bonsaibutterfly

Im actually tired of seeing Rhythm Nation live...but could you imagine not seeing it performed...its almost blasphemous. What from the new album could replace that?

i concur. I wish she could juss reinvent it in some kind of way tp make it sound more modern and fresh live 

No...the problem is is that Janet tries to cram in damn near ALL her singles when infact she should leave some out. Thats why her whole concert is one big medley broken up in segments. If she would leave off some of her songs it would make ypu miss those songs and be in awe on the next tour. Since janet performs most of her singles with every tour it gets boring to hear em. Youre not as enthused. Like, i understand she wants to give the audience what she thinks they wanna hear but its a double edge sword. 

agreed!

Janet plays if safe all the time which is very frustrating 

• Upvote 1

Mine is Dammn Baby.  Regardless of the preference on the vocal production, this is a quality jam that I like more and more every time I hear it. And when it gets to the little part right after the breakdown in the middle - "Watchin' em all go....OOOOHHHHH,   Watchin' em all go daaaaAAAAMMMMNNN BABY,"  I get ALL the feels.  Those layered vocals are classic Janet/Jimmy/Terry perfection.  

• Upvote 2

No...the problem is that Janet tries to cram in damn near ALL her singles when infact she should leave some out. Thats why her whole concert is one big medley broken up in segments. If she would leave off some of her songs it would make ypu miss those songs and be in awe on the next tour. Since janet performs most of her singles with every tour it gets boring to hear em. Youre not as enthused. Like, i understand she wants to give the audience what she thinks they wanna hear but its a double edge sword. 

!!!!. Honestly, she started to become a little "predictable" in that way but then with this tour the fact that she switched it up a little by adding new instrumentation (like adding a remix or that Big Sean song etc) and even added new choreo to her classics which I appreciated (even though I never got to see the tour). 

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

!!!!. Honestly, she started to become a little "predictable" in that way but then with this tour the fact that she switched it up a little by adding new instrumentation (like adding a remix or that Big Sean song etc) and even added new choreo to her classics which I appreciated (even though I never got to see the tour). 

I was shocked as hell when the DJ Premier version of TA came on during the tour. I hadnt  seen the setlist beforehand and i rather see/listen to that (and the Deeper Remix) than the original.

I almost started to vogueing when Throb came on! So yes i appreciate the subtle changes too but she could still do a little more.

• Upvote 1

This past few days I've been getting back into the unbreakable album like hardcore when it first came out.  Getting all the feels again. I wish after Janet has the baby and gets the urge to return she switches everything up and comes back with a vengeance like she never has had before and unbreakable era gets a fierce revamp and resurrection. That album is just way too fucking good to be put to sleeep

• Upvote 7

im back on a unbreakable binge. the thing is i cant play certain songs i gotta listen to the entire album. i hope the hype surrounding her baby when she gives birth will bring some attention to this great album. have 'night', 'dream maker/euphoria' or something from the album playing with the birth announcement. they should also put out a lyric video for 'broken hearts heal' for mj's bday. SHARE THIS DAMN MUSIC JANET

• Upvote 1