The 2016 BET Awards Thread - Ratings and Attendence UP from Last Year

1. Justin tried to reach out to Janet numerous times to apologize. Janet stated this herself. They may have eventually spoke...we dont know. The effort is being overlooked.

2. Justin released a statement back in 05/06? That society treats ethnic ppl unfairly, especially women. So that displays he is WOKE and aware of what this worldis made of. 

3.Reading too much into his response. Whats bizarre is....JT was APPLAUDING a man who was speaking for the injustice of black america but someone wanted to take that moment and make it a negative one and you all are supporting that? Ok.. thats backwards..but whatever 

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 3

He spoke out too late way after Janet had already got her ass handed to her and after his career took off after kissing the Grammys ass. Don't apologize way after the damage has already been done

We dont know WHEN he reached out. Janet never gave a specific time.on when he reached out. You make it sound like he reached out a decade later. When is the proper cut off time for an apology,again?

Edited by janetDAYZ

He reduced Jesse's speech to "we're all one race" which it wasn't about lol. Yes, we're all technically one but the message of Jesse's speech was for oppressed people(specifically black) to continue fighting and he also had a small bit about people wanting to consume and market black culture without caring about our lack of freedom even in 2016. Unless I'm unaware of JT's activist work, he hasn't actively supported BLM or used his platform to speak out against injustice so he's apart of the problem.

JT should've just kept it cute and ignored the person that rightfully called him out. Now he's retreating as the victim and displaying classic white fragility when he chose to go on the offense. 

I think Janet's over JT, she was more hurt by the public and the government/corporations trying to bury her. But I don't blame people for getting in JT's ass. I think music is universal but he does make R&B/soul/urban music and he stands on the shoulder of a lot of a genre created and pioneered by black people. He makes good music but his race has effected his marketability.

Edited by ontologicalummah
  • Upvote 3

1. Justin tried to reach out to Janet numerous times to apologize. Janet stated this herself. They may have eventually spoke...we dont know. The effort is being overlooked.

2. Justin released a statement back in 05/06? That society treats ethnic ppl unfairly, especially women. So that displays he is WOKE and aware of what this worldis made of. 

3.Reading too much into his response. Whats bizarre is....JT was APPLAUDING a man who was speaking for the injustice of black america but someone wanted to take that moment and make it a negative one and you all are supporting that? Ok.. thats backwards..but whatever 

Are you fucking kidding me.  Thats like Trump applauding a speech by Raul Castro on immigration issues.   What Jesse was speaking about is exactly what JT is guilty of.  He bleeds our culture yet he does not recognize us when we are the victims of this countries oppression.  He has not participated or given 2 shits about issues in the black community yet he has made his career off of everything that we have created.   The term ethnic people was dragged back then if you remember.  How is he woke saying ethnic people. He hasn't said shit regarding police killings and black lives matter.  Who the fuck cares if Janet did not reach back.  His ass can go on TV and apologize. You cant say you are inspired and then get mad when someone asked you what you are inspired to do.  Is he going to give back to a community that he has made his money off of.  Is he going to do something for black women.  That was all in the speech so how the fuck is he inspired.   If he was woke he would not have commented at all.  Jesse's speech was equivalent to black folks after watching the scene in Roots when Toby gets whipped.  You dont interject your white self into that convo at all.  

Edited by DasSad
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Are you fucking kidding me.  Thats like Trump applauding a speech by Raul Castro on immigration issues.   What Jesse was speaking about is exactly what JT is guilty of.  He bleeds our culture yet he does not recognize us when we are the victims of this countries oppression.  He has not participated or given 2 shits about issues in the black community yet he has made his career off of everything that we have created.   The term ethnic people was dragged back then if you remember.  How is he woke saying ethnic people. L

No.. JT is not like Trump.

No he doesnt steal black culture. He creates music with his black producers to crosses all borders. To assume all white people should stick to one genre and all black people to stick to Rap & R&B is pretty sad and would be a sad world to live in. Artists like JT should do what he or she pleases if it's working

Lawd.. "We are a nation with no geographic boundaries" 

As far as the BLM 'movement' I'm with President Obama

• Upvote 3

Unless I'm unaware of JT's activist work, he hasn't actively supported BLM or used his platform to speak out against injustice so he's apart of the problem.

