Rank Greatest impact on POP CULTURE to least

janetDAYZ

its funny because their relevance changes, like Britney has lost most of her appeal to me.

1. GaGa, because she is wildly talented and changes it up

2. Beyonce because shes been in the game a long time now and she continues to push the bar higher.

those other two I dont see it as much, Rihanna isnt this great talent, she had a lot of great songs written for her but she's lost right now

It's hard to give Brit any credit when she hasn't done anything worth crediting since 2007 and since she was always moulded as the White Janet but with less talent.

Gaga had tremendous amounts of impact when she debuted but she quickly fell off too.But Nicki/Katy and their wacky costumes etc always felt like they came as a way to outdo Gaga. She really shook up the pop world in 2009/2010. 

It's between Rih and Bey for #1. I would say Beyonce edges over Rih since her releases always seem like an event these days.. Her last album changed the album release dates. But Rih has her over on fashion impact.

Edited by Dammn Bu

It's hard to give Brit any credit when she hasn't done anything worth crediting since 2007 and since she was always moulded as the White Janet but with less talent.

Gaga had tremendous amounts of impact when she debuted but she quickly fell off too.But Nicki/Katy and their wacky costumes etc always felt like they came as a way to outdo Gaga. She really shook up the pop world in 2009/2010. 

It's between Rih and Bey for #1. I would say Beyonce edges over Rih since her releases always seem like an event these days.. Her last album changed the album release dates. But Rih has her over on fashion impact.

But who has Rihanna really impacted besides being a fashion icon? Gaga changed the face of pop music and Beyonce is now a cultural force as well as a musical one. 

Britney had her day. So I think she edged out Rihanna but her impact was very specific. Basically the army of Britney clones she spawned. Also I think Blackout was pretty influential. 

• Upvote 1

But who has Rihanna really impacted besides being a fashion icon? Gaga changed the face of pop music and Beyonce is now a cultural force as well as a musical one. 

Britney had her day. So I think she edged out Rihanna but her impact was very specific. Basically the army of Britney clones she spawned. Also I think Blackout was pretty influential. 

Maybe I'm wrong but I feel like when Rihanna works with some, people go running to them. Sia, Calvin, Future etc. Granted other people have worked with them before but their resume, to me, became heavier after Rihanna worked with them. Maybe I'm wrong and missing something but it's just an observation. Is that impact? 

Your "assessment" seems to be based solely on RIGHT NOW in time. The question was meant to be presented from an OVERALL standpoint. Its no doubt that Beyonce is the front runner right now but when Britney was at her highest...did it equal to Beyonce's or not? Even Gaga seemed to dominate like no other (not even Beyonce) culturally some years ago. Whose overall impact is the greatest during their active careers 

:asham: Sorry.. Gaga hasn't been relevant for quite some time. She still has a following but fArtPop really hurt her 

I didn't know winning a golden globe and being nominated for an Oscar was considered not relevant :coffee: 

• Upvote 2