Now Trending: Janet Jackson's Health

No disrespect, so you don't believe in microwaves, wifi, brain waves, intuition, thoughts? Those are all things you cannot see...I've always heard ppl say they believe in what they can see but you can cut open a brain and never see a thought.  You can't see wifi but it works. So many things can't be seen or "proven" but they exist.  Also, most of what we call reality is a quilt of other people's made up, once invisible thoughts. From you clothes to your house to your job to your car. None of those things existed at one point in time. We live in a big quilt of ideas. So technically what we believe does influence reality or we wouldn't have inventions. Definitely not trying to sway anything but I always find that interesting. 

Microwaves, brainwaves, air, gravity, atoms are all EMPIRICALLY, SCIENTIFICALLY, and TANGIBLY proven. They also exist whethet we believe in them or not. God is not proven by anything, other than accounts, of accounts, of accounts of stories in books. You are indoctrinated into believing those things based on where you live; or what your parents believe. If you are in the Middle East, you are more likely to believe in the God of the Quran, in the U.S. You are more likely to believe in the God of the bible, in Asia, Buddha, etc..

Faith is just faith, and it's a belief. Science is exact, and only changes when we have concrete evidence. It has made us progress. Many religions have made us regress due to antiquated, and oppressive superstitions.

Edited by Jodienda76
  • Upvote 1

No disrespect, so you don't believe in microwaves, wifi, brain waves, intuition, thoughts? Those are all things you cannot see...I've always heard ppl say they believe in what they can see but you can cut open a brain and never see a thought.  You can't see wifi but it works. So many things can't be seen or "proven" but they exist.  Also, most of what we call reality is a quilt of other people's made up, once invisible thoughts. From you clothes to your house to your job to your car. None of those things existed at one point in time. We live in a big quilt of ideas. So technically what we believe does influence reality or we wouldn't have inventions. Definitely not trying to sway anything but I always find that interesting. 

that's all I read so far but damn :lmao::lmao:

• Downvote 1

Microwaves, brainwaves, air, gravity, atoms are all EMPIRICALLY, SCIENTIFICALLY, and TANGIBLY proven. They also exist whethet we believe in them or not. God is not proven by anything, other than accounts, of accounts, of accounts of stories in books. You are indoctrinated into believing those things based on where you live; or what your parents believe. If you are in the Middle East, you are more likely to believe in the God of the Quran, in the U.S. You are more likely to believe in the God of the bible, in Asia, Buddha, etc..

Faith is just faith, and it's a belief. Science is exact, and only changes when we have concrete evidence. It has made us progress. Many religions have made us regress due to antiquated, and oppressive superstitions.

my issue here is if we forego believing in a higher power, then there is no fate, no destiny, no order, we are all just a bunch of random particles bumping into each other in a vast universe that serves no purpose. It all seems really lazy, like existence came from something, I'm willing to admit it probably wasnt some guy sitting on a marble throne in the clouds but still ...nothing? All that exists in the known universe and the massive amounts of energy to create came from nothing ?

Edited by Bailey.
  • Upvote 1

my issue here is if we forego believing in a higher power, then there is no fate, no destiny, no order, we are all just a bunch of random particles bumping into each other in a vast universe that serves no purpose. It all seems really lazy, like existence came from something, I'm willing to admit it probably wasnt some guy sitting on a marble throne in the clouds but still ...nothing? All that exists in the known universe and the massive amounts of energy to create came from nothing ?

In my case I am willing to accept that we are insignificant particles. The fact that we are intelligent beings and are able to understand things give us this arrogsnce that there must be purpose. There is no proof of this, therefore, I accept it for what it is. 

• Upvote 2

My thing is if proof is what makes it solid for you, what makes you seek proof? Proof tends to come after faith or belief. Including so called scientific proof it's a belief that makes them pursue the proof. Also, all these explanations...in my opinion are only the after effect of a process. What created atoms? What makes the universe work the way it does? To me with all the infinite possibilities of things...so much could be in so many different ways, there has to be more to the story. God is an ambiguous word. So most ppl argue the word without understanding the concept. Most ppl are just hung up on the word, & so they discredit it & don't try to pursue anything deeper. Also, to me it's not the arrogance of believing that makes purpose real...it's the humility of knowing I could have been anywhere in the world but I happen to meet this person & experience this particular thing, & get this answer I have been wondering. All these dots connect in such an intricate world & way.  

