Janet noted in epic JT Twitter dragging

That I agree with. The way Janet was treated, because she's a woman, and black is a great point. However, I still find it idiotic that a white pweson can't stand up to racism for any other ethnicity, without backlash. I find what was done to Janet, and now to JT equally fucked up. It is you who dosen't understand.

why do you keep making it be about the fact that Justin is white?! It's because of how he responded to his so called black friend in need. No one is attacking Jane Elliott a white woman fighting racism. Black peoples supported Bernie Sanders a white man fighting racism. Stop making it about Justin being white. They're attack his hypocrisy. He is a white man who conveniently capitalizes on black culture but when shit got hot he played victim and ran to his comfort corner. You keep missing the point. It's kinda weird how u are letting it go over your heard. 

• Upvote 2

I like how that article mentioned that if the male entertainer was black and it was Taylor Swift the blame would have fallen on him. Great point, I bet you if it was Kanye & Britney Spears or Madonna, or Taylor Swift it would have fallen on Kanye. 

It's ridiculous honestly. This whole thing becomes mute when you think about the fact that Miley Cyrus nipple was showing on MTV & there was nothing to say. You can claim because Super Bowl has more viewership but nonetheless it's an FCC issue. 

• Upvote 2

All Im gone add is if what you've taken from the discussion & the criticism is that "everyone's calling Justin a racist" or that appropriating black culture and not doing anything to stand up for it makes you a racist, on either side of this discussion you've missed the entire point. To put it simply, he's getitng jumped on because he contradicted himself, he said he was enlightened by a BML speech, then when challenged on that, he responded with a ALM response.....doesn't mean he's racist, means he doesn't get it and is ignorant on the topic at hand. 
Here's 2 really good reads to also help out 
http://www.inquisitr.com/3253934/sit-down-justin-timberlake-why-jesse-williams-bet-speech-is-definitely-not-for-him/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/justin-timberlake-totally-missed-the-point-of-jesse-williams-bet-speech_us_5771217be4b0f168323a00c9

tumblr_n8c4trtZ7P1twzfdwo3_1280.jpg

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 1

why do you keep making it be about the fact that Justin is white?! It's because of how he responded to his so called black friend in need. No one is attacking Jane Elliott a white woman fighting racism. Black peoples supported Bernie Sanders a white man fighting racism. Stop making it about Justin being white. They're attack his hypocrisy. He is a white man who conveniently capitalizes on black culture but when shit got hot he played victim and ran to his comfort corner. You keep missing the point. It's kinda weird how u are letting it go over your heard. 

I explained it to her a page back when I quoted her and she still don't get it? I'm not understanding.

• Upvote 1

Complex also dragged him 

That was a good read. This was a great article to on Janets influence. http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/102342622.html

Oh and for clarity...I don't think Justin is racist. I think Justin is the product of the very privilege Jesse Williams was talking about. "They try us on like costumes..." So if everyone is arguing Justin isn't racist...so be it, you missed the point. He's privileged & doesn't get it, but he knows how to avoid the fire when it's heating up. 

You can take any white character from any slave movie that brefriended a slave and made that slave feel like this white person was their friend only later to see this white prison turn their back when that slave got sold or whipped and that's Justin. 

• Upvote 1

Here we go.. Another Super Bowl discussion that will end with you going home with nothing, Justin still having a successful career, and Janet releasing shit music for 10 years. 

We know how it ends and that doesn't change the outcome, response, or anything. 

Justin ran with his tail between his legs like all of us would do to save our own career.

Career > occasional friend who you banged. 

Scenario: You're 22 years old again and The choice is yours. Your money, future, family, and way of life or suffer backlash for something your friend wanted to do... AND scene. You all chose career like JT. K byee

I didn't see this til right now...

But regardless if you believe any of that to be true, none of that negates the fact that he legit threw her under the bus.. It wasn't like he just sat back and allowed it to happen, he actually added onto the hate against her by ranting about it only a few days after it happened..

I sorta see your point when you say anyone would want to save their career at the age of 22, but to fan the flames and intentionally make it worse for the other person isn't somethin I'd think anyone would do..

• Upvote 3

I sorta see your point when you say anyone would want to save their career at the age of 22, but to fan the flames and intentionally make it worse for the other person isn't somethin I'd think anyone would do..

not sure how he fanned the flames but whatever. He did what any logical person would do. 

