The Lion King to get a Disney approved remake!

bu.

Disney and Jon Favreau Joining Forces on “The Lion King”

We can officially confirm that The Walt Disney Studios and director Jon Favreau are putting a new reimagining of The Lion King on the fast track to production. The project follows the technologically groundbreaking smash hit The Jungle Book, directed by Favreau, which debuted in April and has earned $965.8 million worldwide. 

The Lion King builds on Disney’s success of reimagining its classics for a contemporary audience with films like MaleficentCinderella, and The Jungle Book. The upcoming Beauty and the Beast, starring Emma Watson as Belle, is already one of the most anticipated movies of 2017. Like Beauty and the BeastThe Lion King will include songs from the animated film. Disney and Favreau are also in development on a sequel to The Jungle Book. No release date has been announced for either film. 

The Lion King (1994) is one of the biggest animated films of all time with a lifetime global box office gross of $968.8 million, including $422.8 million domestically. It won Academy Awards for the original song “Can You Feel the Love Tonight” (Elton John, Tim Rice) and original score (Hans Zimmer), plus two Grammy Awards, with the soundtrack selling over 14 million copies. 

https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disney-jon-favreau-the-lion-king/

Edited by Dammn Bu

Really? I'm not sure about this. The original is a damn classic.

I agree but they're all classics and so far they've all been good (although I've not seen Cinderella). I usually hate remakes but I've been loving the Disney ones so far. 

• Upvote 1

I asked for it and now I'm getting it. Maleficient was good. The Jungle Book was AWESOME! I'm so excited for this. I hope it is good but with the other two being great, I definitely have hope it will be. 

I heard the jungle book was just ok but Lord don't let them do it like they're doing Jumanji. It looks like a hot ass mess with The Rock aka Dwayne Johnson. 

I heard the jungle book was just ok but Lord don't let them do it like they're doing Jumanji. It looks like a hot ass mess with The Rock aka Dwayne Johnson. 

I loved The Jungle Book, personally. I forgot about Jumanji! I want to watch it but I've not seen the trailer. Is it really a mess? I hate The Rock as an actor. 

I loved The Jungle Book, personally. I forgot about Jumanji! I want to watch it but I've not seen the trailer. Is it really a mess? I hate The Rock as an actor. 

idk if it's a mess or not but I think it will be from the pic alone. Rock is not a good actor. He's mediocre and needs to stick to action movies. Jumanji doesn't need a remake and it will flop.

idk if it's a mess or not but I think it will be from the pic alone. Rock is not a good actor. He's mediocre and needs to stick to action movies. Jumanji doesn't need a remake and it will flop.

Damn bruh u so negatory..

it's not a remake btw.. it's a sequel.. and Dwayne Johnson is dope.. he seems like a genuinely nice down to earth type guy..

u suck tho

• Upvote 1

Damn bruh u so negatory..

it's not a remake btw.. it's a sequel.. and Dwayne Johnson is dope.. he seems like a genuinely nice down to earth type guy..

u suck tho

Shut up bitch. I'm talking about the movie not about Dwayne as a person you punk ass bitch so get his dick out your mouth. He's one of my favorite wrestlers so gtfo with yo sensitive ass. Pressed as fuck because I said he's not a good actor which he isn't. He's average at best. Looks like you suck yourself. Don't come for me cause i'm not the one. I never had a problem with you but please don't fuck with me. I already know Rock is a nice guy you idiot. It has nothing to do with his acting or that dumb ass Jumanji movie that's coming next year

Edited by JoeJoe

Shut up bitch. I'm talking about the movie not about Dwayne as a person you punk ass bitch so get his dick out your mouth. He's one of my favorite wrestlers so gtfo with yo sensitive ass. Pressed as fuck because I said he's not a good actor which he isn't. He's average at best. Looks like you suck yourself. Don't come for me cause i'm not the one. I never had a problem with you but please don't fuck with me. I already know Rock is a nice guy you idiot. It has nothing to do with his acting or that dumb ass Jumanji movie that's coming next year

eh I dunno...

u still suck doe

• Upvote 1

Who do you guys think should get the roles? Personally I would love Viola Davis for Sarabi and Lupita Nyong'o for adult Nala. Maybe David Oyelowo for adult Simba.

They should but we know Hollywood will try to whitewash it. I'd LOVE for Whoopi to reprise her role.