Why was Janet ignored for the VMA drag recreations?

bu.

Ru Paul's Drag Race stars recreated iconic red carpet looks from the VMAs on Sunday night. They had everyone from Madonna, Britney, Beyonce, Lil Kim, Gaga to even not so iconic Katy Perry. They even included Aaliyah. But nowhere in there was Janet. I'm sorry but was Janet's "pervert" t-shirt look not iconic as it was around the same time MJ was coming off of the first allegations?

gallery-1472428580-drag-race-vmas.jpg

Eh, Janet never really had no "standout" moment on the VMA's. Great performances but nothing that "stuck" with you through the years like the Lil Kim one boob out pasty or the bare midriff Britney handling the snake. But then again they even got the Kim Kardashian look she wore last year which was not a big moment or anything so... they just picked some moments and mixed em in with random looks from he award show . No big deal 

Edited by janetDAYZ

I don't think it was meant to be that deep... I couldn't even tell who Alyssa was supposed to be and I don't recognize Katya or Detox either. It was just a cute lil idea you're blowing it way out of proportion. :coffee: Just like dat ass. :shifty: 

• Upvote 3

I don't think it was meant to be that deep... I couldn't even tell who Alyssa was supposed to be and I don't recognize Katya or Detox either. It was just a cute lil idea you're blowing it way out of proportion. :coffee: Just like dat ass. :shifty: 

My ass hurt all weekend tbh :shifty:

Eh, Janet never really had no "standout" moment on the VMA's. Great performances but nothing that "stuck" with you through the years like the Lil Kim one boob out pasty or the bare midriff Britney handling the snake. But then again they even got the Kim Kardashian look she wore last year which was not a big moment or anything so... they just picked some moments and mixed em in with random looks from he award show . No big deal 

That's fair enough. i always thought her pervert shirt was her "moment" but then when you have them recreating Katy and Kim K then I guess you're right - it was just a random looks they picked with some big moments. I'm surprised Janet never had a standout VMA moment

My ass hurt all weekend tbh :shifty:

That's fair enough. i always thought her pervert shirt was her "moment" but then when you have them recreating Katy and Kim K then I guess you're right - it was just a random looks they picked with some big moments. I'm surprised Janet never had a standout VMA moment

Well Janet is not an attention seeking whore like those other sluts, so ......

They didn't even acknowledge the passing of David Bowie or Prince, two other music video pioneers...

the whole thing is a sham and the ratings show that.. It dropped over 30% in tv viewers just from last year! 9.5 mil viewers for the 2015 show, compared to 6.5 mil viewers for this year's show..

they gotta get it together.. First off they need a host to help guide the show.. And then they need to not only cater to the Rihanna beyonce and Kanye fans.. The show was always best when it brought in all generations of artists and fans.. The only "classic" artist they had on this years show was Mary J Blige lol

• Upvote 6

The only thing iconic enough would be the Rhythm Nation uniform.  Janet was all about the performance, not being flashy with her fashion.  She was extremely fashionable in a very sophisticated, beautiful way, not campy.  

Edited by JJATL
  • Upvote 1