Neither has President Obama and Janet Jackson but I guess if you don't support BLM, then that individual is apart of the problem somehow :blink: 

• Upvote 1

She literally said "all lives matter" tho. Where's the false outrage? Girl bye 

In complete darkness we are all the same... 

Technically she said "every" :shifty:. There can't be an outrage over a lyric not many have heard :coffee:

I think people take more of an issue with ALM when it's a white person saying it. "All Lives Matter" is and will always be wrong coming from a white person because we know when shit hits the fan, their life will mean more. 

Yes - in complete darkness we are all the same. Now go tell that to people who have suffered as a result of white privilege and to white people who exert their privilege every day. 

All lives should matter. All lives don't matter, right now. 

Edited by Dammn Bu
  • Upvote 1

Janet singing "every life matters" in a song that references Palestinian oppression by the Zionist entity isn't the same as racist whites and JT saying #ALLLIVESMATTER to take the focus off of black pain and suffering. Janet will never sit down for an interview but I'm sure her saying that wasn't a diss to #BLM and if it was Janet is also of class where she doesn't experience the worst effects of structural racism against black people in America.

Janet also sang "because of my race I've heard no too many times. Because of my gender I've heard no too many... African-American woman I stand tall with pride." She also chose Chuck D for that song who was known for his politics with Public Enemy and is today's equivalent of Kendrick. Her lyrics about us all being the same is the truth. Yes there's one human race but that doesn't mean that structural racism doesn't exist and that work needs to be done to address it. You can't end the conversation with that, you need to work to build a world wear the color of man or woman's skin doesn't determine things like their life expectancy, imprisonment, etc

I don't respect obama for various reasons (drone strikes that kill civilians, record number of deportations etc.

Janet hasn't spoken out about #BLM directly but she's supported black causes and spoke about race. The black struggle predates #BLM and JT wasn't speaking out against racism before or after. Don't pretend that Janet & JT are on the same level when it comes to social activism. 

He should've listened to the speech and digested instead he took the bait and is rightfully being dragged. 

Edited by ontologicalummah
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Janet said ALM (Every*) in a song. That's her position on it whether you like it or not. She knew what she was saying despite the song being about Palentinian oppression  

Im sorry you feel that way towards the best President we've ever encountered in our lifetime (last 50 years)

Technically she said "every" :shifty:. There can't be an outrage over a lyric not many have heard :coffee:

I think people take more of an issue with ALM when it's a white person saying it. "All Lives Matter" is and will always be wrong coming from a white person because we know when shit hits the fan, their life will mean more. 

Yes - in complete darkness we are all the same. Now go tell that to people who have suffered as a result of white privilege and to white people who exert their privilege every day. 

All lives should matter. All lives don't matter, right now. 

All = Every... Same difference. Shade at the rest

Im not sure what your implying with your made-up scenario... But sure

No.. That's not my place to tell. I am not the Ambassador of Black people. 

Every life matters to me 

Janet said ALM (Every*) in a song. That's her position on it whether you like it or not. She knew what she was saying despite the song being about Palentinian oppression  

Im sorry you feel that way towards the best President we've ever encountered in our lifetime (last 50 years)

Every life matters to me 

History shows it's not a made-up scenario

Every life matters to you. But not to everybody - sadly. 

• Upvote 1

Every life matters to me 

The phrase All lives matter was coined by some jackass trying to take away from the BLM hashtag when it started.  Her album was done before that phrase even started Janet saying that is not the same difference.  All lives do not matter and are not equal in this country or all over the world. 

We dont know WHEN he reached out. Janet never gave a specific time.on when he reached out. You make it sound like he reached out a decade later. When is the proper cut off time for an apology,again?

Yeah we pretty much have an idea that he reached out too late if Janet didn't even wanna answer his calls. It's not like a day or 2 later when he tried to call. Justin for weeks after the incident kept pushing all of the blame on Janet when questioned about the incident. So obviously it wasn't soon enough. 

The phrase All lives matter was coined by some jackass trying to take away from the BLM hashtag when it started.  Her album was done before that phrase even started Janet saying that is not the same difference.  All lives do not matter and are not equal in this country or all over the world. 

FALSE.. The BLM originated in 2013 according to its Wiki page. 

Janet said "every life matters" = a swing at the BLM "movement".

Sorry you feel that all lives don't matter. I know there are people out there who feel the same way but I cannot.