Wendy Williams comments on Jesse Williams and NAACP

bu.

She's known for "saying it like she means it," but that mantra seemed to upset some of her "co-hosts" as Wendy Williams made some comments about Jesse Williams and Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) that left a sour taste in her viewers' mouths.

While speaking on the recent petition currently circulated to get Jesse fired fromGrey's Anatomy, the talk show host explained that she saw both sides of the story. Referencing his moving pro-Black speech at the 2016 BET Awards, she said his words were appropriate for the occasion and network, but can see how certain pro-Black institutions may be considered offensive.

"I must say to you, he was on BET. His speech was very poignant," she said. "On the other hand, I would be really offended if there was a school that was known as a historically white college. We have historically Black colleges. What if there was the National Organization for White People, only? There's the NAACP."

When her usually loyal studio audience sat there in dead silence, she added, laughing, "Look, everybody's quiet. You're leaving me out here to dry by myself? One wrong word — I'm choosing my words carefully, but what I am saying is racism s**ks and we can all do better in our household, educating ourselves and teaching our children to make it better."

Revisiting the topic of HBCUs, she said, "National speeches like this will always rub people the wrong way just like white people will be offended because Spelman College is a historically Black college for women. You might feel funny about that. I know I'd feel funny, like I just told you. If there was a white college or whatever."

Some of her loyal at-home viewers, many being HBCU alum, ripped her to shreds on social media after watching the segment:

@WendyWilliams Diminishing validity of#HistoricallyBlackColleges ? Important/safe spaces honoring educational experience of POC? C'monWendy

•  
4DS5R8QL_normal.jpegKeyonte Smoot @KSuseSWendy Williams is so ignorant

So disappointed with the ignorance spewing from@WendyWilliams - You have so much money and influence and you don't know ur history. Sad!

•  

@WendyWilliams please understand the history of why these historically black institutions were created before you are critical of them

•  

@WendyWilliams @iJesseWilliams @GreysABC HBCUs were started because blacks couldnt attend white colleges.

•  

Recap another moment when the talk show host got dragged by social media in the BET Breaks video, above.

http://www.bet.com/celebrities/news/2016/07/06/wendy-williams-comments.html 

Edited by Dammn Bu

she deserves to be read on this one, and I must add that I watch her regularly now, but she doesnt get it. HBCU were created because White institutions didnt welcome people or color, Whites are not the excluded party, Blacks and other non-White people suffer that distinction.

Edited by Bailey.
  • Upvote 1

Right? She's so messy and does aggravate me but I can't help but tune in. She's like the Daily Mail. 

its a train wreck you cant look away ...of course the fact they upload her to youtube means anyone online can watch her show in HD quality

She's fucking pathetic. I don't see how any black person can say this out of their mouth. We know why HBCUs were created and it wasn't to hurt whites.  They aren't teaching hate in the classrooms.  When is her contract up? Her rhetoric on this is dangerous in this climate.  Jesse's speech ain't sounding so hateful today. 

• Upvote 1

Reading reports Chevrolet yanked their sponsorship

Wendy Williams became a hot topic last week after making some offensive comments, denouncing the need for HBCUs and the NAACP. Now, it seems as the talk show maven's words cost her big time as a major sponsor for her show has reportedly backed out, with the facilitator of the deal being an HBCU alumna.

Chevy Drives away

Hope it is true.  Something like this is the only way the loudmouth heffa will learn.  Same with Stacy Dash.  Got to take a hit to the pocket book to learn to shut up and stop being willfully ignorant.

thats what Im saying cus this seems rather odd like... :blink: ..how exactly is this gonna turn out 

I think guest hosts are planned months in advanced. It would make sense that they're not booking guests a week before. 

Either way, this interview will be bananas and I will make sure to miss it like I do every episode 

Roland Martin who gathered Wendy in epic proportions will be on her show Thursday. 

She better be on her best behavior. Omarosa read her down and Whitney snatched her up. Women have smart mouths and can read but men are way better at reading you down to your soul, especially gay men lol. I'll never forget how Judge Mathis read the silicon out of her fake boobs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEp2sYqU780

Edited by JoeJoe