Let's Talk Guns ?

Dal

some Americans believe that guns are the only thing that keeps them from being victimized. Of course statistics show gun owners are more likely to be harmed by their owning a gun in their residence than harming an intruder.

New laws do need to be enacted, no one is saying you cannot have guns, people are saying the idea you have a weapon that can shoot off 20 rounds without stopping is overkill. I certainly believed that if someone is on the no fly list, they shouldnt be able to buy guns either. Considering the mental health issues here there should at least be more comprehensive background checks.

The NRA only has the influence conservative gun touting hillbillies give them, sadly theres a lot of them around.

• Upvote 2

1) Guns should be for in-house/in car only. This open carry crap is for white men with small dicks

2) Military grade weapons should not be available via purchase 

3) No fly list = no buy list

4) close loopholes to being able to purchase guns online and at gun shows without background checks

5) It shouldn't be easier to get a gun than a driving license.. 72 hour course work and 1 week waiting period

• Upvote 6

1) Guns should be for in-house/in car only. This open carry crap is for white men with small dicks

2) Military grade weapons should not be available via purchase 

3) No fly list = no buy list

4) close loopholes to being able to purchase guns online and at gun shows without background checks

5) It shouldn't be easier to get a gun than a driving license.. 72 hour course work and 1 week waiting period

I agree with most of that, but I need a receipt for the part in bold :coffee:  Ive always thought open carry was for folks that cant fight its meant to scare you into submission

Guns aint the problem, people's mentality is 

since I live alone in an area I dont know well, I often wonder if I should own a gun. Having said that I dont, I have never fired a weapon before, they do in fact scare me. I wouldnt want to have a gun in my home and Ive lived most of my adult life without a gun and Im still here so :coffee:

now thats the issue though, you have a lot, and I mean a whole lot, of people that feel otherwise, like carrying their guns keeps the peace. I dont think its a great idea to have a bunch of folks out here with guns. There was a story out of Atlanta, two moms on their way from their jobs to either go home or pick up their kids from day care got into a road rage incident. Well one of the mothers had a license to carry so she took out her gun shot and killed the other mother. Now one mother is dead the other in prison.

Edited by Bailey.

I agree with most of that, but I need a receipt for the part in bold :coffee:  Ive always thought open carry was for folks that cant fight its meant to scare you into submission

It's equivalent to big trucks and Donald Trump. They are overcompensating for something 

Of course there's no data that says I'm right.. There's also no data that says I'm wrong :asham: 

I can't fight. I don't fight.. Fighting is for cocks, animals, and men that need to prove something to themselves. 

I have shot a gun.. I've killed, skinned, cooked and eaten animals.. I stand behind the US Constitution but I wouldn't openly carry a gun around on me. For two reasons: 1) I'm black 2) I don't need to

Edited by Game

It's equivalent to big trucks and Donald Trump. They are overcompensating for something 

Of course there's no data that says I'm right.. There's also no data that says I'm wrong :asham: 

I can't fight. I don't fight.. Fighting is for cocks, animals, and men that need to prove something to themselves. 

I have shot a gun.. I've killed, skinned, cooked and eaten animals.. I stand behind the US Constitution but I wouldn't openly carry a gun around on me. For two reasons: 1) I'm black 2) I don't need to

first bold: cute :lol:

second bold: real

• Upvote 1

first bold: cute :lol:

second bold: real

People have called me "Uncle Tom" but it's an insult to themselves. I support a black artist (a real black artist and not her brother). I support black business (my face product).. I love black people (I love all people deserve love and respect) and my blackness ( :shifty:) I wouldn't change my race for a second. 

I dislike people who think you have to act "hard" and speak improper bc of your race bc of what they seen on BET or MTV growing up. That's not the image I want to portray. 

I'm ranting now but you get my point

• Upvote 2

Whilst I'm very anti-gun, I always thought that if I was in America, I'd probably own one to keep in the house, "just in case". But knowing that it can be used as a justification for my murder, I'm revising that theory. 

Person 1: "Bu, the Arab looking ethnic minority got shot"

Person 2: "He owned a gun so it's ok"

:umm:

Edited by Dammn Bu
  • Upvote 1

People have called me "Uncle Tom" but it's an insult to themselves. I support a black artist (a real black artist and not her brother). I support black business (my face product).. I love black people (I love all people deserve love and respect) and my blackness ( :shifty:) I wouldn't change my race for a second. 

I dislike people who think you have to act "hard" and speak improper bc of your race bc of what they seen on BET or MTV growing up. That's not the image I want to portray. 

I'm ranting now but you get my point

I agree, its tough though because I have had many Blacks on my ass because I dont speak the way they think I should, and most of the time they from the hood, ghetto whatever, but I dont devalue them the way the devalue me, I never say "oh you're just ghetto trash" I realize their life experiences are as real as mine, they just dont believe I belong like they do, and thats a problem :filenails:

• Upvote 1

Shootings every damn day now.  Everyone's gone nuts.  Republican convention starts tomorrow Trump and co vs the obvious protestors my goodness you know it will be some racist mess.

Gun violence has been happening every day of this country.. In fact, Over 100k people per year has had some kind of gun incident in the United States (2014 or 2015 figures).. that includes police interventions and suicides