Rank Greatest impact on POP CULTURE to least

janetDAYZ

• 4 weeks later...

I really don't get the Britney praise....to me she's all gimmick.  There's never been any substance with her musically or inspirationally. Britney to me is simply a go to for the "girls" looking for any reason to loose their shit over.  Britney is a doll pretty much. 

I would say: 

1) Beyonce/Gaga (though I prefer Gaga only because she truly evolved in such a little time and her videos are more than a visual, they are stories that take you through a journey and I respect her talent so much! Beyonce is highly over produced.  

2) Britney for miss congeniality (though not my cup tea) 

3) Rihanna cause she's a bad ass. 

• Upvote 3

Britney's impact is greatly overrated. Her heyday only lasted 3 years. She was done by 2004. 

Rihanna is just a model with a microphone.

Gaga and Beyonce have the greatest impact on pop culture. Gaga singlehandedly brought back the greatness of music videos and a fashion superstar. Beyonce is a given. 

• Upvote 2

Britney's impact is greatly overrated. Her heyday only lasted 3 years. She was done by 2004. 

Rihanna is just a model with a microphone.

Gaga and Beyonce have the greatest impact on pop culture. Gaga singlehandedly brought back the greatness of music videos and a fashion superstar. Beyonce is a given. 

:wub: 

Some of y'all are discounting Gaga's impact because she hasn't stayed on the pop MUSIC scene as hard core as others.  However, the woman's impact has been all over the damn place:

Since 2011 after her initial take-over during The Fame / Fame Monster:

1) "Born this Way" becomes an anthem for the gay rights movement (with or without the stupid Express Yourself controversy), and really still is today.

2)  Appears on Tony Bennett's Duets album, and then goes on to RECORD AN ENTIRE JAZZ ALBUM WITH HIM, WINNING A GRAMMY FOR IT. (who does that?)

3)  Turns in absolutely show-stopping Oscars performance doing a Sound of Music tribute (again, who in pop music does that, and well???)

4)  Stars in American Horror Story: Hotel....and wins the damn Golden Globe for it.  

5) Turns in one of the most iconic super bowl performances of The Star Spangled Banner of all time

6) RETURNS the Oscars stage to turn in yet another show-stopping and moving performance in tribute to college campus rape victims

7) Announces new album with Marc Ronson as its main producer - the buzz is real

8) Announced to be starring in and writing music for a re-make of the iconic Barbra Streisand movie, "A Star is Born"

So, regardless of how Art Pop was panned (she was primed for backlash), she has consistently reinvented herself in ways that other pop stars could never dream of doing.  That's REAL pop culture impact in my opinion.  I honestly think she's pretty limitless in the directions she can go.  

Edited by JJATL
  • Upvote 3

Some of y'all are discounting Gaga's impact because she hasn't stayed on the pop MUSIC scene as hard core as others.  However, the woman's impact has been all over the damn place:

Since 2011 after her initial take-over during The Fame / Fame Monster:

1) "Born this Way" becomes an anthem for the gay rights movement (with or without the stupid Express Yourself controversy), and really still is today.

2)  Appears on Tony Bennett's Duets album, and then goes on to RECORD AN ENTIRE JAZZ ALBUM WITH HIM, WINNING A GRAMMY FOR IT. (who does that?)

3)  Turns in absolutely show-stopping Oscars performance doing a Sound of Music tribute (again, who in pop music does that, and well???)

4)  Stars in American Horror Story: Hotel....and wins the damn Golden Globe for it.  

5) Turns in one of the most iconic super bowl performances of The Star Spangled Banner of all time

6) RETURNS the Oscars stage to turn in yet another show-stopping and moving performance in tribute to college campus rape victims

7) Announces new album with Marc Ronson as its main producer - the buzz is real

8) Announced to be starring in and writing music for a re-make of the iconic Barbra Streisand movie, "A Star is Born"

So, regardless of how Art Pop was panned (she was primed for backlash), she has consistently reinvented herself in ways that other pop stars could never dream of doing.  That's REAL pop culture impact in my opinion.  I honestly think she's pretty limitless in the directions she can go.  

:wub: 

• 2 weeks later...