. I'd be very surprised if we strike a deal that doesn't include it to some extent, even if it's capped with quotas. 

I'll admit I was against the addition of Bosnia, Bulgaria and Romania and other smaller new arrivals. I have said before that the EU needs to scale back to what it used to be and just have the big countries such as ourselves, Germany, France, Italy etc. The main ones. The eastern countries have dragged it down a little due to the poverty that they sadly face. 

I won't come round to it anytime soon - not until I know what deal is being offered. This uncertainty is nauseating. I know the £ is starting to recover but once Article 50 is triggered, I fear it's going to crash even more than it did last week, and this time for a much longer period. In the meantime, I'm making use of still beign in the EU by going on a working holiday next month :excited:

With great respect to Norway, a very lucrative rich country, the UK is a much bigger economy and market for the EU to have to negotiate with.  As has been said many times in the campaign, the EU nations need us more than we need them, as we import more than export. They have more to lose. The single market, although important is not vital. There are only 3 countries in the EU richer than Australia and they have already reached out for a trade deal. 

The problem we have in dealing with the EU is that they need to agree as 27 countries on a trade deal.  It just highlights how difficult it was being inside it. If they don't agree something with Britain, they l, especially Germany (EUs biggest economy) will lose out, so Britain is in a very good position, assuming we have a strong group at the negotiating table and not some weak remainer who still thinks we are better in the EU. 

I'm sorry.. But c'mon.. It's one thing to like it for its practical reason but do you honestly think the EU stopped you from, as we call it, "The American Dream"? As if the EU forced you to lose nationalism :lol: C'mon.. What kind of fantasy is this? I was waiting to read the "and we lived happily ever after". 

And I mean that in the sincerest way possible

The EU flag is on my driving license, not the Union Jack. I know that might not seem like a big deal, but it's the motivation behind it that's wrong.  A driving license is an ID. Nobody ever asked me if I wanted that, nor have I even been convinced it's better. 

With great respect to Norway, a very lucrative rich country, the UK is a much bigger economy and market for the EU to have to negotiate with.  As has been said many times in the campaign, the EU nations need us more than we need them, as we import more than export. They have more to lose. The single market, although important is not vital. There are only 3 countries in the EU richer than Australia and they have already reached out for a trade deal. 

The problem we have in dealing with the EU is that they need to agree as 27 countries on a trade deal.  It just highlights how difficult it was being inside it. If they don't agree something with Britain, they l, especially Germany (EUs biggest economy) will lose out, so Britain is in a very good position, assuming we have a strong group at the negotiating table and not some weak remainer who still thinks we are better in the EU. 

27 countries won't agree to us having no freedom of movement if a deal is made with them to otherwise they'd all want it. The deal negotiator would be one hell of a slick talker if he or she pulls off a deal without that. It's going to be interesting what happens.

The EU flag is on my driving license, not the Union Jack. I know that might not seem like a big deal, but it's the motivation behind it that's wrong.  A driving license is an ID. Nobody ever asked me if I wanted that, nor have I even been convinced it's better. 

And an ID is temporary... It shouldn't stop you from being Nationalist

And an ID is temporary... It shouldn't stop you from being Nationalist

It's symbolic. Drip by drip the EU has moved in on our soverienty. It starts with an EU flag on your driving license and Reg plate and goes further. This topped with the free movement of migrants. We could see what they are up to cause, its in our everyday life's and the majority of brits said we didn't want it. That's democracy. :)

27 countries won't agree to us having no freedom of movement if a deal is made with them to otherwise they'd all want it. The deal negotiator would be one hell of a slick talker if he or she pulls off a deal without that. It's going to be interesting what happens.

yes we can it's easy. As the 5th largest market in the world, we say to them you won't have access to our market unless you let go of free movement. The German car manufacturers are not going to allow Merkel to say no when they sell millions of cars to the UK market, the german economy would lose billions. We don't need the single market like they need our market cause the EU is protectionist. EU countries can't make separate deals with non-EU countries. But NOW Britain can. 

yes we can it's easy. As the 5th largest market in the world, we say to them you won't have access to our market unless you let go of free movement. The German car manufacturers are not going to allow Merkel to say no when they sell millions of cars to the UK market, the german economy would lose billions. We don't need the single market like they need our market cause the EU is protectionist. EU countries can't make separate deals with non-EU countries. But NOW Britain can. 

