Is she embarrassed of the "janet" and "RN" tours?

Dal

HD in 2001 is a joke.. Can you imagine 1990 & 1994? :lmao: 

you clearly (and unsurprisingly) have no idea what you're referring to.. You are not a videophile..

HD in 2001 is still the same HD as 2016.. Hell, HD is 1950 is the same as HD in 2016..

its all based on how it's filmed.. That's why movies that were made in the 1930's (like, say, The Wizard of Oz) can still be transferred to bluray and turn out 1080p high definition prints (or even converted to high definition 3D)!! ?

image_zpszlybqzl5.jpeg

you, sir, are such an imbecile.. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

you clearly (and unsurprisingly) have no idea what you're referring to.. You are not a videophile..

HD in 2001 is still the same HD as 2016.. Hell, HD is 1950 is the same as HD in 2016..

its all based on how it's filmed.. That's why movies that were made in the 1930's (like, say, The Wizard of Oz) can still be transferred to bluray and turn out 1080p high definition prints (or even converted to high definition 3D)!! ?

you, sir, are such an imbecile.. :rolleyes:

TRANSFERED is the key word. If something has to be converted it is not equal 

Know why it has to be transferred? Because the HD quality of pre-2010 is shit.

Janet may have filmed it in HD but HD in 1990 is NOT the same as HD In 2016. 

Edited by Game
  • Downvote 1

TRANSFERED is the key word. If something has to be converted it is not equal 

Know why it has to be transferred? Because the HD quality of pre-2010 is shit.

Janet may have filmed it in HD but HD in 1990 is NOT the same as HD In 2016. 

*class is in session!*

Listen genius, if it's filmed on beta or Hi-8 film, then it's high definition.. If it's filmed on VHS, then it's not HD.. And I would be willing to bet that it wasn't filmed on VHS.. Even back then, DPs knew that VHS maxed out at only 480 pixel lines of definition (aka NOT high def).. That's why they didn't film movies on VHS tape, even way back then! (woooooow you're learning!!)

for janet to confirm that these were filmed in high definition, that would lead any reasonable person with knowledge on the subject (unlike yourself) to presume that these were not recorded onto VHS.. Therefore suggesting that these are easily transferable into 720p/1080p high definition...

And why the fuuck do you keep saying that old HD is not new HD...?? The date that things were recorded have nothing (again....NOTHING) to do with it being high def or not.. 

Now go learn something else!

• Upvote 5

*class is in session!*

Listen genius, if it's filmed on beta or Hi-8 film, then it's high definition.. If it's filmed on VHS, then it's not HD.. And I would be willing to bet that it wasn't filmed on VHS.. Even back then, DPs knew that VHS maxed out at only 480 pixel lines of definition (aka NOT high def).. That's why they didn't film movies on VHS tape, even way back then! (woooooow you're learning!!)

for janet to confirm that these were filmed in high definition, that would lead any reasonable person with knowledge on the subject (unlike yourself) to presume that these were not recorded onto VHS.. Therefore suggesting that these are easily transferable into 720p/1080p high definition...

And why the fuuck do you keep saying that old HD is not new HD...?? The date that things were recorded have nothing (again....NOTHING) to do with it being high def or not.. 

Dayum!!!  lol

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

*class is in session!*

when I say my good cuz can read a bit though -_-

• Upvote 2

I don't remember where I read this, but I believe the exclusive contracts Janet signed with Pioneer expire around 2017. 

It's the reason Janet's team pulled almost all of the bootleg clips of the RN tour off of YouTube. They are probably close to releasing it. Madonna signed a similar contract for the Blonde Ambition tour. In fact, Pioneer still owns the rights to that tour. 

As for the quality debate. You're both right in different ways. Like that "Wizard of OZ" Blue Ray. You take the best (high quality) print of the production. Restore it from the original negatives, digitally remaster it, and market it as "HD". Basically, it'll look better than you've ever seen it previously, and it can be marketed as "high definition", but by the standard of which productions are now filmed, it's not. It's more so a marketing ploy. lol Game is right in that sense. 

The RN tour was actually filmed in HD, but it still has to be remastered, and it won't look comparable to HD filmed now.  However, it will still look EXCEPTIONAL in 
quality. Based on the fact that it was actually filmed in HD, and after digital restoring/remastering. Dal is right in that sense. 

