Welp. We can DEAD THAT ASSUMPTION OF PRINCE NOT LIKING JANET NOW!!

janetDAYZ

That Tina Landon chitchat happened in 1995 or 1996... 

Well this happened in 2000... so no.. you can turn off your caps lock and get off your high horse.  

Prince Radio Interview 2004:

In 2004, Prince was being interviewed and the interviewer played a word association game with him. He said that he would hold up cards with names on them and Prince had to say the first thing that came to mind. The interviewer held up a card that said ‘Michael Jackson’ and Prince responded ‘Genius’. Later on, the interviewer held up a card that said ‘Janet Jackson’ and Prince responded ‘The genuis’ sister.”

Prince was very adamant about artists controlling their stuff because of what record labels had done to him, remember the whole "slave" thing he did? As for Janet, he was to duet on LWNDWY and for some reason that didnt happen. He did say in the interview Game brought up "sister of a Genius" that was the exact quote by the way :coffee:  and that was str8 up shade. As for Janet we all know she never said anything publicly but great things about Prince. Also if you want to spread knowledge and wisdom, you dont go through Janet's choreographer to communicate with Janet Jackson, esp when said choreographer doesn't understand what you're talking about anyway. Unless Janet herself wont take your calls for some reason, you contact her directly if your name is Prince and go from there. So no this does not settle the question of their feelings toward the other, not the many times Prince performed WHYDFML only to ask the audience at the end "who wrote that song?" The only thing dead here is Janet owns her masters already as that was a part of her contract with Virgin. The only wrong assumption here is the one Prince made, thinking Janet might not already know how to handle her business. :filenails:

Edited by Bailey.
  • Upvote 1

Prince was very adamant about artists controlling their stuff because of what record labels had done to him, remember the whole "slave" thing he did? As for Janet, he was to duet on LWNDWY and for some reason that didnt happen. He did say in the interview Game brought up "sister of a Genius" that was the exact quote by the way :coffee:  and that was str8 up shade. As for Janet we all know she never said anything publicly but great things about Prince. Also if you want to spread knowledge and wisdom, you dont go through Janet's choreographer to communicate with Janet Jackson, esp when said choreographer doesn't understand what you're talking about anyway. Unless Janet herself wont take your calls for some reason, you contact her directly if your name is Prince and go from there. So no this does not settle the question of their feelings toward the other, not the many times Prince performed WHYDFML only to ask the audience at the end "who wrote that song?" The only thing dead here is Janet owns her masters already as that was a part of her contract with Virgin. The only wrong assumption here is the one Prince made, thinking Janet might not already know how to handle her business. :filenails:

I've NEVER been a Prince fan.....I just never got the hype. So when I heard him say that about Janet I really didn't like him. Bottom line is Prince was pissed that JJ and TL when off (after he had fired them) and became mega producers through working with Janet and not him. They no longer needed Prince and he didn't like that.  Adding to that none of Prince's proteges were ever on Janet's level.... Hell Janet had surpassed Prince in the 90's. On top of that Janet was his arch enemy's little sister. Janet already had her shit together she didn't need the advice Prince was trying to give her. 

Edited by BlackCat1989
  • Upvote 2

I've NEVER been a Prince fan.....I just never got the hype. So when I heard him say that about Janet I really didn't like him. Bottom line is Prince was pissed that JJ and TL when off (after he had fired them) and became mega producers through working with Janet and not him. They no longer needed Prince and he didn't like that.  Adding to that none of Prince's proteges were ever on Janet's level.... Hell Janet had surpassed Prince in the 90's. On top of that Janet was his arch enemy's little sister. Janet already had her shit together she didn't need the advice Prince was trying to give her. 

I mean the tea that was spilled after he died, Prince was pissed Janet Jackson got that huge record deal with Virgin...PISSED!  like come on now, she just came off an album that generated more hits than any album before nor since, and you mad? you can be mad but dont be surprised Janet was the hottest thing to put on a record.

• Upvote 1

That Tina Landon chitchat happened in 1995 or 1996... 

Well this happened in 2000... so no.. you can turn off your caps lock and get off your high horse.  

Prince Radio Interview 2004:

In 2004, Prince was being interviewed and the interviewer played a word association game with him. He said that he would hold up cards with names on them and Prince had to say the first thing that came to mind. The interviewer held up a card that said ‘Michael Jackson’ and Prince responded ‘Genius’. Later on, the interviewer held up a card that said ‘Janet Jackson’ and Prince responded ‘The genuis’ sister.”

:mellow::blink: you posted that to say what? We already know he said this. The board has discussed this a million times over. This was where the speculation of Prince not liking Janet started. Timeline has nothing to do with anything. :wacko: Prince is commonly known for being shady. He had a shady momemt like ALL celebs do. So what?:lmao: He's shaded Madonna before but has collab'd wit her on a song and even wanted to do a joint tour with her at one point. Prince has shaded MJ many of times but still said nice things about him too. Um...so yeah....he goes back and forth.

I point YOU out in this because I recall you being hellbent on "knowing" Prince didnt like Janet and this proves your assumption WRONG. NO ONE gives advice to someone they dont like. PERIOD.

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 1

I mean the tea that was spilled after he died, Prince was pissed Janet Jackson got that huge record deal with Virgin...PISSED!  like come on now, she just came off an album that generated more hits than any album before nor since, and you mad? you can be mad but dont be surprised Janet was the hottest thing to put on a record.

lol! Right! He was walking around  Paisley Park saying "fucking Janet Jackson fucking Janet Jackson". Lmao she had him in his feelings for real. But that didn't stop him from hooking back up with JJ and TL. And then going out and hiring Janet's main Chorographer multiple times. He could have called anybody but he zoned in on Janet's crew. 