I doubt we'd have the guts to say that. We need Germany as much as they need us. They are our 2nd main "friend" in trading whilst we're their third. And Merkel is already warning that there's no deal without freedom of movement. Is she all talk? We can't make individual deals with single countries in the EU, can we?

I think Leavers are too ambitious in thinking Freedom of Movement will be completely non-existent. I don't think it's impossible - I just think it's extremely unlikely. I think I'm the end we'll still have it but with some sort of quota/cap. That would be a meet in the middle type compromise. I'll send nudes if I'm wrong. 

China is in the biggest continental market in the world and is most interested in the worlds biggest single market ie the EU. The U.K. won't be in the EU. China is cut throat and won't be that interested in trading with be UK and won't care about UK emotion either. Can we afford to lose or get underused by such a massive market? China is one of the main countries we export to. We're not even in their top 5. Aiming for that Norway/Switzerland type deal would be the easiest option and most beneficial. We need to remember that the last time we were a powerful country was when we were still an empire. 

Im beginning to think the EU will collapse within the next 20 years, anyway. Maybe even sooner. It was a great project and prevented wars with each other but they don't seem to want to reform and that's hindering them more than anything and is the main reason we've left. 

I doubt we'd have the guts to say that. We need Germany as much as they need us. They are our 2nd main "friend" in trading whilst we're their third. And Merkel is already warning that there's no deal without freedom of movement. Is she all talk? We can't make individual deals with single countries in the EU, can we?

I think Leavers are too ambitious in thinking Freedom of Movement will be completely non-existent. I don't think it's impossible - I just think it's extremely unlikely. I think I'm the end we'll still have it but with some sort of quota/cap. That would be a meet in the middle type compromise. I'll send nudes if I'm wrong. 

China is in the biggest continental market in the world and is most interested in the worlds biggest single market ie the EU. The U.K. won't be in the EU. China is cut throat and won't be that interested in trading with be UK and won't care about UK emotion either. Can we afford to lose or get underused by such a massive market? China is one of the main countries we export to. We're not even in their top 5. Aiming for that Norway/Switzerland type deal would be the easiest option and most beneficial. We need to remember that the last time we were a powerful country was when we were still an empire. 

Im beginning to think the EU will collapse within the next 20 years, anyway. Maybe even sooner. It was a great project and prevented wars with each other but they don't seem to want to reform and that's hindering them more than anything and is the main reason we've left. 

China has bilateral free trade agreements with: Chile, Peru, Pakistan, Thailand, Singapore, Switzerland, Australia, New Zealand, Costa rica, South Korea and more. All these countries are smaller than us.  

On the other hand, the EU can't even make a deal with India. It stalled last year. It took 7 years to make a deal with Canada which isn't even signed. 

China may want a deal with te EU but it can't agree one. It's not going to delay a much less complicated deal with the United Kingdom, because it can't reach one with the EU. 

What has the empire got to do with it? The UK has always been superpower and remains one today. You don't have colonise and "rule" the world to be powerful and influential. The days of colonisation is over. You need to get your head around this.  We are the 5th largest economy in the world that contines to influence in so many areas. Just because we are no longer an empire doesn't mean we can't punch above our weight and achieve things. I keep hearing we are too small to be powerful. Population size is also irrelevant. The UKs population was only 20 million at the height of the 2nd empire in 1800s.

Edited by Freexone1

China has bilateral free trade agreements with: Chile, Peru, Pakistan, Thailand, Singapore, Switzerland, Australia, New Zealand, Costa rica, South Korea and more. All these countries are smaller than us.  

On the other hand, the EU can't even make a deal with India. It stalled last year. It took 7 years to make a deal with Canada which is even signed. 

China may want a deal with te EU but it can't agree one. It's not going to delay a much less complicated deal with the United Kingdom, because it can't reach one with the EU. 

