Ya'll Ready To Admit I Was Right About Everything?

Mr. Wonder

]Again, this is a fabrication. UKMix even broke down tours, and I extrapolated the information from a more valid source: 

Comment from the thread I linked. In fact, the very FIRST comment in that thread. 

Untitled119-vi.gif

It's stuff like this that people need to see, and Janet's team needs to put out so folks can stop underestimating this woman. :sigh:

And did your calculations come from KNOWN dates? Because there are a some dates from the RN1814 Tour that people don't know about. 

In fact, you never questioned the receipts at any point in that thread.  To refresh your memory:  http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/4166-an-in-depth-look-at-janet-jacksons-tour-history-over-the-years/#   

Another interesting fact, the same tour stats from the thread I linked, are posted in that UKmix thread. Surprisingly (because I know what UKmix gives) No one questioned them. In fact, it is among the last posts in that particular thread. 

Speaking of UKMIX, It can't be same the UKMIX forum where they have had serious debates about whether Rhythm Nation really moved 14 million copies? That doubts the janet. album moved 20 million units.The same forum that has questioned the 140 million records sold receipt?  Which even calls into question your own receipts. That forum? 

As with Control's Grammy, it's only an issue now, because of your personal issue with me. That's fine. BTW, if you don't remember, the Blueprint video was originally released in three parts. YEARS apart. The Control Grammy fact was in part one. You could've easily corrected me at any point. I even made some changes to the video before combining the three parts and uploading it as one complete video. You didn't have a personal issue with me then. Your ego wasn't bruised then. 

Then what was the point of mentioning Madonna? That had ZERO relevance. Maybe if you weren't so pressed and hell bent on showing that Janet is "better" than Madonna, then you'd understand where I'm coming from. If you wanted to explain why Janet playing the Gelredome was important, you could have said something to the tune of, "Janet sold out the Gelredome, a then 26,000 capacity stadium in Europe, which stands as a testament of Janet's international appeal because Black artists prior to Janet were not afforded these opportunities as their sound hadn't gained worldwide acceptance, and/or had Janet's level of international appeal. Janet sold out this stadium on the strength of her unique blend of R&B and Dance music, which was uncommon at the time, in a Euro-Dance-Pop dominated market. Janet introduced the native people of the continent to a new sound, and for Janet to be Black AND female and selling out stadiums in a male dominated industry makes this achievement even more noteworthy.". Saying "Madonna followed" just makes you look pressed.

I said Madonna AND Tina Turner followed Janet playing dates at that stadium, because they did.  Am I saying Janet is better than Tina, or did I simply use that fact to point out Janet did it first, and was playing stadiums outside the states?  Thereby showing just how much of dominate figure she was as a touring act. 

You can't break down the facts because the video lacked a lot of accurate information. Your video stated Janet was the first artist to have a #1 in three separate decades. She didn't Lamont. She didn't. Billboard even did a whole article on it - http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/473073/ask-billboard-britney-spears-3-decades-of-no-1s. Your video also stated Janet added 4 additional dates for Tokyo Dome. She didn't Lamont, that's just a flat out lie. There were 4 dates total, not 8. And you claim the capacity was 55,000? It wasn't. The accurate information is in the press release: 

"The first international shows were in Japan, where she sold out the Tokyo Dome (48,000 capacity)  with four shows in seven minutes, creating the record for the fastest sell  out in the history of the Tokyo Dome."

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/janet-jackson-announces-rock-witchu-tour-57277207.html

Your video was just simply a visual representation of the Sales and Charts threads. You didn't even explain why her accomplishments are significant.This is why I said your video isn't effective. It doesn't explain what Janet's successes represents and there's no true analysis of her career. 

You're so blinded by your issues with me that you can't even quote the video correctly. 

The video says, and I quote, "The first international date of the Rhythm Nation tour took place at the 55,000 seat Tokyo Dome stadium. The stadium sold out in a record 7 minutes. Four more dates were added, which also sold out."

What in that claims she sold out eight dates at that stadium? None. 

ALSO...

