Janet noted in epic JT Twitter dragging

Lastly, in this society it's fair to have some one walking around making money off "appealing to the urban market" yet not directly align themselves with the issues of that market they are "entertaining". Someone asked about MJ & Janet making other music beyond "black cultured music" and that being fine - well - MJ & Janet has also stood along side multiple plights of those cultures through charity work & raising awareness to diverse struggles. From women's rights to HIV to education to war to Islamic torture of girls and children and the list goes on..where was Justin when Black Lives Matter was marching in the streets? Oh, at home "inspired". 

Janet said "every life matters" soooo where was she? Are you going to criticize her for not standing up for poor black Americans? :unsure: No? Then why hold JT to that standard? Bc he hasn't released a song dedicated to black America? And if he did release a song expressing his concerns, how do you think any of you would take it? The same way you're taking a tweet? 

• Upvote 1

He's always been a fan of MJ and Janet. Has said so in several interviews. That was apparent before and after MJ's self-demise. Like Ms Jackson... Who didn't say a peep when Prince killed himself, why so angry at JT? 

I'm no angry at him. I actually don't think he's all that bad. But he's a flake and out of touch with reality.

Who wouldn't fight for their career especially if you're making 6-figures+ :umm: 

All he said was "he agreed" on social media.. It's better than him not agreeing or not saying anything at all. He's an ally but some people are treating him like Hitler or Trump.. As if he said the N-word or something. If this is about Janet.. Then shame on anyone for dragging it out of the woodworks. No one cares about the Super Bowl or how he reacted at that age of his career  

And he's not stealing "black culture" (whatever that means). He uses black producers/writers on 90% of this music. Close Friends to be exact since he's been using the same producers since day 1 of his solo career. 

Can we define "black culture"? Is that rapping or pants sagging? Singing about bitches, cars, and money? What is "black culture" to you? 

Anyone would fight for their career but if that is your way of doing things dont sit there and tweet like you're fucking Malcolm, X knowing that you would sell your soul to stay relevant over fighting for something.  That is who JT is and he was called out on his bullshit.  You cant agree with the speech that was given and then not act.  Like Jesse said if you are not apart of the solution SIT DOWN.  This has everything to do with the Super Bowl because in the speech Jesse said we have to do better for our black women.  That is how Janet's name came up when JT said he was inspired.   If he is not stealing from black culture where exactly is he getting his ideas from?  Elvis?  He had to go to fucking boot camp to learn how to dance on time.  If you remember he spoke with a southern accent like a fucking retard and then when he went solo he started sounding like Eazy fucking E.   Black culture is authenticity.  Period.  It took this long for folks to realize blacks create jack daniels. but have received no profit from it.  We have been doing peoples homework for centuries watching others turn in our work to the teacher to get all the credit.  

• Upvote 1

We all can define Asian culture and Mexican culture.. Still waiting on that definition for "black culture" and examples of how JT is stealing it and how he's not just being himself (a white boy with heavy influence from the black community)

He shouldn't have been called out in the first place and he shouldn't have replied to random internet trolls

Help me understand, are you saying black people have no culture or that it's the same as white or the same as all America? Like I'm not getting how "we all can define Asian & Mexican culture" but we "all can't" define black culture and that you'd need examples to begin with and how JT who has been using elements of black culture throughout his entire career, rather or not it's authentic because it's where he came from isn't the point, it's the fact that he does it (like most do) and spoke up about supporting a BLM activist, and then when called out for it, he tried to clap back....like he knows what he's talking about, thus exposing he doesn't. 

Um....he's a celebrity EVERY single thing he ever will post will garner a response, that's the name of the game, he fucked himself up with responding, HIS fault, he gave someone else the spotlight to gather him. He's not the 1st white celeb who's probably been told something along those lines, there's no excuse. He's a public figure he has those for & against him.

Janet said "every life matters" soooo where was she? Are you going to criticize her for not standing up for poor black Americans? :unsure: No? Then why hold JT to that standard? Bc he hasn't released a song dedicated to black America? And if he did release a song expressing his concerns, how do you think any of you would take it? The same way you're taking a tweet? 

