Janet tweets using both #BLM & #ALM

shouldn't have the #alllivesmatter there because ppl are going to ignore the BLM hashtag as well as the video and focus on it.

She's someone who has been "awake" since her 20s and the lyrical content of RN album is enough to prove that but ppl are just going to ignore it and drag her for it.

• Upvote 1

To all my brethren..  BLM stands for black lives matter TOO. It Is  just stating that black lives are marginalized so there really is no need for ALM in conjunction with BLM... It's already baked in. 

the distinction that needs to be made, while its all too obvious to us as people of color, is we are the ones being gunned down like animals in the streets of America, while all lives do matter, not every race is being targeted, marginalized, and subjugated , Black lives are the ones we see time and time again being mistreated, dehumanized, and taken. So yea stick with #BLM because we the ones being killed in masse they are not killing other groups off like us. If that were the case maybe #ALM would be applicable here but thats not the case.

Edited by Bailey.
  • Upvote 4

the distinction that needs to be made, while its all too obvious to us as people of color, is we are the ones being gunned down like animals in the streets of America, while all lives do matter, not every race is being targeted, marginalized, and subjugated , Black lives are the ones we see time and time again being mistreated, dehumanized, and taken. So yea stick with #BLM because we the ones being killed in masse they are not killing other groups off like us. If that were the case maybe #ALM would be applicable here but thats not the case.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

• Upvote 1

.....TOF STRIKES GOLD AGAIN,  THAT'S MA BOI

I really wish it wasn't for the tragedies he has amazing fanmade videos for her of all kinds, but its probably for the best that the ones about serious issues get noticed, it helps bring attention to the issues whilst also showing Janets music has always been a voice for injustice, and casual fans & the gp think it stopped with the single song Rhythm Nation.

• Upvote 3

In the US, 90% of murders of black people are by black people!

Black lifes matter TOO but look in the mirror my friend, no lies will be told then. You got bigger issues inside your community. Blaming white people for all your problems ain't gonna solve the high level of crime, gun violence and gangs in the community. 

Embrace the spirit of olaudah equiano, William wilberforce and Thomas Clarkson. Don't look to blame, look to solve and unite! 

Edited by Freexone1
  • Downvote 3

Obama just gave his speech and I think he explained it very well on the usage of BLM and why ALM is not really relevant right now regarding this issue.  I dont think janet is aware of ALM or her team isn't.  The hashtag is not needed right now.   You dont see many blacks tweeting that hashtag.  

She better reference that underrated TVR bop!

Prince Michael Jackson Jr also tweeted all lives matter and someone replied saying "I knew you weren't Mj's son" 

His tweets were sad to read.  He is not learning anything.  They are really disconnected with black culture 

Edited by DasSad
  • Upvote 1

Obama just gave his speech and I think he explained it very well on the usage of BLM and why ALM is not really relevant right now regarding this issue.  I dont think janet is aware of ALM or her team isn't.  The hashtag is not needed right now.   You dont see many blacks tweeting that hashtag.  

His tweets were sad to read.  He is not learning anything.  They are really disconnected with black culture 

I think when you are a famous person with millions of followers every word you speak can be dissected and it leaves those famous people second guessing everything they say because no one wants to be offensive but everyone wants to be heard.

Im proud that Janet or her team spoke on the issue at all, because it does matter, the bigger issues out here over shadow the celebrity, I'm also offended that JT, and Prince Jackson spoke at all, they can have several seats and whatever dragging they getting they earned it, lessons learned here, think before u speak

Edited by Bailey.

In the US, 90% of murders of black people are by black people!

Black lifes matter TOO but look in the mirror my friend, no lies will be told then. You got bigger issues inside your community. Blaming white people for all your problems ain't gonna solve the high level of crime, gun violence and gangs in the community. 

Embrace the spirit of olaudah equiano, William wilberforce and Thomas Clarkson. Don't look to blame, look to solve and unite! 

when white police officers, people who our tax dollars pay to do a job, continually shoot and kill innocent Black people thats an issue that will not be tolerated ignored and unaddressed. There is no blaming white people for all our problems because no one Black person speaks as a collective voice for us all. Facts remain facts, time and time again in our shared American history the victim of a police officer's gun, night stick,  and dogs are people of color so spare me the 'don't blame white people'. When have you ever heard a story of an unarmed off duty white police officer was shot in the back by a black officer? NEVER! But it sure happens the other way around. Once again, who hates who?

when white police officers, people who our tax dollars pay to do a job, continually shoot and kill innocent Black people thats an issue that will not be tolerated ignored and unaddressed. There is no blaming white people for all our problems because no one Black person speaks as a collective voice for us all. Facts remain facts, time and time again in our shared American history the victim of a police officer's gun, night stick,  and dogs are people of color so spare me the 'don't blame white people'. When have you ever heard a story of an unarmed off duty white police officer was shot in the back by a black officer? NEVER! But it sure happens the other way around. Once again, who hates who?