"The seating capacity of the Tokyo Dome ranges from 55,000-71,000 depending on the set up"  

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/194297/20150420/exo-tokyo-dome-concert.htm

Capacity (concerts): 70,000 people

http://www.japanconcerttickets.com/venues/tokyo-dome/ 

From the Tokyo Dome website | Capacity 55,000 persons

https://www.tokyo-dome.co.jp/e/dome/architectural.html 

Even in this instance there are different sources, with various receipts. Do we trust your receipts or mine? Hence, whether you personally agree with these stats, that doesn't negate their inclusion. 

Janet team's went with 140 Million sold for years leading up to 2016 (After abandoning the 100 Million records sold claim). Did Janet suddenly sell 40 million more records to reach 140 million? Did she sell another 20 million to reach 160 million claim they use now? No. They discovered she's actually sold more. Perhaps that's where the update from 14 million to 18 million copies for RN comes from. Point being, sometimes delving deeper produces different receipts.

However, one receipt doesn't negate the other. A healthy debate is fine. There is a difference between that, and actively trying to destroy the credibility of this project because YOUR ego is bruised, we didn't use the receipts YOU prefer, and whatever issues we have. That is just petty, and beneath you. 

BTW, we've all used the receipt that Janet is the first artist to have a  #1 single in three separate decades. Including you. Another fact that I used in the Blueprint video. Not including that she was the first to do it for the 80's - 2000s decades is arguing semantics, because the point remains she was the first to do it.

Edited by ThatOtherFan
  • Upvote 1

Comment from the thread I linked. In fact, the very FIRST comment in that thread. 

In fact, you never questioned the receipts at any point in that thread.  To refresh your memory:  http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/4166-an-in-depth-look-at-janet-jacksons-tour-history-over-the-years/#   

Another interesting fact, the same tour stats from the thread I linked, are posted in that UKmix thread. Surprisingly (because I know what UKmix gives) No one questioned them. In fact, it is among the last posts in that particular thread. 

Speaking of UKMIX, It can't be same the UKMIX forum where they have had serious debates about whether Rhythm Nation really moved 14 million copies? That doubts the janet. album moved 20 million units.The same forum that has questioned the 140 million records sold receipt?  Which even calls into question your own receipts. That forum? 

As with Control's Grammy, it's only an issue now, because of your personal issue with me. That's fine. BTW, if you don't remember, the Blueprint video was originally released in three parts. YEARS apart. The Control Grammy fact was in part one. You could've easily corrected me at any point. I even made some changes to the video before combining the three parts and uploading it as one complete video. You didn't have a personal issue with me then. Your ego wasn't bruised then. 

I said Madonna AND Tina Turner followed Janet playing dates at that stadium, because they did.  Am I saying Janet is better than Tina, or did I simply use that fact to point out Janet did it first, and was playing stadiums outside the states?  Thereby showing just how much of dominate figure she was as a touring act. 

You're so blinded by your issues with me that you can't even quote the video correctly. 

The video says, and I quote, "The first international date of the Rhythm Nation tour took place at the 55,000 seat Tokyo Dome stadium. The stadium sold out in a record 7 minutes. Four more dates were added, which also sold out."

ALSO...

"The seating capacity of the Tokyo Dome ranges from 55,000-71,000 depending on the set up"  

From the Tokyo Dome website | Capacity 55,000 persons

Even in this instance there are different sources, with various receipts. Do we trust your receipts or mine? Hence, whether you personally agree with these stats, that doesn't negate their inclusion. 

Janet team's went with 140 Million sold for years leading up to 2016 (After abandoning the 100 Million records sold claim). Did Janet suddenly sell 40 million more records to reach 140 million? Did she sell another 20 million to reach 160 million claim they use now? No. They discovered she's actually sold more. Perhaps that's where the update from 14 million to 18 million copies for RN comes from. Point being, sometimes delving deeper produces different receipts.

However, one receipt doesn't negate the other. A healthy debate is fine. There is a difference between that, and actively trying to destroy the credibility of this project because YOUR ego is bruised, we didn't use the receipts YOU prefer, and whatever issues we have. That is just petty, and beneath you. 

