"JUSTICE LEAGUE" trailer!!!! ? OMG OMG OMG OMG!!

Dal

How do people still get excited by this shit... there's like 5 of these movies every year and the only good one so far was Iron Man

The one liners are so bad - do you actually laugh at them or cringe?

um...what

giphy_zpswux5z2bh.gif

Sure, Iron Man was amazing but that came out in 2008 and you think that's the only good one..?

So far??

no..

any and every opinion on comic/superhero films you may ever have, from here on out, shall be deemed null and void..

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hmm.  Not sure I am here for how they have Barry acting.  He is supposed to be a smart C.S.I. not a friendless loser.  But whatever.

the foundation of his character is that he's a forensics scientist.. and with all the equipment he had in his place, he seemed pretty smart to me.. And Barry Allen has always been pretty awkward.. Seems pretty faithful to the original material to me..

the foundation of his character is that he's a forensics scientist.. and with all the equipment he had in his place, he seemed pretty smart to me.. And Barry Allen has always been pretty awkward.. Seems pretty faithful to the original material to me..

Barry isn't friendless, he seemed to be acting more like a Wally than Barry.  Awkward yes but from the clip it seemed like he was desperate to have any friends at all.  If he was playing Wally I wouldn't be questioning it really.

um...what

giphy_zpswux5z2bh.gif

Sure, Iron Man was amazing but that came out in 2008 and you think that's the only good one..?

So far??

no..

any and every opinion on comic/superhero films you may ever have, from here on out, shall be deemed null and void..

Well, which ones are good?

I admit I stopped watching them after the abysmal second Avengers.

(Edit: not incl. TDK)

Edited by xoney

Barry isn't friendless, he seemed to be acting more like a Wally than Barry.  Awkward yes but from the clip it seemed like he was desperate to have any friends at all.  If he was playing Wally I wouldn't be questioning it really.

I just like how they're portraying him as a humorous character because that's how he's usually written in the actual comics..

Well, which ones are good?

I admit I stopped watching them after the abysmal second Avengers.

(Edit: not incl. TDK)

well.. Just since 2008, the superhero movies that are generally regarded as great, both critically and commercially, are some of my favorites:

- The Dark Knight, 2008 (easily one of the best comic book movies in history!)

- Watchmen, 2009

- Kick-Ass, 2010

- The Avengers, 2012 (another near perfect superhero flick!)

- Man Of Steel, 2013 (my personal favorite Superman origin story)

- Captain America: The Winter Soldier, 2014 (almost akin to the classic 1970's heist/suspense genre)

- Guardians Of The Galaxy, 2014 (I've never met anyone who doesn't enjoy this movie.. Plus the music is incredible and nostalgic as hell!)

- Deadpool, 2016 (the funniest superhero movie ever...and goriest.. It's rated R!)

- Caltain America: Civil War, 2016 (the airport fight scene, alone, is worth the price of admission!)

HONORABLE MENTIONS:

- Thor, 2011 (made me enjoy a character I was never familiar with or interested in to begin with)

- X-Men: First Class

- The Amazing Spider-Man, 2012

- The Dark Knight Rises, 2012

- Ant-Man, 2015 (surprisingly funny and had tons of heart.. And who knew Paul Rudd could pull it off!)

- Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice (the theatrical version no longer exists to me.. The best way to view this movie is the extended, R-rated, director's cut.. It fills in a ton of plot holes and makes the movie less convoluted.. I enjoyed this a lot, even though it still stands as one of the most divisive superhero flicks ever made!)

• Upvote 1

well.. Just since 2008, the superhero movies that are generally regarded as great, both critically and commercially, are some of my favorites:

- The Dark Knight, 2008 (easily one of the best comic book movies in history!)

- Watchmen, 2009

- Kick-Ass, 2010

- The Avengers, 2012 (another near perfect superhero flick!)

- Man Of Steel, 2013 (my personal favorite Superman origin story)

- Captain America: The Winter Soldier, 2014 (almost akin to the classic 1970's heist/suspense genre)

- Guardians Of The Galaxy, 2014 (I've never met anyone who doesn't enjoy this movie.. Plus the music is incredible and nostalgic as hell!)

- Deadpool, 2016 (the funniest superhero movie ever...and goriest.. It's rated R!)

- Caltain America: Civil War, 2016 (the airport fight scene, alone, is worth the price of admission!)

HONORABLE MENTIONS:

- Thor, 2011 (made me enjoy a character I was never familiar with or interested in to begin with)

- X-Men: First Class

- The Amazing Spider-Man, 2012

- The Dark Knight Rises, 2012

- Ant-Man, 2015 (surprisingly funny and had tons of heart.. And who knew Paul Rudd could pull it off!)

- Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice (the theatrical version no longer exists to me.. The best way to view this movie is the extended, R-rated, director's cut.. It fills in a ton of plot holes and makes the movie less convoluted.. I enjoyed this a lot, even though it still stands as one of the most divisive superhero flicks ever made!)

Ok, so I'll definitely give you TDK (even though it was 1/2 an hour too long) as a *good* film. I'll probably give you X-men First Class & I'd add Days of Future Past (only because I'm biased and it was great to see Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellen one (?) last time). 

In line with the trilogy, Rises was a "dark" film that took itself seriously but was ultimately just a shallow, silly film with another nuke ending (boring!). But cat woman was great and so too were the visuals/sound effects, I guess. Avengers (also feat. nuke) with an action scene in New York that felt like it was over an hour long (and probably was quite close to it). Just senseless & dull violence for the 2nd half of that movie. 

And the others don't really warrant a discussion tbh.

Haven't watched Guardians, Civil War, Ant-Man, Batman V Superman, Kick Ass, Dead-pool or Watchmen so I can't comment on those. I might - eventually.

Edited by xoney

How do people still get excited by this shit... there's like 5 of these movies every year and the only good one so far was Iron Man. 

The one liners are so bad - do you actually laugh at them or cringe?

its all done in fun, its powerful special effects, characters the consumer is very familiar with, new stories and reinventions of old characters, I must admit Im pretty impressed with the make over for Wonder Woman and the idea she gets a stand alone film

• Upvote 1

Ok, so I'll definitely give you TDK (even though it was 1/2 an hour too long) as a *good* film. I'll probably give you X-men First Class & I'd add Days of Future Past (only because I'm biased and it was great to see Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellen one (?) last time). 

In line with the trilogy, Rises was a "dark" film that took itself seriously but was ultimately just a shallow, silly film with another nuke ending (boring!). But cat woman was great and so too were the visuals/sound effects, I guess. Avengers (also feat. nuke) with an action scene in New York that felt like it was over an hour long (and probably was quite close to it). Just senseless & dull violence for the 2nd half of that movie. 

And the others don't really warrant a discussion tbh.

Haven't watched Guardians, Civil War, Ant-Man, Batman V Superman, Kick Ass, Dead-pool or Watchmen so I can't comment on those. I might - eventually.

TDKR is my least favorite of the Nolan trilogy, so say whatever you want about it lol.. I listed it as an "honorable mention" for a reason.. I liked it, but mostly because catwoman was awesome and it wrapped up the trilogy in a somewhat satisfying way..

Avengers though is really a great movie imo.. It did something that had never been done before successfully.. and it's fun and funny and the action was fantastic! 

And wow you've missed a lot of good flicks! Out of the list of movies you said you havent yet seen, you absolutely need to watch GOTG and Deadpool ASAP! They're both intro/origin stories, so no need to have any pre-existing knowledge of these characters.. The movies are great! Have fun!

• Upvote 1