Wasn't one of the officers Chinese? Or do Chinese people hate black people too? Just trying to get my facts straight.

No one is denying that there is a clear issue. But like you say, facts ARE important. But black people are not being killed "en masse" like you portray (~120 this year).

And if you want to keep this American centric, fine. But don't tell me Black lives are the only lives that don't "matter", when 100s of thousands of Syrians have been killed and everyone is reluctant to help

Edited by xoney
  • Downvote 4

I think when you are a famous person with millions of followers every word you speak can be dissected and it leaves those famous people second guessing everything they say because no one wants to be offensive but everyone wants to be heard.

Im proud that Janet or her team spoke on the issue at all, because it does matter, the bigger issues out here over shadow the celebrity, I'm also offended that JT, and Prince Jackson spoke at all, they can have several seats and whatever dragging they getting they earned it, lessons learned here, think before u speak

She didn't mean anything bad by her tweet but this is like the second time they have been a bit behind in terms of understanding the moment.  First it was Orlando with the Emirates tweet.  Then this.  Like Obama said All Lives Matter is not what we are focusing on right now.  I do understand that Janet is a global artist so she may have been speaking from that standpoint.  

Lol at Prince.  I just have to smh too.  Did he listen to any of his fathers music or interviews.  Im baffled by both his kids right now

Wasn't one of the officers Chinese? Or do Chinese people hate black people too? Just trying to get my facts straight.

No one is denying that there is a clear issue. But like you say, facts ARE important. But black people are not being killed "en masse" like you portray (~120 this year).

And if you want to keep this American centric, fine. But don't tell me Black lives are the only lives that don't "matter", when 100s of thousands of Syrians have been killed and everyone is reluctant to help

Let me help you get your facts straight.... since you are not Black(FACT) you have not lived a single day in the shoes of a Black person(FACT), yet you seem to possess some form of enlightenment that you can share with a race of which you dont belong to (FACT) and we are I guess supposed to just take your statements as "fact" . Blacks have been murdered, terrorized, segregated, marginalized, stereotyped and targeted because of our race for centuries. As for America its very foundation is formulated on race, so dont you dare attempt to insinuate some knowledge of what it is to be Black in America, when you dont have the first clue.

As for the plights of Syrians and any other oppressed people, I believe it was a Black man by the name of Martin L King Jr. that said it best "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." BUT because we cannot solve all the world's atrocities in a single day, in a single conversation online in a Janet Jackson forum I would suggest in the future to contain the discussion to the topic at hand and thats Black folks losing their lives at the hands of police officers

Let me help you get your facts straight.... since you are not Black(FACT) you have not lived a single day in the shoes of a Black person(FACT), yet you seem to possess some form of enlightenment that you can share with a race of which you dont belong to (FACT) and we are I guess supposed to just take your statements as "fact" . Blacks have been murdered, terrorized, segregated, marginalized, stereotyped and targeted because of our race for centuries. As for America its very foundation is formulated on race, so dont you dare attempt to insinuate some knowledge of what it is to be Black in America, when you dont have the first clue.

As for the plights of Syrians and any other oppressed people, I believe it was a Black man by the name of Martin L King Jr. that said it best "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." BUT because we cannot solve all the world's atrocities in a single day, in a single conversation online in a Janet Jackson forum I would suggest in the future to contain the discussion to the topic at hand and thats Black folks losing their lives at the hands of police officers

With respect to your first paragraph: huh? How is any of that relevant to what I said? I pointed out the number of black people killed by police this year. How does that insinuate knowledge of what it is to be black? It simply shows that you're statement that black people are being killed en masse is a lie. 

It's not my problem that you find facts uncomfortable. 

"contain the discussion". In other words, lets keep the conversation convenient for you. You claim that people are ignoring and undermining your struggles, but are just as quick to ignore the struggles of others. 

Edited by xoney