Is it me or has Unbreakable made you appreciate Janet albums more?

janet.1814

It's very much like Classic Janet.. and it's a great follow up to AFY :shifty: 

I appreciate Janet more for this album. The last three were shit in comparison 

Agreed.  I feel like Janet lost her creative self between AFY and Unbreakable.  I don't know if she had a "mid-career" crisis and felt she needed to switch things up to stay relevant, but other people had too much influence on her creative (or lack of) decisions.  She's now come full circle with Unbreakable.  

• Upvote 1

Agreed.  I feel like Janet lost her creative self between AFY and Unbreakable.  I don't know if she had a "mid-career" crisis and felt she needed to switch things up to stay relevant, but other people had too much influence on her creative (or lack of) decisions.  She's now come full circle with Unbreakable.  

She wanted to experiment like a rebellious teen but at the end of the day... Unbreakable 

• Upvote 2

Unbreakable is the record every one of her peers should be making. Classy, elegant and for herself. You can tell Unbreakable is an adults album because the theme and music is very mature and I love that. It's like she was trying to defy aging with Damita Jo-Discipline in a Madonna/Mariah way making songs for the trends instead of staying true to haself and it rightfully backfired. She gathered herself and came through with this one. I hope my other fave Mariah follows suit and leaves the mindless bops like Thirsty and comes through with something mature and respectable like her music used to be. Less Touch My Body type light songs and more respectable and elegant type of songs. 

Edited by Dammn Bu
  • Upvote 4

Madonna won't change. She's too stubborn and stuck in her ways

Mariah could turn her career around if she goes back to making music, R&B music and pop instead of hood & B and Hip-Pop. 

Pretty much. #Beautiful was a step in the right direction after the disastrous Triumphant but it went downhill again after #B peaked. She needs to experiment more. But then again she used a new producer recently and we ended up with the trash that is Infinity. And then we got infamous. Not this sudden doubt appearing in my head :lmao:

And I need her to stop the up-tempo lead, ballad second single formula because it's redundant. It's not the 90s or 2005. People don't want ballads shoved in their face unless it's Adele.

• Upvote 2

Pretty much. #Beautiful was a step in the right direction after the disastrous Triumphant but it went downhill again after #B peaked. She needs to experiment more. But then again she used a new producer recently and we ended up with the trash that is Infinity. And then we got infamous. Not this sudden doubt appearing in my head :lmao:

And I need her to stop the up-tempo lead, ballad second single formula because it's redundant. It's not the 90s or 2005. People don't want ballads shoved in their face unless it's Adele.

Maybe Mariah is doing too much and is too late for her to change too 

Mariah needs to start off with a ballad or mid-tempo. 

• Upvote 1

Everyone gets a creative drought. The whole release and her explanation of creating DJ is giving me "commitment to label" vibes. I feel like she did it to satisfy the label, especially since AFY was a success. I love the album, but she had nothing groundbreaking or different to offer, except letting us know that JD was hitting dem walls all kinda ways right. 

• Upvote 1