The 2016 BET Awards Thread - Ratings and Attendence UP from Last Year

R&B?

Justin makes pop music

Thank you! 

And even if he did make actual R&B, like Robin Thicke for the majority of his career... And???? Like, unless you're Iggy Azalea, we are beyond that. What's beautiful is how genres have cross germinated and anyone can do whatever they want. As long as they're not phony, if they're not exploitative. I don't think Justin ever did "black music" and claimed he invented it. Like, Adele is singing soul, no one's coming for her? 

Pick your fuckin battles man. 

• Upvote 3

Thank you! 

And even if he did make actual R&B, like Robin Thicke for the majority of his career... And???? Like, unless you're Iggy Azalea, we are beyond that. What's beautiful is how genres have cross germinated and anyone can do whatever they want. As long as they're not phony, if they're not exploitative. I don't think Justin ever did "black music" and claimed he invented it. Like, Adele is singing soul, no one's coming for her? 

Pick your fuckin battles man. 

I've seen people come for her saying if India Arie or Jill sung Someone Like You, it'd be ignored :unsure:

I've seen people come for her saying if India Arie or Jill sung Someone Like You, it'd be ignored :unsure:

But they didn't. :unsure: 

Adele wrote that song based on her own life and it connected with... Literally everyone. There's been a lot of white "soul" girls. Why did Adele connect? Why did Adele break through? Maybe cus she's actually really fucking good. I ain't never heard something as poignant as "someone like you" by Jill Scott or India Arie... If you have the receipts I wanna see. :coffee: 

Like, to make a song that GUTS you, every time you hear it. To the point where, you're getting lunch and it's on and you're like I don't need this right now. :umm: That was me, and that was a lot of people. What Jill or India song had that impact but was overlooked? Truly I want to know. 

• Upvote 1

But they didn't. :unsure: 

Adele wrote that song based on her own life and it connected with... Literally everyone. There's been a lot of white "soul" girls. Why did Adele connect? Why did Adele break through? Maybe cus she's actually really fucking good. I ain't never heard something as poignant as "someone like you" by Jill Scott or India Arie... If you have the receipts I wanna see. :coffee: 

Like, to make a song that GUTS you, every time you hear it. To the point where, you're getting lunch and it's on and you're like I don't need this right now. :umm: That was me, and that was a lot of people. What Jill or India song had that impact but was overlooked? Truly I want to know. 

What does pregnant as someone like you mean? :unsure:

OOOP!. Tug a little! Don't shoot the messenger though >_<. I'm just sharing what some people on here have said before about Adele. I have heard some gut wrenching songs by India Arie tbh. This Too Shall Pass always makes me emotional although it wasn't a single. I like Jill Scott but I found her harder to get into like that. 

What does pregnant as someone like you mean? :unsure:

OOOP!. Tug a little! Don't shoot the messenger though >_<. I'm just sharing what some people on here have said before about Adele. I have heard some gut wrenching songs by India Arie tbh. This Too Shall Pass always makes me emotional although it wasn't a single. I like Jill Scott but I found her harder to get into like that. 

You are a misogynist. :rolleyes: 

Bu, save the switch hitting for the bedroom. :shifty: I wanna see you covering all bases with your bootyhole waving in the air. -_- Moist, catching a breeze, ready to catch this dick. -_- 

You are a misogynist. :rolleyes: 

Bu, save the switch hitting for the bedroom. :shifty: I wanna see you covering all bases with your bootyhole waving in the air. -_- Moist, catching a breeze, ready to catch this dick. -_- 

How? :umm:

You can't talk like that when its 2.20am and I'm horny as fuck texting the guy I'm dating. 

How? :umm:

You can't talk like that when its 2.20am and I'm horny as fuck texting the guy I'm dating. 

Let him fill you up. Just know the roc got what you need. -_- 

Actually I have a boyfriend so. It's all flirtatious  talk. But would I fuck you? Yes. To hear that accent, moaning, whimpering, hear you just lose your shit (not literally :umm: ) as I pound that prostate. YES. One can fantasize. In the meantime stop hating women. :coffee: 

image_zpsuvdqgo0n.gif

:shifty: 

Let him fill you up. Just know the roc got what you need. -_- 

Actually I have a boyfriend so. It's all flirtatious  talk. But would I fuck you? Yes. To hear that accent, moaning, whimpering, hear you just lose your shit (not literally :umm: ) as I pound that prostate. YES. One can fantasize. In the meantime stop hating women. :coffee: 

send me a face pic now.

I don't hate women. 

For starters, Jilly from Philly got spoken word songs that move me more than Adele has, and I say that as a Adele fan, what she has over India & Jill is more of a platform, AND she really isn't a R&B artist, she's a pop artist not because of her color but because of her music, where if Jill & India were white, and released the songs they did, they'd be like Joss Stone still R&B but not popular in the pop world, also what benefits Adele is her promotion, granted it's not like these Bey's & Rihs & other chicks, she's not selling boxed hair color that she's not using, but her promotion for her music is ridiculously good, and it plays a role in her success. (and for specific Jill songs I'd pick over Adele's discog, You Don't Know, A Long Walk, He Loves Me, Cross my Mind, My Love) Jill scott isn't a Adele because she doesn't get pop music promotion, and it's CLEARLY her choice, she caters to R&B music, and does it proudly, the way country artists do, the way rock artists do, Adele is pop artist, and happens to have a soulful voice with it, nobody's giving her R&B beats or arrangements really

2ndly.......Roc tops now?!!?!?!?!!?! Well he is equipt for it I can testify so it makes sense...

3rdly Bu, I told you bout putting our business out here, I'ma be right over to "discuss" this with you in private

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 1

Jarryl just admitted that Adele is a pop artist therefore JT is a pop artist 

Um......I've been shutting down people calling him a R&B artist since his 1st album....that aint news or a admission, if anything it kind of goes to the point aobut HIM (not her)  appropriating she's not rapping in her songs nor is she being produced primarily by hip hop & R&B producers & working primarily with hip hop & R&B artists, they are 2 VERY different artists who don't fit being compared really. 

Um......I've been shutting down people calling him a R&B artist since his 1st album....that aint news or a admission, if anything it kind of goes to the point aobut HIM (not her)  appropriating she's not rapping in her songs nor is she being produced primarily by hip hop & R&B producers & working primarily with hip hop & R&B artists, they are 2 VERY different artists who don't fit being compared really. 

No but they both make pop music.. Justin started heavily in R&B but after "Justified" he definitely turned to pop. He has friends in high places including Drake, Jay-Z, Pharrell, and his boyfriend Timberland 

it's hard to compare them bc one is British and the other is American.. Two different up-bringings. Idk JT's life story but I know he's always had an eye for hip-Hop growing up in Tennessee as a choir boy for his baptist church 

Edited by Game