Sorry but no Janet doesn't get a pass just because of her music it's because she's spoken for and been there for black causes throughout her career. JT doing a likely shitty song about BLM likely wouldn't impress me much but him showing up to & supporting events that help urban kids, help educate them and help inspire them, THAT is the difference, that's how when someone comes at you with what the person said on Twitter to him you shut it down. 

(and not all that she's done has a photo receipt, but she's made it known that she's always been doing this, hell she said on Tyra her 1st "tour" was when she was 16 and going to inner city schools and performing for & speaking to them)

1445579.jpg

• Upvote 1

Help me understand, are you saying black people have no culture or that it's the same as white or the same as all America? Like I'm not getting how "we all can define Asian & Mexican culture" but we "all can't" define black culture and that you'd need examples to begin with and how JT who has been using elements of black culture throughout his entire career, rather or not it's authentic because it's where he came from isn't the point, it's the fact that he does it (like most do) and spoke up about supporting a BLM activist, and then when called out for it, he tried to clap back....like he knows what he's talking about, thus exposing he doesn't. 

Um....he's a celebrity EVERY single thing he ever will post will garner a response, that's the name of the game, he fucked himself up with responding, HIS fault, he gave someone else the spotlight to gather him. He's not the 1st white celeb who's probably been told something along those lines, there's no excuse. He's a public figure he has those for & against him.

I'm asking what is "black culture" [to you] and how is Justin Timberlake stealing it? I'm not saying black Americans have no culture. That's ignorance. I don't think he supported "ALM".. He said "Oh, you sweet soul. The more you realize that we are the same we can have a conversation" :blink: 

There is NOTHING wrong with that response  if Beyonce said the same thing, no one would say anything. The troll was clearly trolling JT for being JT. Shame on JT for replying but  he did apologized for responding faster than his call to Janet :shifty: 

We dont kno what Justin has done for the black commumity. Just becus we dont have a photo of it doesnt mean it hasnt happened. Alot of celebs contribute quietly without the publicity of them doing a good deed, i actually find that way as being more authenic tbh. You dont need tje lights and cameras to go out and help a suffering community. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Anyone would fight for their career

And you're done. You agreed then started talking out your ass. "Tweet like he's Malcolm X?" He agreed with the speech and said we're all the same (biology.. Not equality).

Is this what it's all about. He obviously didn't mean it as "we're all created equal"... He's not blind.. He meant that we are all human beings just like dogs are all dogs. There's different kinda of dogs but they're still dogs.. If you thought other than that then that's your problem 

:lmao: wow

He was okay up until he replied to that comment. For him to say that right after praising Jesse William's speech should raise some flags because it shows he either missed the point of the speech or ignored it (seems to be the former). 

He was misunderstood. People with too much hate in their hearts thought that he meant "ALM" but he really meant "we are all one race on a giant rock hurling through space".. Obviously 

• Downvote 1

I'm asking what is "black culture" [to you] and how is Justin Timberlake stealing it? I'm not saying black Americans have no culture. That's ignorance. I don't think he supported "ALM".. He said "Oh, you sweet soul. The more you realize that we are the same we can have a conversation" :blink: 

There is NOTHING wrong with that response  if Beyonce said the same thing, no one would say anything. The troll was clearly trolling JT for being JT. Shame on JT for replying but  he did apologized for responding faster than his call to Janet :shifty: 

The same thing all the other cultues have, the way we talk, dress, walk, sing dance,  each culture has. And for him the way he's dressed for most the early years of his music career, the phrases he's been using in his music throught his career has mostly been slang even in pop songs.  And I already answered that, but for a recap the way people talk, sing, dance, walk, the whole "swag" thing. But that's how you interpreted, if we're going off of what was said and how it was presented, it breeds ALM to a BLM speech, you really can't say what he actually meant because HE didn't say what he actually meant. I'm judging off of what he gave,and that's that. And You know damn well Bey wouldn't get off sky free from that. But the important part....you said shame on him for responding, because truly that's the dumbest thing he did regardless of how anyone feels or interpret what he said. We all use & borrow from other cultures but with celebrities it's different, they have influence over others to start trends and make change.

