Truth

Selz

No.. You're mixing shit up.. You went from XYZ to 123... Joe Jackson being in the NS video has nothing to do with AYF lyrics 

Nothing isn't that bad.. It's for a soundtrack.. Whereas AYF is the worst she wrote

They do the most. Like copy and paste lyrics, bold the lyrics make them fit their narrative (giving me YOU, TVR 1997-teas)... It's quite pathetic that they think Janet gives that much of a fuck like they do. Janet doesn't write songs with her family in her mind. She writes songs about herself and own experiences she has with loved ones

Its equivalent to Jermaine Jackson fans saying "This Body" is about Jermaine or Paris Jackson fans saying "TGF" is about Paris 

No it is not Norman. The lyrics are simple yet poignant, just like the song.

They're the Beyhive of yesteryear -_-. Always doing too much. 

• Upvote 1

I get how you came to that conclusion but I think she relates to this herself too as well as MJ

After You Fall

Who's gonna be there
After you fall
Who's gonna be there
After it all

Your resilience so brilliant (I think the resilience is brilliance. Like she attributes to her mother & said she now realizes she has)
Yet you stand strong
But this pain you feel
Never thought that a hurt
Could be so deep
And now trust for you has new meaning (she too was betrayed by labels, husbands, friends, Justin & the industry)

After you fall
Who's gonna be there
After you fall
Oh whoa
Who's gonna be there
After you fall
Who's gonna care for you
After it all

Alone you wanna be
I know there ya feel safe
It's ya go to place (Its not just super bowl it's also post Discipline & label disputes. The old video of her saying she might go independent & she doesn't know if she would do it all again if she had to so she just disappears into her comfort zone)
They let evil bare their souls (the executives, industry, media)
Take control God has no home (they'll lie, steal, cheat to get their ultimate goal: money)
And all the good you do
They still want to keep you down (she too did charity even tho not as much and like Collin Powell who turned against her after she raised money for him)

After you fall
Who's gonna be there
After you fall
Oh whoa

Your resilience so brilliant
Yeah you stand strong
But this pain you feel
Never thought that a hurt
Could cut ya so deep
And now trust for you has new
Meaning

After you fall
Who's gonna be there
With you through all
Who's gonna care for you
After it all yeah
Who's gonna be there
After you fall
I will (sometimes you have to pick yourself up)

eh I see what you mean but that still doesn't persuade me enough to change my interpretation of this song.. Appreciate your views tho..

AYF is NOT about MJ 

if you want to relate it to him, fine... But it has nothing to do with him. Just like YOU had nothing to do with him but the media and most of his old fans thought so. I could see how 

No song on the album is about her bro. All songs are a reflection of Janet's feels or reaction 

BHH is def about MJ.  She talks about them doing chores and singing together and how he went away in the summer.  Then she says she says she will see him in the next life.  Not a stretch there...

• Upvote 3

The album is more related to MJ and what he went thru

this was her first album since his death.

Next album will be bout Janet

THIS.

I think some people are missing (or just plain ignoring) that glaringly obvious fact..

from the moment Mike passed away, we've never had the same "Janet Jackson" that we had before.. People rather believe that him dying didn't have as big of an impact on her as it truly did..

career-wise (and it sucks to say this) his death gave her the kick in the ass that she needed..

You weren't going to see her appear on the American Idol finale (as the last/headlining surprise performer) before June 2009.. You weren't going to see her open the AMAs with an 8 minute medley (including a new song) before June 2009.. You weren't going to see her perform (let alone open) the 2009 MTV VMAs (regardless if it was in tribute or not) before June 2009 (even releasing her newest single the same day!).. And releasing Number Ones in Nov of 2009 could also be seen as capitalising from Mike's death..

Plus, on top of everything, the public has seemingly "forgiven" Janet of any negative stigma she has had attached to her name in the last decade (i.e. critical acclaim for the album, successful tour, award show tributes, potential RRHOF induction, etc etc etc) all after Mike died..

She for sure felt the effects of Michael Jackson dying, and I just mean career-wise, let alone the aftermath for her personally..

And by "personally," I think that we've seen her change more in the last 7 years than any other period in her life.. Is it coincidence that it all takes place after her closest sibling has an untimely death??

No..... No it is not.

And I feel that it's not any sort of stretch of the imagination to believe that the very first song she writes and records for her very first album since his death, might just have a little to do with her brother.....

ijs...

Well in later years Janet & Mike weren't necessarily "close" she saw him days before her birthday (a month before passing) but had admitted before that it had been quite some time. MJs drug addiction & Janet's frustration with it & trying to do interventions with him kinda drove her away from their connection in their adult years. 

