Truth

Selz

I don't think the lyrics are directly about MJ either but I'm sure what happened to him inspired them to some extent. The way she sings and the music of the song is definitely inspired by MJ/an homage to him, in my opinion.

The lyrics are about her (like every song she's written on this album). They can be applied to MJ if you want them to but he wasn't around when the song was made according to Jimmy and Terry.... womp

Edited by Game
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

First of all.....Thanks for agreeing that you're a loser.. That was easier than I had anticipated..

Secondly, you're finally correct about one thing: I am a great father! Second to none! I love my family like crazy....and they love me back..

image_zpst4ftm3fr.jpeg

maybe one day you too will have a family of your own so that the hole in your heart that keeps tearing you apart can be filled...

I wouldn't bet on it tho.. #sorrynotsorry

(sidenote: they're with their grandma for the day, I pick them up later tonight #nicetry)

I believe nobody was saying that J&T demanded her to sound like anyone....

uuuhhhh...you said that all on your own :huh: (creating that truth you like again)..

And the fact that they responded to ?uestlove's tweet about TGF vocals sounding like MJ being brought back (or something to that effect) by saying "I knew you'd get it" leaves your argument in the gutter... As usual..

and you have said before that BHH isn't about MJ, but about Janet's feelings about MJ.. #wrongagain

I think I've proven enough with you..

#gotryandwinatsomethingelseinlifenow

??

Truly disgusting getting personal and bringing Dal's children into your personal attacks smdh

• Upvote 2

none of anything you said is relevant.. Nobody brought up YOU besides YOU! :lmao: (So stop trying to make "FETCH" happen! :P)

And no shit she's opened award shows in the past.. (She even performed at the Super Bowl bro! ?) But before the AMAs in 2009, coming off her RWU Tour didn't make her such a hot commodity to open the 2nd biggest music award show in America!

And if you think that Janet damn-near selling out over 80 shows on the UCAP Tour had zilch to do with the spike in public interest in her after Mike died, then you're crazy! I don't care that it was mostly smaller venues, there were still a lot of 6k+ seat venues that she couldn't have dreamed of selling out on the RWU Tour less than 2 years prior!

Show me a quote from her or Terry or Jimmy that states AYF is NOT (at least partially) about her brother..

You can't.. So STFU!!! ???

Hell no Dal! lol Janet's UCAP tour was successful cause of her name alone especially after she shut it down on the American Idol Season 9 finale. Word spread of how great she did. She did so good her performance went to no.1 on itunes and it became the talk on social media. Shortly after she announced the UCAP tour and it resulted into immediate sellouts and i'm glad I was one of the ones who attended.

Edited by JoeJoe
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hell no Dal! lol Janet's UCAP tour was successful cause of her name alone especially after she shut it down on the American Idol Season 9 finale. Word spread of how great she did. She did so good her performance went to no.1 on itunes and it became the talk on social media. Shortly after she announced the UCAP tour and it resulted into immediate sellouts and i'm glad I was one of the ones who attended.

Loved that tour :wub: 

she killed the AI finale! Got that standing ovation even after performing the entirety of Nothing.. Good thing she went right into Nasty right after that and gave the people what they wanted!

My only point I was making is that a big factor as to why she was chosen to "close out" the AI finale that year was because just the year prior, MJ died and public interest in her was reignited.. It was a series of events.. 

-MJ died

-Janet performed tribute on VMAs

-Janet releases new single same day as VMAs

-Janet opens the AMAs with 8 min performance

-Janet released new GH compilation

-Janet promotes WDIGMT while constantly telling how MJ's death affected her performance in the film

-Janet records theme song for said film (and it's not very good)

-Janet is asked to be "headlining" surprise performer on AI finale

I'm just saying, if MJ hadn't passed less than a year before, I'm not so sure Janet would've been considered for the AI finale.. People wanted to see Janet more than ever in that last half decade.. That's all I was saying..

she killed the AI finale! Got that standing ovation even after performing the entirety of Nothing.. Good thing she went right into Nasty right after that and gave the people what they wanted!

My only point I was making is that a big factor as to why she was chosen to "close out" the AI finale that year was because just the year prior, MJ died and public interest in her was reignited.. It was a series of events.. 

-MJ died

-Janet performed tribute on VMAs

-Janet releases new single same day as VMAs

-Janet opens the AMAs with 8 min performance

-Janet released new GH compilation

-Janet promotes WDIGMT while constantly telling how MJ's death affected her performance in the film

-Janet records theme song for said film (and it's not very good)

-Janet is asked to be "headlining" surprise performer on AI finale

I'm just saying, if MJ hadn't passed less than a year before, I'm not so sure Janet would've been considered for the AI finale.. People wanted to see Janet more than ever in that last half decade.. That's all I was saying..