And about the picture thing, if he's donating in silence, that's still not the point, the point is publically speaking on problems to bring awareness to the problem, the money's cute but bringing problems to the light is more beneficial. Again there's not photo evidence of everytime Janet's spoken to a group of kids or spoke out for them, but we all here know SHE HAS, she's talked about it and so has her team

The same thing all the other cultues have, the way we talk, dress, walk, sing dance,  each culture has. And for him the way he's dressed for most the early years of his music career, the phrases he's been using in his music throught his career has mostly been slang even in pop songs.  And I already answered that, but for a recap the way people talk, sing, dance, walk, the whole "swag" thing. But that's how you interpreted, if we're going off of what was said and how it was presented, it breeds ALM to a BLM speech, you really can't say what he actually meant because HE didn't say what he actually meant. I'm judging off of what he gave,and that's that. And You know damn well Bey wouldn't get off sky free from that. But the important part....you said shame on him for responding, because truly that's the dumbest thing he did regardless of how anyone feels or interpret what he said. We all use & borrow from other cultures but with celebrities it's different, they have influence over others to start trends and make change.
And about the picture thing, if he's donating in silence, that's still not the point, the point is publically speaking on problems to bring awareness to the problem, the money's cute but bringing problems to the light is more beneficial. Again there's not photo evidence of everytime Janet's spoken to a group of kids or spoke out for them, but we all here know SHE HAS, she's talked about it and so has her team

That's not what he meant. It's not something he would say.. If you ignore his true meaning behind the tweet then you are creating your own truth.. Ultimately creating your own false "anger"

Anyone doing something is better than not doing anything :umm: To expect Justin to be the spokesperson or ambassador for white Americans is redic.  

Edited by Game

He was misunderstood. People with too much hate in their hearts thought that he meant "ALM" but he really meant "we are all one race on a giant rock hurling through space".. Obviously 

It's obvious what he meant; his comment wasn't exactly profound or revolutionary. He was not well articulated and it doesn't take a SJW to see why some would take his comment the wrong way. 

That's not what he meant. It's not something he would say.. If you ignore his true meaning behind the tweet then you are creating your own truth.. Ultimately creating your own false "anger"

Anyone doing something is better than not doing anything :umm: To expect Justin to be the spokesperson or ambassador for white Americans is redic.  

But it can be argued that because he didn't specify his true meanings who's to say what they were besides the man himself 1 way or another. I take the words for what they are given as, even if I'm a fan, I'm not trying to create the truth I like or the truth I don't, I take the words for what they are, and know they can be expanded on, and with that...he deserved the dragging

Oh definitely it's better than doing nothing, but 1 can ALWAYS do more. And nobody said (or wants in my case, ew) him to be the ambassador, its something alot of pop artsts who genre jump between pop, hip hop & R&B could do, not.just.him But he's the 1 who we're discussing. Hell there's black artists who could probably stand to do the same. But we're talking about him because he responded to the bait.

But it can be argued that because he didn't specify his true meanings who's to say what they were besides the man himself 1 way or another. I take the words for what they are given as, even if I'm a fan, I'm not trying to create the truth I like or the truth I don't, I take the words for what they are, and know they can be expanded on, and with that...he deserved the dragging
Oh definitely it's better than doing nothing, but 1 can ALWAYS do more. And nobody said (or wants in my case, ew) him to be the ambassador, its something alot of pop artsts who genre jump between pop, hip hop & R&B could do, not.just.him But he's the 1 who we're discussing. Hell there's black artists who could probably stand to do the same. But we're talking about him because he responded to the bait.

It can be argued but for what reason? To get upset over a celebrity who has supported the black community (ignoring 2004) bc you don't like him for some petty reason? Get over it people. Don't pick battles with people on your side. Don't make shit up.. It makes the "movement" look silly and petty. 

This is the issue with the BLM "movement". There's no actual movement. Just loud people on their smartphones or in the streets 

It can be argued but for what reason? To get upset over a celebrity who has supported the black community (ignoring 2004) bc you don't like him for some petty reason? Get over it people. Don't pick battles with people on your side. Don't make shit up.. It makes the "movement" look silly and petty. 