BTW, we've all used the receipt that Janet is the first artist to have a  #1 single in three separate decades. Including you. Another fact that I used in the Blueprint video. Not including that she was the first to do it for the 80's - 2000s decades is arguing semantics, because the point remains she was the first to do it.

can't nobody tell me that Rhythm Nation only sold 14 million. i'm sure it's sold more than that

• Upvote 1

" Another fellow Witness posted Janet's tour information, but some of those numbers just seem a bit too high for me to feel comfortable." 

http://atrl.net/?p=18684856

Thank you.

That's because it was posted by the same person. :lmao: 

Also, did you read that thread? "According to "Billboard Boxscore," she sold nearly 2 million tickets to 161 shows and grossed $94 million between 1993 and 2002." http://www.reuters.com/article/music-janet-dc-idUSN1919838320080521  Unless RN1814, #1s, RWU, & UB sold 6 million tickets, then your claim that Janet sold 8 million tickets is invalidated. Once again, fabricated.  

Speaking of UKMIX, It can't be same the UKMIX forum where they have had serious debates about whether Rhythm Nation really moved 14 million copies? That doubts the janet. album moved 20 million units.The same forum that has questioned the 140 million records sold receipt?  Which even calls into question your own receipts. That forum? 

As with Control's Grammy, it's only an issue now, because of your personal issue with me. That's fine. BTW, if you don't remember, the Blueprint video was originally released in three parts. YEARS apart. The Control Grammy fact was in part one. You could've easily corrected me at any point. I even made some changes to the video before combining the three parts and uploading it as one complete video. You didn't have a personal issue with me then. Your ego wasn't bruised then.

UKmix is more reliable as their users have direct access to Soundscan. Not to mention, some of the information that is on there was also posted on MJJCharts (back when it was up). The figures tie in nicely with one another, and the margin of error between two different sources is negligible. And they question all stats posted. They even contest Madonna's Immaculate Collection selling 30 million.

I, personally, don't have an issue with you. What my issue is remains that you're fabricating Janet's career to make her appear better. Her stats are good enough on their own merit. I just think if you're going to make a video, it should be backed by information with VALID sources. Not sources like EW saying RN1814 sold 18 million, when Janet's own label said 14mil. Again, who's figures do you think are more valid? Would you rather me tell you your stats are inaccurate, or be laughed at by the HOF committee? And when you're wrong, it makes us look bad.

I said Madonna AND Tina Turner followed Janet playing dates at that stadium, because they did.  Am I saying Janet is better than Tina, or did I simply use that fact to point out Janet did it first, and was playing stadiums outside the states?  Thereby showing just how much of dominate figure she was as a touring act.

There was no point in mentioning them AT ALL. You were pressed, just call it what it is. :lol: I know you were pressed because every one of your videos takes a cheap shot at Madonna or Beyonce, and you took advantage of this opportunity to do so. Showing how much of a touring force Janet was would have been covered by what I said you could've said in my previous post. :lol: And let's just say you wanted to show how much of a touring force Janet was, you could have said something to the tune of "following the success of Janet's sold out show at the Gelredome, the stadium continued to be a regular pit stop for Pop music's biggest touring acts."

ALSO...

From the Tokyo Dome website | Capacity 55,000 persons

Even in this instance there are different sources, with various receipts. Do we trust your receipts or mine? Hence, whether you personally agree with these stats, that doesn't negate their inclusion.

But Lamont, the press release from Janet's own label says 48,000. Why try to negate it? Sure the capacity of the Dome is 55k but all 55k weren't available because Janet used an end stage set up, and didn't have an "open floor":

30lfozb.jpgfanfhx.jpg

And I must've misheard the video. But it's still in accurate. Janet didn't add more dates due to the sell out, they were all added at once. And four more dates couldn't have been added cuz there were only four dates in total.

Janet team's went with 140 Million sold for years leading up to 2016 (After abandoning the 100 Million records sold claim). Did Janet suddenly sell 40 million more records to reach 140 million? Did she sell another 20 million to reach 160 million claim they use now? No. They discovered she's actually sold more. Perhaps that's where the update from 14 million to 18 million copies for RN comes from. Point being, sometimes delving deeper produces different receipts.

