Just a Lyrical Masterpiece

janet.1814

There's a lot of humor in "Just a Little While" that I think is lost on a lot of people. That a song exists with those backing vocalists singing, in perfect harmony, "I'm ready to get it baby if you've got it to dish out!" is absolutely hysterical; like, how can you not laugh?

Damn those harmonies!  Just love them. I actually would play this song everyday when I would get home from work when it was leaked right after the SB.  I think a lot of us just didn't like the song when the video came out. 

It really is a fun song but it just wasn't the kind of single she needed or could get away with releasing as an easy hit at the time. I think that's partly the reason it's been so unfairly maligned over the years. Not to mention the video, which I didn't even know existed until 2006, was complete garbage.

But anyway I'm all for "Just a Little While" finally getting the love it deserves so let's keep this going!

• Upvote 1