MTV Handing the [Janet] Jackson Vanguard Award to RIHANNA

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

Ha. Ha. Ha. So funny how you keep saying it's the "Janet" Jackson Video Vanguard Award...

Soo funny... and sad.. But funny ?

Only thing that is sad is the fact that MTV is celebrating a paranoid drug addict by naming awards after him when the better sibling is alive and well 

Edited by Game
  • Downvote 1

:blink: yeah he was the only drug addict in showbiz. How dare they name an award after a man who single handedly revolutionized music videos and furthermore inspired his little sister,visually? 

If flaws and/ or death erased ppls accomplishments. We would ALL be at ZERO. Your obsession with his flaws is even more BIZARRE than his "bizarre" behavior. 

You're post is stupid, ridiculous and oh yeah...,,STUPID AS FUCK.  

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 3

....Dayz is right on the money with the Missy response, another name I'll throw in is Prince, did he have some kind of fued with them,  cause hes literally THE 1st black artist who got played on MTV (MJ gets that credit mixed in for revolutionizing videos),  but Prince, MJ, & JJ all changed the game for videos but Prince never has been given that credit he very much deserves 

Theres a good handfull of legitmate Legends & Icons that helped change the game for videos & keep MTV going, that MTV today wont recognize properly sadly.

Edited by jarrylf

It should just be called the Video Vanguard award.  Plain and simple. Madonna's videos didn't start legendary until the album for Like A Prayer came out.  Prior to that her videos were cute and spoke to the teen boppers only. 

Anyone else like Rihanna who is receiving it and Beyonce who has it already is simply getting the award to keep the MTV Video Vanguard going. 

I would give to Gaga next for sure!  Not sure if Madonna got one so it shouldn't be named after her....I think they wanted to give her one but she was so sour over Janet receiving it before her at the tender age of 24, just as sour when she presented it to George Michael. I'm sure they wanted to give her one but she declined it and didn't want anything to do with it. During "Ray Of Light" would have been the perfect time to give Madonna one. 

It should just be called the Video Vanguard award.  Plain and simple. Madonna's videos didn't start legendary until the album for Like A Prayer came out.  Prior to that her videos were cute and spoke to the teen boppers only. 

Anyone else like Rihanna who is receiving it and Beyonce who has it already is simply getting the award to keep the MTV Video Vanguard going. 

I would give to Gaga next for sure!  Not sure if Madonna got one so it shouldn't be named after her....I think they wanted to give her one but she was so sour over Janet receiving it before her at the tender age of 24, just as sour when she presented it to George Michael. I'm sure they wanted to give her one but she declined it and didn't want anything to do with it. During "Ray Of Light" would have been the perfect time to give Madonna one. 

Madonna has declined a few things, she declined a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, I don't know why. Madonna was offered the Icon special Janet did, but Madonna declined that and they offered it to Janet.

Madonna has declined a few things, she declined a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, I don't know why. Madonna was offered the Icon special Janet did, but Madonna declined that and they offered it to Janet.

Bailey, I know you keep saying that but WHERE are the receipts? I never seen anything that supported that statement ,ever. Lets see. I really wanna see where that came from

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 1

Madonna declined bc she didn't want anyone's else to make her songs better 

Edited by Game
  • Upvote 1

I can see Madonna passing on the Icon Award now whether it was offered to her first I don't know but fact remains that Janet received the Vangaurd Award first which was way more prestigious. The ICON award was really about publicity plain and simple so I really don't see the fuss over this award.  Madonna was really upset with MTV during their love for Janet during the monster vehicle that is R.N. which eventually led to her receiving the Vangaurd Award among numerous awards than any other artist at that time for 1 album. 

• Upvote 1

Here's the kicker: Janet received 6 million views that Tuesday night.

she wins in the end :lmao: 

lemme post a source so i don't look foolish like Bailey

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/news-articles/mtvicon-turns-out-top-rating/87761

foolish my ass, you mean to tell me MTV hands out an Icon award and Janet Jackson is the first recipient? NOT Michael, NOT Prince, and of course NOT Madonna? You people dont think with common sense, of the artists I just mentioned who do you think MTV would have given Icon status to? I actually can admit Janet would be last amongst all of those.

Edited by Bailey.

I can see Madonna passing on the Icon Award now whether it was offered to her first I don't know but fact remains that Janet received the Vangaurd Award first which was way more prestigious. The ICON award was really about publicity plain and simple so I really don't see the fuss over this award.  Madonna was really upset with MTV during their love for Janet during the monster vehicle that is R.N. which eventually led to her receiving the Vangaurd Award among numerous awards than any other artist at that time for 1 album. 

now I can see Madonna being mad during RN, but chile that album did so much Madonna couldnt do anything but watch it blow up

foolish my ass, you mean to tell me MTV hands out an Icon award and Janet Jackson is the first recipient? NOT Michael, NOT Prince, and of course NOT Madonna? You people dont think with common sense, of the artists I just mentioned who do you think MTV would have given Icon status to? I actually can admit Janet would be last amongst all of those.

Prince wasn't even considered :lmao: 

Madonna declined bc of what I said earlier. MJ declined bc he was probably drugged up... errr had another special planned 

Again I don't see the fuss over this "Icon" award.  It's all politics.  And actually AT THAT TIME, MTV would have given it to Janet over Michael and Madonna and especially over Prince. An Icon award from MTV reflected the artists contributions to the channel and it's ratings. Janet had given MTV complete coverage of all her tours, complete access with a lot of specials. Janet and MTV were in bed together pretty much from 1989 through 2004.  Again these are the politics that made sense for MTV to give Janet the ICON award first.  To be honest I think it was Janet's camp that approached MTV to create this award for Janet. 

Michael, Madonna, and Prince during this time pre 2001 were riddled with controversy and Janet had her reputation in tact still and was untouchable as far as MTV was concerned. Madonna was slowly getting her reputation back with the release of "Ray Of Light" in 1998. Madonna hadn't released an album prior to this since 1994 with Bedtime Stories and "Ray Of Light" garnered Madonna's first critical acclaim ever and it was her highest debut for an album ever as well entering at number 5 peaking at number 2. Considering this was Madonna's 7th album it's hard to believe that up until this point Madonna had never had an album debut at 1. 

I can see if there was any merit to this ICON award Janet would be the fist to receive it during 2001. Now putting MTV aside with their politics, yes I agree, Janet would be 3rd in line after Michael and Madonna to receive this title of "ICON". 

I guess MTV didn't. They chose Janet period. You have nothing more than just your wrong opinion on who MTV actually asked first...

Imagine Madonna saying NO to people praising her to high heavens, free publicity and being MTV's first Icon

mHM3DMk.gif

. A Feedback the biggest leak in history type of tea... that's all you're serving right now.

• Upvote 2