Okay, but did JANET'S TEAM confirm this? No, they did not. 

However, one receipt doesn't negate the other. A healthy debate is fine. There is a difference between that, and actively trying to destroy the credibility of this project because YOUR ego is bruised, we didn't use the receipts YOU prefer, and whatever issues we have. That is just petty, and beneath you.

I'm not trying to destroy this project. And as you said, we've known each other for almost a decade, and you know I like to be right. And I just want you to be right so that you can't be challenged. That's all I ask.

BTW, we've all used the receipt that Janet is the first artist to have a  #1 single in three separate decades. Including you. Another fact that I used in the Blueprint video. Not including that she was the first to do it for the 80's - 2000s decades is arguing semantics, because the point remains she was the first to do it.

Yes, but when I used the receipt, I used it PROPERLY.

Had you said she was the first artist to have a #1 in the 80s, 90s, and 00s, you'd be right. But that's not what you said, and therein lies my issues. You can call this a boost of my ego, or whatever you want. At the end of the day, you're still wrong. Again, JUST BE RIGHT. Is that too much to ask?

• Upvote 1

I have an idea, why don't you work together on the next one. :wub: You are both very passionate about Janet's legacy and I think you should both be putting your powers to good use by complimenting one another's. For example, Austin may always be "right" but it's Lamont who can bring those facts to life with his video skills. ^_^

You complete each other and I think you owe it to JANET to make peace and work together to make something great(er) in her honor. :blush: 

• Upvote 6

UKmix is more reliable as their users have direct access to Soundscan. Not to mention, some of the information that is on there was also posted on MJJCharts (back when it was up). The figures tie in nicely with one another, and the margin of error between two different sources is negligible. And they question all stats posted. They even contest Madonna's Immaculate Collection selling 30 million.

I, personally, don't have an issue with you. What my issue is remains that you're fabricating Janet's career to make her appear better. Her stats are good enough on their own merit. I just think if you're going to make a video, it should be backed by information with VALID sources. Not sources like EW saying RN1814 sold 18 million, when Janet's own label said 14mil. Again, who's figures do you think are more valid? Would you rather me tell you your stats are inaccurate, or be laughed at by the HOF committee? And when you're wrong, it makes us look bad.

That's all that matters. By the way I don't believe Madonna's Immaculate sold 30 million either. I know Janet's label said that way back in 97 that Rhythm Nation sold 14 million but Virgin was her label then. I doubt they were keeping up with her sales from A&M. I'm sure they got that figure from Billboard so who knows how much it's really sold since then. It could be a million or 2 higher than 14.

" Another fellow Witness posted Janet's tour information, but some of those numbers just seem a bit too high for me to feel comfortable." 

http://atrl.net/?p=18684856

Thank you.

That's because it was posted by the same person. :lmao: 

Also, did you read that thread? "According to "Billboard Boxscore," she sold nearly 2 million tickets to 161 shows and grossed $94 million between 1993 and 2002."http://www.reuters.com/article/music-janet-dc-idUSN1919838320080521  Unless RN1814, #1s, RWU, & UB sold 6 million tickets, then your claim that Janet sold 8 million tickets is invalidated. Once again, fabricated.  

You never brought up any issue you had in the original thread. Also, it wasn't challenged by you (or anyone else) in that UKmix thread that you are sourcing. So, what exactly is your primary source? 

There are a multitude of issues here.

The All For You Tour grossed $55 million (According to your receipts). That would mean she earned over half of her entire touring gross from just the AFY tour?  Does Billboard Boxscore only cover North American dates or worldwide? If it's worldwide, even according to YOUR receipts Janet performed 312 shows with the janet, VR, and AFY tours. If it's just the North American dates, like most artists, the majority of her dates (over half) are usually in North America  She would have more than 161 dates with just her North American dates (She performed 68 shows in the US for just the AFY tour alone). If she only sold 2 million tickets for those three tours, she would be averaging less than 700,000 attendance per those tour. Her overall attendance was higher for just the AFY dates. I mean, higher than the 700,000 average. That means, even less people attended the janet. and VR tours.

