Can't believe Unbreakable is almost 1 year old

Kaleidoscope Eyes

Album still sounds fresh, it was well worth the seven year wait. The thing about UB is that it's so good that you can't play any tracks out of order. The sequence of how it's put together is so well done. For instance, if I'm listening to BurnitUp! and reach the end of the song then I'll start craving Dammn Baby which leads into The Great Forever. I can skip Shoulda Known Better, After You Flop, and Broken Hearts Heal. The album picks right back up with Night, No Sleeep [side 2] Dream Maker, 2 B Loved, Take Me Away, Promise, Lessons Learned, Black Eagle. Can sometimes skip Well Traveled. Gon' B Alright is prolly the only track besides the bonus ones where I can just randomly listen to it. Awww, Unbrekable is like my Velvet Rope 2.0 now.

What do you like about the Unbreakable album?

• Upvote 1

Album still sounds fresh, it was well worth the seven year wait. The thing about UB is that it's so good that you can't play any tracks out of order. The sequence of how it's put together is so well done. For instance, if I'm listening to BurnitUp! and reach the end of the song then I'll start craving Dammn Baby which leads into The Great Forever. I can skip Shoulda Known Better, After You Flop, and Broken Hearts Heal. The album picks right back up with Night, No Sleeep [side 2] Dream Maker, 2 B Loved, Take Me Away, Promise, Lessons Learned, Black Eagle. Can sometimes skip Well Traveled. Gon' B Alright is prolly the only track besides the bonus ones where I can just randomly listen to it. Awww, Unbrekable is like my Velvet Rope 2.0 now.

What do you like about the Unbreakable album?

I love everything about it! The lyrics, the different styles, Janet's vocals and Janet back to giving us some truth. 

• Upvote 1

i love it even more than i did when it came out. i agree with having to play the songs in order, i can never just listen to specific songs. the only songs i sometimes skip are 'shoulda known better' and 'gon be alright', i always skip 'after you fall' , its not that i dont like it i just dont like listening to it. 

• Upvote 1

Still love the album as much as i did when i first heard it. Burn It Up holds a special place for me reminding me of loosing my mind at the show. The title song still has me singing at the top of my lungs. I skip AYF, BHH and 2B Loved usually. Gona Be Alright is her best ending song since Someday is Tonight in my opinion.

Just answered in another thread.  It has you all hot and bothered huh?  It's hot as hell.  That facial expression is everything....Jude gropes that guy while others look at him and he's like "Fuck you...I'm getting mine." 

I'm downloading the movie :shifty:  right now :coffee:

I'm going to create a separate thread, but as Janet's fans, we should organize some 'targeted celebration' for Unbreakable's 1yr anniversary. It SHOULD be up for several Grammy nominations, depending on how and what was submitted on the Grammy ballot. 

Here's the scoop... Recording Academy members will be receiving their 1st round ballots in mid-October , and they have three weeks or so to turn them in. It would be great to see Janet's team do some pushing, but even if they don't we can sure help get Unbreakable "in the air" by putting a new round of comments on articles, and sharing tracks via social media. IMO Jimmy, Terry and Janet deserve a Producer of the Year nomination for this album. It's the best produced album R&B has seen in years, mostly because of the quality of the songs and careful attention to detail. 

I'll create the new thread, but please consider throwing some hype for Unbreakable!!