Honestly, within 10 years...

Illi

except for the fact that she was 49 just a corner away from 50 and in the middle of a worldwide tour.  I don't think any other artist has stopped a tour because they said they were pregnant let alone Janet's age or older.  If I'm mistaken please let me know who.   

It's fishy as hell.  I do want Janet to be a mother no matter what, I know she'll be a great mom.  But I mean these PR's are a bit much to believe

around the same time as janet's announcement broadway star audra mcdonald who is in her late 40s announced she was pregnant with her first child and had to postpone the london run of her hit play. diana ross remarried in her 40s and had 2 kids with her husband. there are regular everyday women having children well into their 40s. yall are making it a big deal because its janet. halle berry is janet's age and she has a toddler, there is nothing fishy or extraordinary about it really.

• Upvote 2

Wrong. You don't know me or my views. You know 'Game'..

"There's another side that I don't hide but may never show..." on this forum. Nice try with that quote that only pertains to the Great Depressed

I was told over and over that sales don't matter. So now it does? :blink: What did people say when their favs flop? "It's quality over quantity" or some horseshit. I Don't care about the tour or other people's money. I got my refund and that's all that matters

Janet can do whatever she wants... Her next album will go #1.. Her next tour will be a success, her fans will buy tickets & so will the general public 

I am not disappointed bc I did not expect her to come gun blazing like these "fans" you speak of. I'm a realist.. I understand the space she's in and I love it :wub: I was shocked how great the album was/is... and that's what I'm here for

Of course I don't personally know you, nor do I want to. All I can judge you off of is what you put out there. Therefore, my analysis of you was correct.

I got my refund

So basically you didn't think she'd continue this tour, which is why you got your refund. WELP.:ph34r:

Her next tour will be a success.

This tour isn't even successful. And you're speaking about a next one being successful?

laughter.gif

I am not disappointed bc I did not expect her to come gun blazing like these "fans" you speak of.

So you had low expectations? Well that's your problem. Some fans actually expect their favorite artist to work to their fullest potential, and clearly Janet hasn't. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Of course I don't personally know you, nor do I want to. All I can judge you off of is what you put out there. Therefore, my analysis of you was correct.

So basically you didn't think she'd continue this tour, which is why you got your refund. WELP.:ph34r:

This tour isn't even successful. And you're speaking about a next one being successful?

laughter.gif

So you had low expectations? Well that's your problem. Some fans actually expect their favorite artist to work to their fullest potential, and clearly Janet hasn't. 

How is the tour not successful though? Most most of the shows were sold out on the first leg. Did the postponement fuck up the momentum? Perhaps. But unsuccessful is not accurate imo.

This has little to do with low expectations. Some don't want to accept that this is never gonna be some big project. The complainers only give 2 cents of fucks about the quality the album. They just wanted the numbers to stan over. 

Edited by Illi
  • Upvote 2

How is the tour not successful though? Most most of the shows were sold out on the first leg. Did the postponement fuck up the momentum? Perhaps. But unsuccessful is not accurate imo.

This has little to do with low expectations. Some don't want to accept that this is never gonna be some big project. The complainers only give 2 cents of fucks about the quality the album. They just wanted the numbers to stan over. 

It's not about it being a big project, it's about it being a poorly executed project. Janet says this album is a "new movement," yet she never actually explains the movement from her own mouth. If she was trying to start some socially conscious movement, you at least have to be visual and gage your audience. And that's why this album is forgotten by the general public. She dropped her own ball. And I never said the album wasn't great. It's her best since The Velvet Rope. But she did not execute the roll-out of this album well. And I'm going to be vocal about it. And if you're making grandiose statements such as "a new movement," I'm expecting more than the little we have gotten.

:blink::blink::blink::blink:

Someone needs to go back and check the receipts:wacko:

I did. Grossing only $15 million from 33 shows is abysmal. Especially considering some artists can generate an average of over of a million for one show.

• Upvote 2

How is a cancelled tour successful? :lmao:

If it ultimately gets canceled, it just means the tour fell short of its ambitions. Otherwise there was still a tour where she didn't manage to have good attendance. Absolutely nothing like RWU where she was performing to half empty venue.

• Upvote 2

This woman had 80% and better sold out shows but it wasnt successful :blink::lmao:

Oh god you ppl are nutsssssss. 

So it wasnt successful because Janet chooses not to charge an arm and a leg like some those "others" you mentioned. 

NEWSFLASH! Janet's tickets have always been reasonable since she first started touring 26 yrs ago.  Are have you not fact-checked?:blink:

If Ciara tours small venues and they all sell out. THATS CALLED A SUCCESS. Becus she filled the seats that she set out for. The dollar amount generated has ZERO to do with anything. Obviously Janet could make a profit on the price she soldher tickets for. Change your username to BUFFOON , please. Silly ass ppl 

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 2

If it ultimately gets canceled, it just means the tour fell short of its ambitions. Otherwise there was still a tour where she didn't manage to have good attendance. Absolutely nothing like RWU where she was performing to half empty venue.

I get the attendance aspect I just can't comfortably call a cancelled tour a success

Goddamnit people. What the fuck do you guys think? You own Janet? Was she supposed to show you her belly just to prove she's pregnant? It's one thing to be pissed off at her because of the timing of it all, but to think that Janet is lying about her pregnancy is a bit extrememe of a reach. She's fucking pregnant because she said so. Now cut it the fuck out!!!!