Scientist "prove" something then find out their wrong, but yet ppl still believe in them. Science has also proclaimed to prove things based on their pursuit of a certain type of society. They are also theoretical ppl. It just brings me back to intuition, or people who experience dreams that come true...all of that is much deeper than an easy scientific explanation. 

:huh: She didn't mean literally see with our human eyes... She meant things that are tangible, real, & concrete. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

In my case I am willing to accept that we are insignificant particles. The fact that we are intelligent beings and are able to understand things give us this arrogsnce that there must be purpose. There is no proof of this, therefore, I accept it for what it is. 

we dont have proof that life has purpose but the absence of evidence isnt the evidence of absence...just because you dont see it doesnt mean its not there. In children the concept is called object permanence it is a developmental milestone when kids can articulate that something exists even when its not in their sight. Like their toys

My thing is if proof is what makes it solid for you, what makes you seek proof? Proof tends to come after faith or belief. Including so called scientific proof it's a belief that makes them pursue the proof. Also, all these explanations...in my opinion are only the after effect of a process. What created atoms? What makes the universe work the way it does? To me with all the infinite possibilities of things...so much could be in so many different ways, there has to be more to the story. 

Also, to me it's not the arrogance of believing that makes purpose real...it's the humility of knowing I could have been anywhere in the world but I happen to meet this person & experience this particular thing, & get this answer I have been wondering. All these dots connect in such an intricate world & way.  

Scientist "prove" something then find out their wrong, but yet ppl still believe in them. Science has also proclaimed to prove things based on their pursuit of a certain type of society. They are also theoretical ppl. It just brings me back to intuition, or people who experience dreams that come true...all of that is much deeper than an easy scientific explanation. 

What makes us seek proof? Asking questions like: Why do things fall to the ground instead of float? Or are we evolving around the sun and star or do they revolve around us? That kind of questioning is why we seek proof.

These dots aren't as connected as you think 

Science is forever evolving as we learn more and more about our surroundings. If people still believe something after it's been proven false, then that's on that ignorant person, not on the scientists. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My thing is if proof is what makes it solid for you, what makes you seek proof? Proof tends to come after faith or belief. Including so called scientific proof it's a belief that makes them pursue the proof. Also, all these explanations...in my opinion are only the after effect of a process. What created atoms? What makes the universe work the way it does? To me with all the infinite possibilities of things...so much could be in so many different ways, there has to be more to the story. God is an ambiguous word. So most ppl argue the word without understanding the concept. Most ppl are just hung up on the word, & so they discredit it & don't try to pursue anything deeper. Also, to me it's not the arrogance of believing that makes purpose real...it's the humility of knowing I could have been anywhere in the world but I happen to meet this person & experience this particular thing, & get this answer I have been wondering. All these dots connect in such an intricate world & way.  

well I must admit, I am very scientific and logic driven, I too require proof. However, what I do believe science is missing is the experience that people have as living beings and how those experiences shape our minds and thus the realities we create.

like I dont think science can explain love adequately yet we experience it in very profound ways. Science doesn't or hasnt explained why over 90% of the population on the planet believes in a higher power....maybe its the lazy man's way of explaining what he hasnt figured out yet, the Gods make it rain when we sacrifice virgins who knows :unsure:

well I must admit, I am very scientific and logic driven, I too require proof. However, what I do believe science is missing is the experience that people have as living beings and how those experiences shape our minds and thus the realities we create.

proof is fine nothing wrong with that but I also understand the world is so intricate, needing proof can be limited to experience. Like I said, intuition needs no immediate proof...it just is. People who have dreams that come true, or envision something that later happens. Those kinda things are far beyond proof they're experiences. Deja Vu. Like I keep saying, proof is found after a question which still means whatever the question is came after the establishment of the "thing" you ask because you notice, you notice because it was already established. I'm more so wondering where did the ORIGINAL establishment come from. Something is greater than we all can conceive. 

To me it's human arrogance to believe you can prove & explain it all. When you're just a minor piece in the entire equation itself. You exist because of "it". "It" does not exist because of you. No man on a throne just creation as a whole. 

• Upvote 1

we dont have proof that life has purpose but the absence of evidence isnt the evidence of absence...just because you dont see it doesnt mean its not there. In children the concept is called object permanence it is a developmental milestone when kids can articulate that something exists even when its not in their sight. Like their toys

I don't care about that

Bad example. Their toys are tangible objects you we can see, hear, smell, hold, use.. Even when children can articulate that something exists, it's bc that child has had it in his or her possession at some point in time.