• Upvote 1

I was more interested in that Janet not wanting to change things up on tour/performances, assuming fans only wanna here the originals.  That could explain alot...

Janet does a lot for the fans, as Tina mentioned in another interview. I think what happened is Janet's records were in such heavy rotation the music listening public became used to hearing the record version of a song. It wasn't until the Janet. album did she actually start to have her music remixed by DJ's and after that those kinda took off too.

:mellow::blink: you posted that to say what? We already know he said this. The board has discussed this a million times over. This was where the speculation of Prince not liking Janet started. Timeline has nothing to do with anything. :wacko: Prince is commonly known for being shady. He had a shady momemt like ALL celebs do. So what?:lmao: He's shaded Madonna before but has collab'd wit her on a song and even wanted to do a joint tour with her at one point. Prince has shaded MJ many of times but still said nice things about him too. Um...so yeah....he goes back and forth.

I point YOU out in this because I recall you being hellbent on "knowing" Prince didnt like Janet and this proves your assumption WRONG. NO ONE gives advice to someone they dont like. PERIOD.

Yes.. timeline has everything to do with everything. If he told this to Tired Landon after 2004, then you have a point but you don't. #whomp 

The rest of the BS you said has nothing to do with Him & The Goddess. 

His last shade to Janet matters. Not what giving advice to Tired Landon to give to Janet (who already knew about owning masters so wasteful advice) 6 years prior 

That was in 1992-1993.

His final words are what matter... He shaded Janet in 2004... She got the last laugh when she didn't tell her team to tweet about it :coffee: Prince who?

That was in 1992-1993.

His final words are what matter... He shaded Janet in 2004... She got the last laugh when she didn't tell her team to tweet about it :coffee: Prince who?

yea he shaded her in 2004, but to be some what fair, everyone that wanted to take a dig did, that was a horrible time. As for his passing, we dont know if Janet maybe said something in private, we dont know, the fact there was no public statement was her business

yea he shaded her in 2004, but to be some what fair, everyone that wanted to take a dig did, that was a horrible time. As for his passing, we dont know if Janet maybe said something in private, we dont know, the fact there was no public statement was her business

To be fair, taking digs at Janet after whatever happened in 2004 is disrespectful and there's no wonder she didn't tweet about his self-demise

Yeah, no.. Stop with the "welll we don't know what she did in private". It's the same BS the Beytards used to explain why Beyoncé was denied access to the Goddess

To be fair, taking digs at Janet after whatever happened in 2004 is disrespectful and there's no wonder she didn't tweet about his self-demise

Yeah, no.. Stop with the "welll we don't know what she did in private". It's the same BS the Beytards used to explain why Beyoncé was denied access to the Goddess

Im not going to argue with you, as I said I believe again, artists can speak in private and not make a big deal publicly, so to think that it has to be seen and heard for us to believe one thing or the other takes away that private hey I called him up or vice versa...

I was more interested in that Janet not wanting to change things up on tour/performances, assuming fans only wanna here the originals.  That could explain alot...

THAT PART was soooo clear to me too! I was like... this explains it all. I always liked the fact that they used that other WHYDFML version that they used for the 87' Grammy's for the janet. Tour. Its just way "funkier" than the original. And what else it showed is how similar Janet and Michael think cus he was very adamant about the music not sounding any different than what was heard on the record. He as well felt his fans "wanted to hear it the way it was written" ..a quote from This is it. So more than likely Tina would push Janet to mix stuff up a lil bit. Thank God she listened for the 99' Amas "TA" remix performance.. Cus that was a bold but clever move. A performance of the original song would not have had the same impact imo

• Upvote 1

Hmm that didn't prove he liked Janet

And his shade didnt prove he dislikes her. Yall reading too much into stuff to begin with.

He hated her but wanted to get on the phone with her to give her helpful advice about the business. Yeah that makes ALOT of sense. YOU PPL.:blink: 

Go help someone you dislike. Thats so common in our society. 

Edited by janetDAYZ

And for those who been stating that Prince was mad over the Minneapolis sound. Initially he probably was (tho it is all assumption and speculation -we werent in his head) but it must not have stayed too sour cus when Prince died Jimmy stated in an interview that he, Terry and Prince had kept in contact and would sparodically touch base with each other. They even had discussions of possibly working on some of Prince's projects. So the bad blood didnt remain OBVIOUSLY. Yall want Prince to had remained jealous so bad... 

Edited by janetDAYZ

Well Janet respected Prince and went to his concerts and listened to his music..truly an inspiration..

BuT I do think he was mad that Janet along with JJ @& TL made it big with his sound but flipped it and created something totally new.  If anything, he should have been happy that JJ&TL branched out..it's not right to limit them to just being with him and not working with anyone else. LOL.

All in all, he still covered Her song and most likely was getting his life to ha music..

• Upvote 1

And his shade didnt prove he dislikes her. Yall reading too much into stuff to begin with.

He hated her but wanted to get on the phone with her to give her helpful advice about the business. Yeah that makes ALOT of sense. YOU PPL.:blink: 

Go help someone you dislike. Thats so common in our society. 

Giving shit "advice" to Janet's help isn't enough proof that Prince liked Janet. And that happened in 1995/6.. His shade of calling her "a genius sister" in 2004 is an insult to her career and her legacy.