Also, her contract like most major artist Mariah, MJ, Whitney Houston...closed out with a compilation album Number Ones just like she did Design of a Decade or MJs Number Ones or Mariah's Number Ones. It's not to ignore the effects it had on her...I believe it solidified all she felt about the industry personally. I think she knew that it was complicated because she knew and felt Mike was an addict and that's difficult to watch. She slightly felt deep down that one day this could possibly happen. 

I think the first song she wrote was about the entire rise & fall in the industry for her & her brother. We can't forget her LA Reid fiasco, every label trying to diminish her quality, her losing movie roles (Lena Horne) due to SB, her being black balled, her having to sale smaller venues, her tours faltering...everything she has been through. Just what she's been all too familiar with. I think she finally went there. I also think post JD, Janet was ready to be on a new wave. She wanted a new life and a new perspective. Janet has always been God oriented, and she went on her hunt to get deeper to that than everything else. 

• Upvote 2

Well in later years Janet & Mike weren't necessarily "close" she saw him days before her birthday (a month before passing) but had admitted before that it had been quite some time. MJs drug addiction & Janet's frustration with it & trying to do interventions with him kinda drove her away from their connection in their adult years. 

Also, her contract like most major artist Mariah, MJ, Whitney Houston...closed out with a compilation album Number Ones just like she did Design of a Decade or MJs Number Ones or Mariah's Number Ones. It's not to ignore the effects it had on her...I believe it solidified all she felt about the industry personally. I think she knew that it was complicated because she knew and felt Mike was an addict and that's difficult to watch. She slightly felt deep down that one day this could possibly happen. 

I think the first song she wrote was about the entire rise & fall in the industry for her & her brother. Just what she's been all too familiar with. I think she finally went there. I also think post JD, Janet was ready to be on a new wave. She wanted a new life and a new perspective. Janet has always been God oriented, and she went on her hunt to get deeper to that than everything else. 

I'll concur with just about everything you said.. Solid post ??

BHH is def about MJ.  She talks about them doing chores and singing together and how he went away in the summer.  Then she says she says she will see him in the next life.  Not a stretch there...

I 100% realize that.. The way i take it is it's her reaction..  But yes. He is the subject to ONE Song

The album is more related to MJ and what he went thru

The album as a whole is NOT about MJ.. He has one song.. The rest are about her life.. Love, social consciousness, and family (Lesson Learned being about her parents, according to some) but the rest of the album has NOTHING to do with her brother. Just BHH

• Upvote 1

THIS.

I think some people are missing (or just plain ignoring) that glaringly obvious fact..

from the moment Mike passed away, we've never had the same "Janet Jackson" that we had before.. People rather believe that him dying didn't have as big of an impact on her as it truly did..

career-wise (and it sucks to say this) his death gave her the kick in the ass that she needed..

You weren't going to see her appear on the American Idol finale (as the last/headlining surprise performer) before June 2009.. You weren't going to see her open the AMAs with an 8 minute medley (including a new song) before June 2009.. You weren't going to see her perform (let alone open) the 2009 MTV VMAs (regardless if it was in tribute or not) before June 2009 (even releasing her newest single the same day!).. And releasing Number Ones in Nov of 2009 could also be seen as capitalising from Mike's death..

Plus, on top of everything, the public has seemingly "forgiven" Janet of any negative stigma she has had attached to her name in the last decade (i.e. critical acclaim for the album, successful tour, award show tributes, potential RRHOF induction, etc etc etc) all after Mike died..

She for sure felt the effects of Michael Jackson dying, and I just mean career-wise, let alone the aftermath for her personally..

And by "personally," I think that we've seen her change more in the last 7 years than any other period in her life.. Is it coincidence that it all takes place after her closest sibling has an untimely death??

No..... No it is not.

And I feel that it's not any sort of stretch of the imagination to believe that the very first song she writes and records for her very first album since his death, might just have a little to do with her brother.....

ijs...

:lmao: Losing a family member has a big impact on anyone but that doesn't mean, what you're applying, Janet's entire career & life evolves around MJ or his passing.

Janet has opened award shows in the past.. That's called promotion. As in her label said "promote your album" and Janet said "okay, book me". She didn't just start doing new shit bc he died :blink: 

Is it a coincidence that she got married, made a new album, toured, after her brother died? No.. Janet got married bc Wissam asked her to. Janet decided to release a new album bc she had something to say. 

AYF isn't about MJ much like YOU isn't about MJ. It can be applied to him but ultimately, she wrote it for herself with herself in mind like she has been doing for the past 30 years 

• Downvote 1

:lmao: Losing a family member has a big impact on anyone but that doesn't mean, what you're applying, Janet's entire career & life evolves around MJ or his passing.

Janet has opened award shows in the past.. That's called promotion. As in her label said "promote your album" and Janet said "okay, book me". She didn't just start doing new shit bc he died :blink: 

Is it a coincidence that she got married, made a new album, toured, after her brother died? No.. Janet got married bc Wissam asked her to. Janet decided to release a new album bc she had something to say. 