I think it's more so the contracts. It can also be supply and demand. We want it, but is that audience big enough to justify a major release. Even via Netflix. 

If Janet truly is coming back after having a child, she'll probably do a major release of all the tours with the Unbreakable Tour. That's just a guess. 

Edited by ThatOtherFan
  • Upvote 5

I don't remember where I read this, but I believe the exclusive contracts Janet signed with Pioneer expire around 2017. 

It's the reason Janet's team pulled almost almost all of the bootleg clips of the RN tour off of YouTube. They are probably close to releasing it. Madonna signed a similar contract for the Blonde Ambition tour. In fact, Pioneer still owns the rights to that tour. 

As for the quality debate. You're both right in different ways. Like that "Wizard of OZ" Blue Ray. You take the best (high quality) print of the production. Restore it from the original negatives, digitally remaster it, and market it as "HD". Basically, it'll look better than you've ever seen it previously, and it can be marketed as "high definition", but by the standard of which productions are now filmed, it's not. It's more so a marketing ploy. lol Game is right in that sense. 

The RN tour was actually filmed in HD, but it still has to be remastered, and it won't look comparable to HD filmed now.  However, it will still look EXCEPTIONAL in 
quality. Based on the fact that it was actually filmed in HD, and after digital restoring/remastering. Dal is right in that sense. 

I think it's more so the contracts. It can also be supply and demand. We want it, but is that audience big enough to justify a major release. Even via Netflix. 

If Janet truly is coming back after having a child, she'll probably do a major release of all the tours with the Unbreakable Tour. That's just a guess. 

regarding the HD discussion.. Sure, they didn't have 4K cameras back in the 1930's, but once a new print transfer is made (not converted), the mastering is done with minimum 1,080 pixel lines of definition, hence "1080p" label. Therefore, as long as the original film negative was large enough and without significant damage, the end result is usually at least a 720p image, if not full 1080p, and that's pretty much HD anyways.

Whatever the case may be, the end result quality will be far superior to anything we've seen before (and would be insanely better than what some on here would like to believe would be comparable to VHS)..

as for the legal rights issue, I remember reading somewhere that the rights reverted to Janet in 2006, and her stating in 2008 that she was planning to release them (without mentioning legalities as reason why it hadn't been yet done so) lends credence to that... But you may know something more..

lastly, I hope you're right about a future tour boxset!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Janet is definitely not embarrassed by the R.N. tour....it truly is her best tour ever.  Blood, sweat, and tears!  It is her most iconic performance at her peak, still being the number 1 tour debut by any artist seen by over 2 million people. Janet performed her ass on that tour! Saw it from 5th row center and I have never been in an arena that has screamed so long for an artist.....I'm talking like 10 minutes of pure cheering and praising after her opening set!  R.N. was sharp, crisp, live vocals, and nothing but pure raw talent.  That show was electrifying and is a must release!  Attitude for days during that opening set!!!!!  Aint no other bitch has performed like Janet as she did on the R.N. tour.  

• Upvote 5

It's the reason Janet's team pulled almost all of the bootleg clips of the RN tour off of YouTube. They are probably close to releasing it. Madonna signed a similar contract for the Blonde Ambition tour. In fact, Pioneer still owns the rights to that tour. 

As for the quality debate. Like that "Wizard of OZ" Blue Ray. You take the best (high quality) print of the production. Restore it from the original negatives, digitally remaster it, and market it as "HD". Basically, it'll look better than you've ever seen it previously, and it can be marketed as "high definition", but by the standard of which productions are now filmed, it's not. It's more so a marketing ploy. lol Game is right in that sense. 

The RN tour was actually filmed in HD, but it still has to be remastered, and it won't look comparable to HD filmed now
.  However, it will still look EXCEPTIONAL in 
quality. Based on the fact that it was actually filmed in HD, and after digital restoring/remastering.

Welcome back :wub: #Slay

i read it's not the film but the device used for viewing it. They filmed it in the highest of quality imagined but with our technology lacking, films are basically dumbed down to 1080i and older films still look like shit

Is that audience big enough for a bluray release? No

older films still look like shit

Is that audience big enough for a bluray release? No

looks like shit..?

have you even seen a film from the 1950's or before in 1080p quality??

it looks incredible. A legit crystal clear window into that time..

and nobody is saying her tours must be released on bluray.. Obviously the digital avenue makes most sense, and still produces amazing 1080p images..

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1