BTW, your receipt has Janet grossing $256 million (without inflation). The link I'm quoting gauges it at $315 million. Janet's team released figures of $458 million (without inflation). Forbes never contested that figure, They just said she wasn't a billionaire. Obviously, Janet did better than the receipts either one of us are using. Hence, we can disagree, but that doesn't negate the receipts we used, and it doesn't give you the right to attempt to destroy the credibility of our work. 

There was no point in mentioning them AT ALL. You were pressed, just call it what it is. :lol: I know you were pressed because every one of your videos takes a cheap shot at Madonna or Beyonce, and you took advantage of this opportunity to do so. Showing how much of a touring force Janet was would have been covered by what I said you could've said in my previous post. :lol: And let's just say you wanted to show how much of a touring force Janet was, you could have said something to the tune of "following the success of Janet's sold out show at the Gelredome, the stadium continued to be a regular pit stop for Pop music's biggest touring acts."

In some instances, we also quote facts showing that she did better than Michael, and he is my favorite artist other than Janet. Making comparisons to show what Janet accomplished and to educate is just that. 

But Lamont, the press release from Janet's own label says 48,000. Why try to negate it? Sure the capacity of the Dome is 55k but all 55k weren't available because Janet used an end stage set up, and didn't have an "open floor":

And I must've misheard the video. But it's still in accurate. Janet didn't add more dates due to the sell out, they were all added at once. And four more dates couldn't have been added cuz there were only four dates in total.

You misheard the video because you were insistent upon finding any and every single "inaccuracy" to discredit the work we did. 

Also, I'm not negating Janet's press release, but as with the example I made about Janet's overall album sales (100m, then 140m, and now 160m), further investigation sometimes reveals something different. 

The Tokyo Dome official site says it's capacity is 55,000. It doesn't give information based on stage set up. In fact, the other articles I quoted lists over 70,000 being the maximum capacity based on stage configuration. Which points to 55,000 capacity being the lowest possible. 

Okay, but did JANET'S TEAM confirm this? No, they did not. 

Did Janet's team give a breakdown of the additional 20 million records (that exceed even your calculations) of her total sales?  No, they did not.

However, some sources have confirmed 18 million copies sold for RN. That's what we went with. 

Had you said she was the first artist to have a #1 in the 80s, 90s, and 00s, you'd be right. But that's not what you said, and therein lies my issues. You can call this a boost of my ego, or whatever you want. At the end of the day, you're still wrong. Again, JUST BE RIGHT. Is that too much to ask?

That's arguing semantics. She was still the first to do it, regardless. Which is what was included in the video. If that was one of your few "complaints" or issues with the video, I could understand, but you attempted to destroy the credibility of nearly half the video because of your own bruised ego. 

But I don't answer to you. Call me what you like love. I don't care. Bye bitch!

but you wish you were a bitch like me dont you? all yall messy queens need to go get some dick and stop crying over a 50 year old legendary artitst who is enjoying her life as a wife and expectant mother. 

• Upvote 1

but you wish you were a bitch like me dont you? all yall messy queens need to go get some dick and stop crying over a 50 year old legendary artitst who is enjoying her life as a wife and expectant mother. 

!!! I need me a V/D right now. 

Edited by Dammn Bu

The reality is that some "fans" who wanted Janet to promote Unbreakable are upset and retaliating against her because they are angry she didn't fall thru with the plan of this entire era.

Other fans are unbothered by those fans because they most likely don't care and were happy that we finally got music.

While others have just given up on Janet.

Once again, this fanbase has been in shambles since 20 y.o. and has gotten worse.  Who's to blame?

photo giphy_zpsyfvpqt7f.gif

Since we don't have the Leprechaun around anymore i'm gonna blame Gil. 
15czl3s.jpg

• Upvote 5

You never brought up any issue you had in the original thread. Also, it wasn't challenged by you (or anyone else) in that UKmix thread that you are sourcing. So, what exactly is your primary source? 

I actually did. I questioned him a few times on Twitter after he had posted it. I was even skeptical in that thread. When he told me he just asked ppl who went to the show, that's when I kinda tossed his stats aside. 