AYF isn't about MJ much like YOU isn't about MJ. It can be applied to him but ultimately, she wrote it for herself with herself in mind like she has been doing for the past 30 years 

none of anything you said is relevant.. Nobody brought up YOU besides YOU! :lmao: (So stop trying to make "FETCH" happen! :P)

And no shit she's opened award shows in the past.. (She even performed at the Super Bowl bro! ?) But before the AMAs in 2009, coming off her RWU Tour didn't make her such a hot commodity to open the 2nd biggest music award show in America!

And if you think that Janet damn-near selling out over 80 shows on the UCAP Tour had zilch to do with the spike in public interest in her after Mike died, then you're crazy! I don't care that it was mostly smaller venues, there were still a lot of 6k+ seat venues that she couldn't have dreamed of selling out on the RWU Tour less than 2 years prior!

Show me a quote from her or Terry or Jimmy that states AYF is NOT (at least partially) about her brother..

You can't.. So STFU!!! ???

none of anything you said is relevant.. Nobody brought up YOU besides YOU! :lmao: (So stop trying to make "FETCH" happen! :P)

And no shit she's opened award shows in the past.. (She even performed at the Super Bowl bro! ?) But before the AMAs in 2009, coming off her RWU Tour didn't make her such a hot commodity to open the 2nd biggest music award show in America!

And if you think that Janet damn-near selling out over 80 shows on the UCAP Tour had zilch to do with the spike in public interest in her after Mike died, then you're crazy! I don't care that it was mostly smaller venues, there were still a lot of 6k+ seat venues that she couldn't have dreamed of selling out on the RWU Tour less than 2 years prior!

Show me a quote from her or Terry or Jimmy that states AYF is NOT (at least partially) about her brother..

You can't.. So STFU!!! ???

I brought up YOU bc when TVR was released, people were saying that that song was about MJ and Janet gracefully said "nah bishes". Same goes for AYF

She has performed for the AMAs multiple times during her career. She only opened to promote #1s.. There's no other reason besides that.. The connection you think is there, is not there. MJ 's self-demise did NOT force her to promote her greatest hits album.. Please stop

Since you think it's not about Janet And  Your burden of proof is much higher than mine, Show me a quote from her producers that they say AYF is about MJ.

Edited by Game
  • Downvote 1

I brought up YOU bc when TVR was released, people were saying that that song was about MJ and Janet gracefully said "nah bishes". Same goes for AYF

She has performed for the AMAs multiple times during her career. She only opened to promote #1s.. There's no other reason besides that.. The connection you think is there, is not there. MJ 's self-demise did NOT force her to promote her greatest hits album.. Please stop

Since you think it's not about Janet And  Your burden of proof is much higher than mine, Show me a quote from her producers that they say AYF is about MJ.

this has nothing to do with YOU! You say "same goes for AYF" and no it's not the same.. It will be the same when and if Janet, Terry or Jimmy come out and say that AYF either isn't about MJ or specify what it is about.. Then it's the same.. Until then, there's no "burden of proof" on anyone..

Wtf is this Law & Order??

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

I shared my opinion of what the interpretation was about the song, and YOU being YOU have to try and correct somebody when it's YOU that has no proof of what YOU believe to be fact.. Because until Janet does a song-by-song breakdown of the meaning of each one, you have no "proof" of anything.. I didn't attempt to prove anything, only explain my interpretation of what I believe it to be..

and your point about opening the AMAs is moot.. Because if you choose to believe that there wasn't a spike in Janet Jackson's "stock" after MJ died, then you're more of an imbecile that I previously thought..

now go ring up somebody's groceries.. 

:P

• Upvote 1

The Great Forever- Def inspired by Michael

Shoulda Known Better- Michael influence

After you fall- def about MJ

Broken Hearts Heal - MJ 

Night- MJ, seeing him in heaven etc

Dream/Euphoria- ??? Random

2 b loved - more Janet

Take me away - Self explained- esp since MJ died

Black Eagle-  Janet and MJ hint 

Gon B Alright- time is healer since MJ passing

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The Great Forever- Def inspired by Michael

Shoulda Known Better- Michael influence

After you fall- def about MJ

Broken Hearts Heal - MJ 

Night- MJ, seeing him in heaven etc

Dream/Euphoria- ??? Random

2 b loved - more Janet

Take me away - Self explained- esp since MJ died

Black Eagle-  Janet and MJ hint 

Gon B Alright- time is healer since MJ passing

:lmao: this is the biggest joke ever!!!!!!!! :lmao: LMFAO WOW. LIKE DE....LUSION... ALLLLL

TGF: About Janet's love life. 