• Upvote 3

I get the attendance aspect I just can't comfortably call a cancelled tour a success

I have no problem with anyone being miffed about the cancellations/postponements, but the situation about the tour isn't black or white. That's what I'm trying to say.

• Upvote 3

But its exactly to do with that though. People were expecting things they way they had always been done...high production videos, tv performances, an interview here or there. There is nothing necessarily wrong with that.  They assume that the lack of effort with the promo affected the potential for big things, including having a tour without mishaps and singles to provide a visual album. I for one am happy with the album and im lucky i got to see her perform...if i didnt (which seems to be the case with most of the "complainers") id be agreaved too.

• Upvote 2

I think some of you are making too much of "this new movement".  It wasn't suppose to be a grandiose movement, nothing like Rhythm Nation or The Velvet Rope. It was simple and Janet sings about it in one of her songs and if you don't know which song it is than I can't help you cause you obviously aren't listening. 

• Upvote 1

It's not about it being a big project, it's about it being a poorly executed project. Janet says this album is a "new movement," yet she never actually explains the movement from her own mouth. If she was trying to start some socially conscious movement, you at least have to be visual and gage your audience. And that's why this album is forgotten by the general public. She dropped her own ball. And I never said the album wasn't great. It's her best since The Velvet Rope. But she did not execute the roll-out of this album well. And I'm going to be vocal about it. And if you're making grandiose statements such as "a new movement," I'm expecting more than the little we have gotten.

girl!!! This is exactly it. Thank you for explaining it better than I probably could. Unbreakable could have been the time for Janet to turn everything around for her. 

• Upvote 1

But its exactly to do with that though. People were expecting things they way they had always been done...high production videos, tv performances, an interview here or there. There is nothing necessarily wrong with that.  They assume that the lack of effort with the promo affected the potential for big things, including having a tour without mishaps and singles to provide a visual album. I for one am happy with the album and im lucky i got to see her perform...if i didnt (which seems to be the case with most of the "complainers") id be agreaved too.

I think this time around we had to redefine success for Janet and many weren't able to do so. 

Edited by Illi
  • Upvote 1

Rwu tour was also poorly handled mess but no doubt her hugest elaborate spectacle to date and yes the way it was cut short was nothing but tragic and unfortunate. . According to receipts rwu grossed 11.7 million which is 13 million in 2016 dollars.  16 shows performed. Unbreakable grossed 15 million with 37 shows    Also the most of the shows were in smaller capacity venues. Plus the show was really cutdown in comparison to rwu, and all her other tours except number ones. Unbreakable was pretty much a rehash of number ones but with some new material and number ones was primarily was a scaled down version of Rwu.   It's like she keeps doing the less amount of work in her shows and her success gets rocky. Which is obvious.  Also rwu cost so much money to put together but 11.7 million grossed back from 16 shows ain't too bad at all. Compare that to unbreakable. More than double the shows, less production and time and total sales are just 3 million more than The rwu tour.  Janet on a business side is tarnished.  She's so lucky to have her loyals but then she still pulls out some bs on us. Everything related to umbreakable is totally on her.  No label pulling strings this time around. I don't understand how it appears Janet to have  the worst handlers. She's so famous, Iconic not to mention loaded yet her career, her bread and butter gets has so much unorganized chaos. Did she hire Fantasias Barrinnos old team thinking it would cut costs & rhythm nation records would profit more and stay on budget?  I mean?!?!?!

Image result for alyssa edwards gif

Edited by msboz
  • Upvote 2

I did. Grossing only $15 million from 33 shows is abysmal. Especially considering some artists can generate an average of over of a million for one show.

This and it very well could've been a successful album. At least do radio interviews so they'll play your shit lol. To do no promotion whatsoever was just loony in my eyes. Hell even Jimmy and Terry showed up on "Off The Boat" tv show along with her dancers because they know that's a show that loves Janet.Hell she could've at least been an extra lol 

This and it very well could've been a successful album. At least do radio interviews so they'll play your shit lol. To do no promotion whatsoever was just loony in my eyes. Hell even Jimmy and Terry showed up on "Off The Boat" tv show along with her dancers because they know that's a show that loves Janet.Hell she could've at least been an extra lol 

she is 50!! It would not have mattered! Radio is not fucking with older artist PERIODDDDDDDD. 

CHRIST!!

• Upvote 2

I think this time around we had to redefine success for Janet and many weren't able to do so. 

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, if the communication and engagement is there. Especially considering how the last 3 eras have been, people wanted an era without mishaps. I actually believe that if people got to actually see her tour there would be no complaints.

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, if the communication and engagement is there. Especially considering how the last 3 eras have been, people wanted an era without mishaps. I actually believe that if people got to actually see her tour there would be no complaints.

I can sat that my one complaint about Janet is the she seems so afraid to be transparent. Doing stuff and not wanting to explain anything leaves a lot of confusion.

• Upvote 1

In 10 years, I think the Janet community needs to quit relying on the internet and social media as much and keep in touch with each other, spend time with each other, and make events.

I've made a lot of great friends because of Janet and I think great things happen when we come together.

• Upvote 3