MTV Handing the [Janet] Jackson Vanguard Award to RIHANNA

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

I like Rihanna.... But her videos are NOT iconic!  This is just MTV's way of getting Beyonce and Rihanna under one roof.

Side note~ Janet was 24 when she received this.  Making her the youngest artist to receive it. 

They're better than Beyonce's and she got it a couple yrs ago :blink:

• Upvote 2

They're better than Beyonce's and she got it a couple yrs ago :blink:

And JT's who got it before her 

AND we all know MTV hands these out to HUGE artists who they think will be bring in ratings. Stop taking these things so serious... its not based on merit at all. They r running out of huge artists to give it to tho lol 

This. 

Edited by Dammn Bu
  • Upvote 2

:lmao: 

She is deserving if it's being awarded on what it should be awarded for - great quality acclaimed music videos. But she won't get one because she's not popular and won't bring ratings in - which is what that award is given out for now. 

• Upvote 2

She is deserving if it's being awarded on what it should be awarded for - great quality acclaimed music videos. But she won't get one because she's not popular and won't bring ratings in - which is what that award is given out for now. 

Not in 2016 when she's making songs about HS cheerleading for commercials 

Edited by Game

Is it though? I mean it is called the [Janet] Jackson Vanguard Award for a reason :coffee: And Rihanna has made some top notch videos

I would be more impressed if JT/Bey/Rih got it when they didn't have something to promote. It makes it feel more of an accomplishment. But then it always surprised me that Janet got it after her 2nd album and not later on. 

Edited by Dammn Bu
  • Upvote 1

Is it though? I mean it is called the [Janet] Jackson Vanguard Award for a reason :coffee: And Rihanna has made some top notch videos

Ha. Ha. Ha. So funny how you keep saying it's the "Janet" Jackson Video Vanguard Award...

Soo funny... and sad.. But funny ?

I would be more impressed if JT/Bey/Rih got it when they didn't have something to promote. It makes it feel more of an accomplishment. But then it always surprised me that Janet got it after her 2nd album and not later on. 

I'm sure MTV and other music award shows did this when artists promoted their projects. I don't feel like looking up past [Janet] Jackson Vanguard winners

Janet got it after her fourth album, RN1814* .. don't ignore her history Bu :lmao: 

Edited by Game
Looked it up

Norman, the point is Missy should have gotten it a long time ago....her videos are better than ALL the ppl who received this award within the last decade BUT yeah she would never get it now since MTV is a desperate "music channel" (not anymore) tryna hang on to their visual merit and ratings. Its their fault for overlooking her back when she was popping...now we will have to be subjected to the fact that someone like Katy Perry will  recieving it next year. A bitch that juss pops firecrackers and spray whip cream out her tits. LAUGHABLE 

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Norman, the point is Missy should have gotten it a long time ago....her videos are better than ALL the ppl who received this award within the last decade BUT yeah she would never get it now since MTV is a desperate "music channel" (not anymore) tryna hang on to their visual merit and ratings. Its their fault for overlooking her back when she was popping...now we will have to be subjected to the fact that someone like Katy Perry will  recieving it next year. A bitch that juss pops firecrackers and spray whip cream out her tits. LAUGHABLE 

KATY PERRY.....fuck no!!!!! But i could definitely see that happening.

And I'll bet people felt like Janet was too young to be receiving this award back then too.  But the difference is Janet's videos were groundbreaking. Rihanna and JT not so much. 

• Upvote 4

The point is... meh