Children also believe a fat white bearded man brings them and every child in the world presents. Using children as an example is a slippery slope

Yes, just bc we don't see something doesn't mean it doesn't exist, however, if you can't see it, measure it, see any effect it has; if there is no evidence of any kind of its existence and if every claim or promise made about the claim fails every test put to it, then its pretty conclusive evidence that that thing doesn't exist 

Edited by Game
  • Upvote 1

like I dont think science can explain love adequately yet we experience it in very profound ways. Science doesn't or hasnt explained why over 90% of the population on the planet believes in a higher power....maybe its the lazy man's way of explaining what he hasnt figured out yet, the Gods make it rain when we sacrifice virgins who knows :unsure:

We know why it rains, Bailey :sigh: And it's def scientifically factual.. it's not Gods playing bowling in a fictitious space

We know why it rains, Bailey :sigh: And it's def scientifically factual.. it's not Gods playing bowling in a fictitious space

of course we do but I was using that antiquated idea from centuries ago to illustrate my point that we as humans have been trying to explain everything for a very long time

I don't care about that

Bad example. Their toys are tangible objects you we can see, hear, smell, hold, use.. Even when children can articulate that something exists, it's bc that child has had it in his or her possession at some point in time.

Children also believe a fat white bearded man brings them and every child in the world presents. Using children as an example is a slippery slop

Yes, just bc we don't see something doesn't mean it doesn't exist, however, if you can't see it, measure it, see any effect it has; if there is no evidence of any kind of its existence and if every claim or promise made about the claim fails every test put to it, then its pretty conclusive evidence that that thing doesn't exist 

that last portion only holds up scientifically until something happens to dispel it. Thus far that last part is holding solid...cause if there was a God, why would he/she allow slavery? sex trafficing of children? The Holocaust? I mean let's say there's some God or deity and they can see what we do and knows all of it, I would think God would say hold on, let's cleanse my palate cause selling human beings off like cattle wasn't what I had in mind when I created you

of course we do but I was using that antiquated idea from centuries ago to illustrate my point that we as humans have been trying to explain everything for a very long time

Since we existed and start to write it down. 

As far as love goes, that's all in the brain.. not to mention our environment and the influence it has on us at a VERY young age

Love isn't some magical occurance. Love isn't as special as you're trying to make it sound and it's not science-proof. 

that last portion only holds up scientifically until something happens to dispel it. Thus far that last part is holding solid...cause if there was a God, why would he/she allow slavery? sex trafficing of children? The Holocaust? I mean let's say there's some God or deity and they can see what we do and knows all of it, I would think God would say hold on, let's cleanse my palate cause selling human beings off like cattle wasn't what I had in mind when I created you

That's the thing... We weren't created in some factory... There's no eye in the sky looking over the behaviors of 7 billion people

• Upvote 1

That's the thing... We weren't created in some factory... There's no eye in the sky looking over the behaviors of 7 billion people

so how then do we determine what we consider is right and wrong? we are still trying to figure this one out at many levels, my point being most of what religion entails is a sense of morality ...7 billion people and some of us simply exist and dont matter at all :(

Since we existed and start to write it down. 

As far as love goes, that's all in the brain.. not to mention our environment and the influence it has on us at a VERY young age

Love isn't some magical occurance. Love isn't as special as you're trying to make it sound and it's not science-proof. 

its not that magical? I mean some of us would die for love, the feeling of it the expression of it, the desire to feel worthy of it....I can't dismiss love

Nothing is guaranteed in life. We live, we die.. with some shit in between. 

I semi-believe in reincarnation but that's neither here nor there

now you gotta stop, you went there, I thought about it, but you went there, let me just say from what I have seen in this life, if there is a thing called reincarnation, please let me come back a wealthy white man, they seem to be pretty content.

here's one that's worth talking about....Ive been told many times by different people.. "life is what you make it"   and I dont know if thats self serving to think it and thus places responsibility on us and not the circumstances in life we have no control over.

Like the surgical reps that aid our surgeons at work, they are all white men, and they make 60k and up a year, those companies that hire them require a bachelors degree and sales experience, sometimes no sales experience. I have seen so many of them young as fuck get great jobs with zero experience, they just knew people. I haven't broken down that door yet, and Im not sure I want to because if they all white, chances are I wont be welcome