The All For You Tour grossed $55 million (According to your receipts). That would mean she earned over half of her entire touring gross from just the AFY tour?  Does Billboard Boxscore only cover North American dates or worldwide? If it's worldwide, even according to YOUR receipts Janet performed 312 shows with the janet, VR, and AFY tours. If it's just the North American dates, like most artists, the majority of her dates (over half) are usually in North America  She would have more than 161 dates with just her North American dates (She performed 68 shows in the US for just the AFY tour alone). If she only sold 2 million tickets for those three tours, she would be averaging less than 700,000 attendance per those tour. Her overall attendance was higher for just the AFY dates. I mean, higher than the 700,000 average. That means, even less people attended the janet. and VR tours.

BTW, your receipt has Janet grossing $256 million (without inflation). The link I'm quoting gauges it at $315 million. Janet's team released figures of $458 million (without inflation). Forbes never contested that figure, They just said she wasn't a billionaire. Obviously, Janet did better than the receipts either one of us are using. Hence, we can disagree, but that doesn't negate the receipts we used, and it doesn't give you the right to attempt to destroy the credibility of our work.

Billboard boxscore is based on reported dates, and all of the dates for each tour between '93 and '02 weren't reported. That's why the gross is $93 million, based on the Reuters article. And your video, when you adjust for inflation, has Janet at about $1b in tour gross. That's almost twice what was reported in the Variety article. That's a complete fabrication Lamont. :lol: Again, I like a bitch that's right, and had you been right, I wouldn't have said a word.

In some instances, we also quote facts showing that she did better than Michael, and he is my favorite artist other than Janet. Making comparisons to show what Janet accomplished and to educate is just that.

You mentioned Madonna cuz you were pressed boo. Just admit it. :lol: In fact, there's no need to mention any other artists. You can gage and translate Janet's popularity, appeal, etc without mentioning others, as I've done for you in my two examples. Keep the focus on Janet. 

You misheard the video because you were insistent upon finding any and every single "inaccuracy" to discredit the work we did. 

Also, I'm not negating Janet's press release, but as with the example I made about Janet's overall album sales (100m, then 140m, and now 160m), further investigation sometimes reveals something different. 

The Tokyo Dome official site says it's capacity is 55,000. It doesn't give information based on stage set up. In fact, the other articles I quoted lists over 70,000 being the maximum capacity based on stage configuration. Which points to 55,000 capacity being the lowest possible.

But what do you have to substantiate that 55k ppl were in attendance for Janet's Tokyo Dome shows? 

Did Janet's team give a breakdown of the additional 20 million records (that exceed even your calculations) of her total sales?  No, they did not.

However, some sources have confirmed 18 million copies sold for RN. That's what we went with.

You went with a third party source. :lol: Where do you think these news articles get their receipts - from stans. :lmao: 140 to 160 isn't much when you're including albums, singles, and videos. 14 to 18 when you're just talking about pure album sales? Come on Lamont, you're better than that. <_< 

That's arguing semantics. She was still the first to do it, regardless. Which is what was included in the video. If that was one of your few "complaints" or issues with the video, I could understand, but you attempted to destroy the credibility of nearly half the video because of your own bruised ego. 

This isn't arguing semantics. :lmao: Arguing semantics is saying "Jolly Saint Nick" versus saying "Santa Claus". "Janet was the first artist to have a #1 in three separate decades", and "Janet was the first female artist to have a #1 in three separate decades" are two completely different statements, and you know this. :lmao: 

And if the video had 100 facts, and I only found 35 of them, that means you got 65 correct. Bravo. 

Again, JUST BE RIGHT.

I actually did. I questioned him a few times on Twitter after he had posted it. I was even skeptical in that thread. When he told me he just asked ppl who went to the show, that's when I kinda tossed his stats aside. 

You didn't express any skepticism in that thread. Any questions you had related more so to do with the Number Ones Tours (Which was going on at the time) and trying to gauge figures for that. That's it. 