I see your point. But I also hate how some Mj stans think that everything Janet does revolve around Michael. The media ...especially the American media didn't give two shits about MJ before he died. Janet knows this that's why during the  promotion for WDIGM2 she would either say the same thing or she would refuse to talk about it.... Hence Graham Norton saying she was his most diffcult guest. All because she didn't want to talk about the death of her brother. I've always felt that people don't look at the Jacksons as people but as some weird ass unicorns or something.

Edited by BlackCat1989
  • Upvote 1

. But I also hate how some Mj stans think that everything Janet does revolve around Michael. L

THISSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! And before his self-demise, not ONE MJ fan was worried about Janet and now that's all they have..

Took em long enough but they're only using Janet bc that's the closest thing they'll get to MJ in his Prime (aka 1995) 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's funny how MJ fans are so insecure with his legacy that he tarnished that they use Janet vicariously

He may have a tarnished legacy.. But his legacy is still fully intact and going nowhere in our lifetime.. You act as though Janet's legacy isn't tarnished in some way.. It is.. Deal with it..

I see your point. But I also hate how some Mj stans think that everything Janet does revolve around Michael. The media ...especially the American media didn't give two shits about MJ before he died. Janet knows this that's why during the  promotion for WDIGM2 she would either say the same thing or she would refuse to talk about it.... Hence Graham Norton saying she was his most diffcult guest. All because she didn't want to talk about the death of her brother. I've always felt that people don't look at the Jacksons as people but as some weird ass unicorns or something.

I agree that some MJ fans are nuts, same with some Janet fans as well.. But I will say I do specifically remember watching MJ's This Is It O2 announcement live on CNN (yes, here in California at like 12 noon on a weekday).. So I wouldn't necessarily say the media (American or otherwise) didn't have any interest in MJ.. Granted he legit had zilch going on in his life.. He won his trial and got the fuck outta the country.. Then 4 years later, with no new music, videos, or performances he still managed to sell out 50 arena dates within hours! Close to a million seats sold! But sure go ahead and claim nobody was interested in anything he did..

But if you think the media, especially the American media, gave two shits about Janet in May of 2009 you're trippin homie.. That's prolly why she was doing another Tyler Perry "film" (a Tyler Lerry sequel, nonetheless).. After the dismal performance of the RWU tour (which I feel like is her best tour STILL btw), nobody was checking for Janet.........

..nobody....

My only point was that after MJ died, the public/media were interested in Janet and whatever she was doing far more than they had been the previous years since Feb 2004.. 

THISSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! And before his self-demise, not ONE MJ fan was worried about Janet and now that's all they have..

Took em long enough but they're only using Janet bc that's the closest thing they'll get to MJ in his Prime (aka 1995) 

you think 1995 was his prime...?? :huh:

Cool! Glad we agree on something ?

Janet is still alive & can add to her legacy 

while not without controversies, his legacy will forever remain further reaching and everlasting longer than most artists will ever experience (past, present, or future)...

Including Janet's...

So suck on that ?

Truly disgusting getting personal and bringing Dal's children into your personal attacks smdh

It's sad ain't it?

..but not much else to expect from such a colossal loser like Norman.. He be takin L's all day long! :lmao:

But shiiiit I'd be pretty pissed off at life too if I was him..

giphy_zpsay9prdrk.gif

:lmao: 

I completely understand the legacy MJ has left behind... I never denied that so let's not pretend I did... however, his fans are sooo insecure about it that they use Janet vicariously 

if you're being specific to me, how did I "use Janet vicariously"...?

Mind you, I've been a legitimate fan of Janet and her music since 1990 when I first saw the RN video, long before MJ was gone ...so what exactly do you mean?

if you're being specific to me, how did I "use Janet vicariously"...?

Mind you, I've been a legitimate fan of Janet and her music since 1990 when I first saw the RN video, long before MJ was gone ...so what exactly do you mean?

Whoa now guilty... I never said you unless you're his last fan ever (which I doubt)

Youre not the only MJ fan and you're not dumb to think that EVERY song on Unbreakable (including NIGHT, TGF, etc) is about MJ (about being the key word) 

Edited by Game

Whoa now guilty... I never said you unless you're his last fan ever (which I doubt)

Youre not the only MJ fan and you're not dumb to think that EVERY song on Unbreakable (including NIGHT, TGF, etc) is about MJ (about being the key word) 

def not.. Only AYF and BHH..

ok im over this topic now.

• Upvote 1