This is the issue with the BLM "movement". There's no actual movement. Just loud people on their smartphones or in the streets 

Because that reason seemed more likely than what you're saying he "meant", I don't know what he "meant", I know what he said, I can take what he could've possibly meant into consideration. That he just didn't know what he was saying and how to say it right.

Bringing attention to a injustice that's gone on unnoticed for far too long. I don't agree with all their approaches but I like that they're doing something and they're getting attention, they could do ALOT better, but they're fucking in these streets working for change. I love the way President Elect Clinton debated them down, but also still they're trying, trying to save lives of beautiful people that have been ignored...

Exactly.... So it's his own fault that he was "misunderstood". :rolleyes:

he has a 140 character limitation. It's you're fault for jumping to conclusions 

Because that reason seemed more likely than what you're saying he "meant", I don't know what he "meant", I know what he said, I can take what he could've possibly meant into consideration. That he just didn't know what he was saying and how to say it right.

Bringing attention to a injustice that's gone on unnoticed for far too long. I don't agree with all their approaches but I like that they're doing something and they're getting attention, they could do ALOT better, but they're fucking in these streets working for change. I love the way President Elect Clinton debated them down, but also still they're trying, trying to save lives of beautiful people that have been ignored...

Not really... If you think he would mean BLM then you don't know JT. And it says a lot about what x think of him. How about we wait until he explains what he meant before jumping to conclusions 

I think they have the right message.. They just need to go about it better... The Equal Rights movement had tons of publicity by doing sit-ins, sit downs, matching in drones, one powerful voice instead of thousands of little voices 

Not really... If you think he would mean BLM then you don't know JT. And it says a lot about what x think of him. How about we wait until he explains what he meant before jumping to conclusions 

I think they have the right message.. They just need to go about it better... The Equal Rights movement had tons of publicity by doing sit-ins, sit downs, matching in drones, one powerful voice instead of thousands of little voices 

.........but the initial tweet was in support of a BLM SPEECH, like the speech was all about BLM, and he said enlightened about it but then the response that damned him is what could easily be seen to contradict that. But yea I'm defending the right to come at him lol, I'll await his full out response whenever his next interview is if he doesn't dodge the question (which I'm betting on).

I feel you on that for the most part

Who's jumping to conclusions? Stating facts and pointing out flaws =/= jumping to conclusions. He apologized and moved on

The events on Twitter DID happen so what is there to make up? :blink:

PS: He could have just tweeted again like he did for his "misunderstood" statement. 

The really sad part about this whole thing is that his comments whether warranted or not has made its way on to this board. Stop speaking this man's name, Janet isn't paying this man no mind and neither should we. 

This is so sad, we so desperate for some Janet news. Smh

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Who's jumping to conclusions? Stating facts and pointing out flaws =/= jumping to conclusions. He apologized and moved on

The events on Twitter DID happen so what is there to make up? :blink:

PS: He could have just tweeted again like he did for his "misunderstood" statement. 

he apologized but said he was misunderstood.

You're taking his words out of context

PS: It was too late 

.........but the initial tweet was in support of a BLM SPEECH, like the speech was all about BLM, and he said enlightened about it but then the response that damned him is what could easily be seen to contradict that. But yea I'm defending the right to come at him lol, I'll await his full out response whenever his next interview is if he doesn't dodge the question (which I'm betting on).
I feel you on that for the most part

Right. Based on his initial tweet that should have told you he wasn't for the ALM movement.

Let's talk about Xtina's song CHANGE... I was belting it on the highway minutes ago:

Cause we're all the same when everybody's breathing

Wheres the backlash? Where's the mob of angry tweeters? Hasn't she used black music to make money? 

• Upvote 1

The really sad part about this whole thing is that his comments whether warranted or not has made its way on to this board. Stop speaking this man's name, Janet isn't paying this man no mind and neither should we. 

This is so sad, we so desperate for some Janet news. Smh

He's the President of Pop.. He's already under a microscope based on who he is and it doesn't help the fact that Janet banged him

He's the President of Pop.. He's already under a microscope based on who he is and it doesn't help the fact that Janet banged him

President of Pop? When did that happen <_<? Ugh I know, but we all have fuck boys in our past we wish we could erase!

• Upvote 1