Billboard boxscore is based on reported dates, and all of the dates for each tour between '93 and '02 weren't reported. That's why the gross is $93 million, based on the Reuters article. And your video, when you adjust for inflation, has Janet at about $1b in tour gross. That's almost twice what was reported in the Variety article. That's a complete fabrication Lamont. :lol: Again, I like a bitch that's right, and had you been right, I wouldn't have said a word.

Which is the point.

Rhythm Nation isn't included, and over half the dates from the janet. - AFY tours are missing. Literally, millions of tickets aren't accounted for. Were most of the reported dates from the AFY era (Which has most of the available box off data from those three tours)? If so, Janet played some of her biggest venues with the janet and VR tours. Multiple 30-50,000 seat venues could be missing from the reported data. It's all guestimate work, because Janet's team chose not to report the majority of her tour dates. 

BTW, the Vanity article reported actual overall touring revenue, not figures based on inflation (Again, even Forbes didn't counter that). The original figures I linked were off by $100 million from the Vanity stats, and your figures are off by over $200 million. Meaning, Janet did better than either calculation, excluding inflation. 

But what do you have to substantiate that 55k ppl were in attendance for Janet's Tokyo Dome shows? 

The 2008 press release mentions the capacity of the stadium itself. - The first international
 shows were in Japan, where she sold out the Tokyo Dome (48,000 capacity)
- Not people in attendance. Which exactly how we worded it in the video, with the actual capacity of the venue (From the Tokyo Dome site). 

BTW, 55,000 is the capacity for the end stage configuration. The venue can hold 60-70,000 with the open floor stage set up. 

As with the example I made about Janet's overall album sales, further investigation sometimes reveals something different. 

Even in that press release, Janet's team quotes the 100 million total that they were using at that time There's no way she sold 60 million records since 2008. Meaning her team researched and updated stats when necessary. 

You went with a third party source. :lol: Where do you think these news articles get their receipts - from stans. :lmao: 140 to 160 isn't much when you're including albums, singles, and videos. 14 to 18 when you're just talking about pure album sales? Come on Lamont, you're better than that. <_<

Do you have the official  break down of the 160M tally? If not, I have to go with the sources that say RN's updated tally is nearly 20 million world wide. 

This isn't arguing semantics. :lmao: Arguing semantics is saying "Jolly Saint Nick" versus saying "Santa Claus". "Janet was the first artist to have a #1 in three separate decades", and "Janet was the first female artist to have a #1 in three separate decades" are two completely different statements, and you know this. :lmao: 

And if the video had 100 facts, and I only found 35 of them, that means you got 65 correct. Bravo. 

Again, JUST BE RIGHT.

Yes, it is arguing semantics, because she was the first artist to do in the decades mentioned, regardless. It's only an issue now, because you're nitpicking to satisfy your own ego. Everything you've mentioned have been things we simply disagree on, and that's fine. 

You're picking at any and every "inaccuracy" (even things you misread and/or misheard) to make yourself feel better. I get it. I'm not going to let you belittle this project for the sake of your ego, though. 

Edited by ThatOtherFan
  • Upvote 1

Since we don't have the Leprechaun around anymore i'm gonna blame Gil. 15czl3s.jpg

LOL gurl what did I miss.  The last few days msboz has been away from everything recovering from a lil procedure (liposuction)   Yasss henny she sho did!   And to top it off, my adorable baby boston terrier Bruno done dunked my phone in his water bowl saturday night.  Thankfully I have insurance and the damn phone should be coming in tonight or tomorrow.  Plus I'm high on all these percocets I cant bare to read all this mess hardly even type.  Whats going on? Is ms game gone again? 

You didn't express any skepticism in that thread. Any questions you had related more so to do with the Number Ones Tours (Which was going on at the time) and trying to gauge figures for that. That's it. 

Which is the point.

This is irrelevant, I already gave you proof I didn't like his numbers after I actually analyzed them. I became skeptical after I talked to IDragForMJ on Twitter a few weeks after he posted that. 

Rhythm Nation isn't included, and over half the dates from the janet. - AFY tours are missing. Literally, millions of tickets aren't accounted for. Were most of the reported dates from the AFY era (Which has most of the available box off data from those three tours)? If so, Janet played some of her biggest venues with the janet and VR tours. Multiple 30-50,000 seat venues could be missing from the reported data. It's all guestimate work, because Janet's team chose not to report the majority of her tour dates. 