What has the empire got to do with it? The UK has always been superpower and remains one today. You don't have colonise and "rule" the world to be powerful and influential. The days of colonisation is over. You need to get your head around this.  We are the 5th largest economy in the world that contines to influence in so many areas. Just because we are no longer an empire doesn't mean we can't punch above our weight and achieve things. I keep hearing we are too small. Population size is also irrelevant. The UKs population was only 20 million at the height of the 2nd empire in 1800s.

pretty sure they were trying to put FoM on Canada too and that's why the deal took so long?

We're the 5th largest whilst in the EU. That could change now and I'm going to be sceptical until I see results 

I dont remember mentioning the Empire? I was going to but I'm sure I deleted it as I realised it was a mute point 

pretty sure they were trying to put FoM on Canada too and that's why the deal took so long?

We're the 5th largest whilst in the EU. That could change now and I'm going to be sceptical until I see results 

I dont remember mentioning the Empire? I was going to but I'm sure I deleted it as I realised it was a mute point 

the EU hasn't much to do with our GDP success. Britain has been jumping between 4th-6th largest economy for decades, and before we joined the EU. All that's changed is our share of the global gdp, which is less, and I believe is a consequence of being in the slow growth EU and not being allowed to make our own trade deals with the rest of globe (which thence increase our gdp, our share and our prosperity). 

It's symbolic. Drip by drip the EU has moved in on our soverienty. It starts with an EU flag on your driving license and Reg plate and goes further. This topped with the free movement of migrants. We could see what they are up to cause, its in our everyday life's and the majority of brits said we didn't want it. That's democracy. :)

No. It's identification.. Nothing more than a piece of plastic so they can Identify your body 

You still have a pointless queen that tax payers bay millions to sit on her ass due to decades of incest.. Not sure how you can use the word 'democracy'. I guess bc you voted

No. It's identification.. Nothing more than a piece of plastic so they can Identify your body 

You still have a pointless queen that tax payers bay millions to sit on her ass due to decades of incest.. Not sure how you can use the word 'democracy'. I guess bc you voted

where are you from? 

The Queen actually contributes about £1.15/$1.8billion to British economy a year and brings in a lot of tourism.

There is a difference between being IN the single market and having ACCESS to the single market. 

If they won't agree controls on movement of people then we say we will not be in the single market. We don't need to agree on the "freedoms" to have access to the market, much like the rest of the world's trade deals. 

There is a difference between being IN the single market and having ACCESS to the single market. 

If they won't agree controls on movement of people then we say we will not be in the single market. We don't need to agree on the "freedoms" to have access to the market, much like the rest of the world's trade deals. 

Ok but you didn't reply to my PM :rolleyes:

Don't justify her pointlessness with monetary value. Half of that is expenses 

'Merica

Right so, I'm going to take the American flag off your ID/driving license and put the Union Jack on it because I as a british bureacrat you never elected has now decided that many of your laws will again be decided by the british Parliament and oh, now all brits can come to America freely and claim off the American government and use your health service for free. 

^that's the EU. 

And regarding the Queen. She is not pointless. She still has the power to dissolve parliament in the case of a major crisis, ie. Like if there was a fascist dictator that got elected. You just don't know that cause she's never used those powers. The royal family is also a very useful tool for diplomacy and to maintain good relations with other countries. The queen is an exemplary figure head. 

Edited by Freexone1

Right so, I'm going to take the American flag off your ID/driving license and put the Union Jack on it because I as a british bureacrat you never elected has now decided that many of your laws will again be decided by the british Parliament and oh, now all brits can come to America freely and claim off the American government and use your health service for free. 

^that's the EU. 

And regarding the Queen. She is not pointless. She still has the power to dissolve parliament in the case of a major crisis, ie. Like if there was a fascist dictator that got elected. You just don't know that cause she's never used those powers. The royal family is also a very useful tool for diplomacy and to maintain good relations with other countries. The queen is an exemplary figure head. 

Do you think she should have done something during the MP's expenses scandal? That was a lot of corruption on behalf of all the MPs and I feel like not enough was done about it.