SKB: :lmao: She literally mentions RN in the song. MJ NEVER had a song EDM song. 

AYF: not about a literal fallen legend

Night: DEF NOT ABOUT MJ :lmao: it's literally a love song about her husband with a sick beat. A song that was incompleted  

Take Me Away - read the lyrics. Wtf

Black Eagle - Uhhh 100% Janet. 0% MJ. 

Gon' B Alright - Read the lyrics 

i guess No Sleeep is about MJ not getting enough sleep so he took medical drugs for his lack of sleep? 

Unbreakable must be about how he's Unbreakable.. Oh wait

DB must be about his infatuation with babies

BIU must be about how he hasn't toured since 1995? :unsure: :lmao: 

Honestly, That was pathetic and sad. Sucks to suck

Edited by Game
  • Downvote 1

Cool. A lot of people have opinions & you're entitled to it

you're included in "a lot of people" buddy.. Your "proof" is nowhere to be found, making everything you stated just another opinion!

have a good night bruh bruh!

:lmao: this is the biggest joke ever!!!!!!!! :lmao: LMFAO WOW. LIKE DE....LUSION... ALLLLL

TGF: About Janet's love life. 

SKB: :lmao: She literally mentions RN in the song. MJ NEVER had a song EDM song. 

AYF: not about a literal fallen legend

Night: DEF NOT ABOUT MJ :lmao: it's literally a love song about her husband with a sick beat. A song that was incompleted  

Take Me Away - read the lyrics. Wtf

Black Eagle - Uhhh 100% Janet. 0% MJ. 

Gon' B Alright - Read the lyrics 

i guess No Sleeep is about MJ not getting enough sleep so he took medical drugs for his lack of sleep? 

Unbreakable must be about how he's Unbreakable.. Oh wait

DB must be about his infatuation with babies

BIU must be about how he hasn't toured since 1995? :unsure: :lmao: 

Honestly, That was pathetic and sad. Sucks to suck

I prefer my interpretation than yours

woke up in Heaven in the morning
With the biggest smile upon my face

(She woke up in heaven and sees her brother) biggest smile on her face 

your Basic

Btw Michael toured last in 96-98

I prefer my interpretation than yours

woke up in Heaven in the morning

(She woke up in heaven and sees her brother) biggest smile on her face 

your Basic

Btw Michael toured last in 96-98

Well obviously you like your own words. That doesn't make them less delusional. 

So you just listen to the first 15 seconds and skip the rest? Nice interpretation, Sherlock but maybe you should listen to the entire record and not just the hook

If I'm basic than you're so far up Michael's asshole thay you cannot even fathom seeing it from her side. 

Doesn't matter what year the tour started.. Irrelevant information 

Read the bold lyrics and apply them to her brother without making the song sound awkwardly about sex. 

Cross the other side of bliss
Proof that Heaven does exist
I'm offering my gratitude
For what is meant to be
Is 'bout to break thru

Love is taking over
Like a tidal wave
Our universe is aligned
Feeling the love tonight
Love is taking over
Showing us the way
Darkness starts to fade
After the love tonight
I woke up in Heaven in the morning

Way beyond the highest high
Feel love pumping thru your body
Gonna redefine our attitudes
Like you better be good to me
And I better be good to you

you're included in "a lot of people" buddy.. Your "proof" is nowhere to be found, making everything you stated just another opinion!

have a good night bruh bruh!

Your opinion is your opinion and my opinion is shared amongst Janet fans. 

And I'm not talking about the bored MJ fans who now get their rocks off to the most talented Jackson now that MJ's career is over (i.e. You and the fourteen year old delusional one who thinks SKB is influenced by someone who never left the 1980/90s musically & NIGHT, an incestrial song about her brother) 

Obviously she relates to it too. But these songs were either -inspired -- influenced - homage - by/ to MJ

To state that undermines Janet's entire career. Unbreakable is the best JANET JACKSON album since AFY.. It sounds like a Janet Jackson album. That's what her fans were saying when she released the album. Only the delusional MJ fans think he influence any sound on this album. Everything on this album is classic Janet. Sexy, social conscience, loving, sensual, fierce... Unbreakable is just that. 

Jimmy/Terry never said that about the album when describing it to the media... Jimmy never said anything about the album being influenced, inspired, and/or a homage to her brother

Edited by Game

To state that undermines Janet's entire career. Unbreakable is the best JANET JACKSON album since AFY.. It sounds like a Janet Jackson album. That's what her fans were saying when she released the album. Only the delusional MJ fans think he influence any sound on this album. 

Jimmy/Terry never said that about the album when describing it to the media... Jimmy never said anything about the album being influenced, inspired, and/or a homage to her brother

Jimmy don't have to. It's down to the listener 

Damita Jo shits on this album