Career >>>>> butt buddy

not sure how he fanned the flames but whatever. He did what any logical person would do. 

Career >>>>> butt buddy

go ahead and re-watch him explain how he was "surprised and betrayed".. FF to 6:15 ??

• Upvote 1

That's called "distancing yourself". I've seen all the clips and interviews. He later said he should have done better... Which is somewhat always ignored. 

From His Lips: 

http://www.celebitchy.com/84073/justin_timberlake_regrets_throwing_janet_jackson_under_the_bus/

Distancing yourself...??

He said point blank:

- "I thought a red brazier was going to be underneath.."

- "I was completely shocked and appalled..."

- "I don't wanna be involved in a stunt..."

- "I don't have any reason to do this..."

Norman, that ain't "distancing yourself"... That's straight up placing blame..

And of course he said he knew he should've done better, after the fact.. Ain't no way that was going to change anything and it's easy for him to say that when you have a new album coming out that you need to promote..

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

go ahead and re-watch him explain how he was "surprised and betrayed".. FF to 6:15 ??

I saw Justin's comment on the situation right after it happened. And he was so pumped about it. Saying oh that's every man's dream.  And than when it blew up his ass did a 180. I was never a NSYNC or even a BSB fan so I never saw it for Justin. But what that showed me was that when shit hits the fan Justin being a white boy could run back to his comfort zone. Where as Janet being the Mega star that she is.... Is still a black person in racist ass America. If Justin was so "down" he would have stood with Janet.  After all it was his hand that exposed her breast.... whether it was planned are not. He willingly participated in it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I saw Justin's comment on the situation right after it happened. And he was so pumped about it. Saying oh that's every man's dream.  And than when it blew up his ass did a 180. I was never a NSYNC or even a BSB fan so I never saw it for Justin. But what that showed me was that when shit hits the fan Justin being a white boy could run back to his comfort zone. Where as Janet being the Mega star that she is.... Is still a black person in racist ass America. If Justin was so "down" he would have stood with Janet.  After all it was his hand that exposed her breast.... whether it was planned are not. He willingly participated in it.

there's a reason he kept reaching out to Janet in the shadows & trying to apologize. He knows he threw her under the bus, he could have simply said "We were shocked we didn't expect or anticipate this. We spoke & I genuinely feel bad for Janet. It wasn't planned & just as appalling as it is to fans & families to see...imagine the embarrassment of a performance gone wrong & being exposed publically. We are still in touch & I hope to be there for her as we weather this storm, for something that was completely! "Unintentional". We are both very successful & we wouldn't need to do something so drastic. 

There's no "we" there's a bunch of "I". He could have kept it equally distant from the backlash for both of them. It's bull shit he didn't know. He was all for it until the rest of the world wasn't. He could have said absolutely not &  not touched her titty at all. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Listening to the weird people who are obsessed with JT's past 12 years ago but completely ignore his thoughts 7 years ago is a bit odd  

You all have already picked your side. What's the point in discussing it? Do what Janet Jackson herself have done and LET IT GO. 

'Hate will only divide' - Janet

And of course he said he knew he should've done better, after the fact.. Ain't no way that was going to change anything and it's easy for him to say that when you have a new album coming out that you need to promote..

He said he regrets not being closer to Janet during that time. That eclipse anything and everything he did in 2004

He wasn't promoting an album bc that article was published in 2009.. 3 years after Future/Sex era and 3 years prior to the 20/20 Era

• Upvote 1

He sure fuckin' did!!! I used to have that interview on tape when he said it right after. I wish someone still had it.

• Upvote 1

He sure fuckin' did!!! I used to have that interview on tape when he said it right after. I wish someone still had it.

MTV and him knew about the 'stunt' and were hyping Ms Jackson if your nasty up as soon as it was over....when the shit got serious Janet was left out in the cold. Again I blame the Madonna and Britney kiss, if that kiss never happend and recieved all the publicity it did..MTV would not have been looking for a new stunt and hire Janet to headline their Superbowl show and Janet would not have called Justin (Britneys ex at the time) to join her on stage so they can outdo her rival and his ex with a bigger more explosive stunt.

• Upvote 3