BTW, the Vanity article reported actual overall touring revenue, not figures based on inflation (Again, even Forbes didn't counter that). The original figures I linked were off by $100 million from the Vanity stats, and your figures are off by over $200 million. Meaning, Janet did better than either calculation, excluding inflation.

Janet didn't sell 8 million concert tickets and you know it. There aren't millions of tickets unaccounted for. And Janet wasn't playing to 30k-50k per show during RN - TVR. She only had maybe a handful of stadiums on each of those tours, everything else was arenas 12k - 15k. Again, why fabricate? It just makes us look bad when someone actually facts checks these stats. 

The 2008 press release mentions the capacity of the stadium itself. - The first international
 shows were in Japan, where she sold out the Tokyo Dome (48,000 capacity)
 - Not people in attendance. Which exactly how we worded it in the video, with the actual capacity of the venue (From the Tokyo Dome site). 

BTW, 55,000 is the capacity for the end stage configuration. The venue can hold 60-70,000 with the open floor stage set up. 

As with the example I made about Janet's overall album sales, further investigation sometimes reveals something different. 

Even in that press release, Janet's team quotes the 100 million total that they were using at that time There's no way she sold 60 million records since 2008. Meaning her team researched and updated stats when necessary.

The press release says 48,000 because that's the amount of attendees that were at each of the four shows. The capacity at that time wasn't 55,000. 

"The Tyson-Tubbs bout will be the first heavyweight championship fight in Japan in 15 years and in the land of the gargantuan sumo wrestler, big time boxing is a larger draw than ever. The fight is expected to sellout the new 50,000-seat Tokyo Dome." March 13, 1988.

http://articles.latimes.com/1988-03-13/sports/sp-1774_1_mike-tyson

• Total attendance at Tokyo Dome: over 650,000
(7 consecutive Tokyo Dome shows including the first Tokyo Dome show in 1991, and the first 3-day concerts at Tokyo Dome in 1992 – total 13 shows)"

650,000 ÷ 13 = 50,000

http://www.thaiticketmajor.com/concert/x_japan09_bio_eng.htm 

This figure ties in nicely with the press release of 48k, when you use the end stage. It's better to use this because you have something to substantiate your claim. 

Do you have the official  break down of the 160M tally? If not, I have to go with the sources that say RN's updated tally is nearly 20 million world wide.

Janet's team didn't give an office breakdown, but the sales thread has the figure of 134 million. That's only 26 million off from 160mil, which is plausible. Janet's team never said anything about 18 million, and the EW article doesn't elude to them getting that number from her team. 

Yes, it is arguing semantics, because she was the first artist to do in the decades mentioned, regardless. It's only an issue now, because you're nitpicking to satisfy your own ego. Everything you've mentioned have been things we simply disagree on, and that's fine.

Your video mentions nothing about decades.

2iji2om.jpg

jgp2x1.jpg

If Stevie Wonder had a #1 in the 60s, 70s, and 80s, and Elton and MJ had #1s in the 70s, 80s, and 90s, and Janet had #1s in the 80s, 90s, and 00s, wouldn't that make Janet the FOURTH artist (and first female) to have a #1 in 3 separate decades? 

You're picking at any and every "inaccuracy" (even things you misread and/or misheard) to make yourself feel better. I get it. I'm not going to let you belittle this project for the sake of your ego, though.

And you need to own up to the fact that some of your shit is just flat out wrong, fabricated, or both. Had it been someone else saying this, you wouldn't have such a problem with it.

I have an idea, why don't you work together on the next one. :wub: You are both very passionate about Janet's legacy and I think you should both be putting your powers to good use by complimenting one another's. For example, Austin may always be "right" but it's Lamont who can bring those facts to life with his video skills. ^_^

You complete each other and I think you owe it to JANET to make peace and work together to make something great(er) in her honor. :blush: 

It would be the best Janet video he's ever made. 

tumblr_mv6o65OYSP1rwcb8xo1_400.gif

• 2 weeks later...