Unbreakable Turns 1 YO

Haven't listened to it all the way through for a while but it's easily in her top 5 of best albums. I would say at #5 at that.

1) RN1814

2) Control

3) TVR

4) janet.

5) Unbreakable

I definitely like it more than Control and slightly more than janet.

Well Traveled is always stuck in my head.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

There isn't one song, not one, that I don't appreciate on this album. Each and every track is straight up quality, and the album flows beautifully from song to song keeping the listener engaged the entire way.  They don't make 'em like this anymore.  And you know, I have to say, if I'm ranking the albums as a WHOLE, I MIGHT even put this at number 1 simply because of what I stated above.  While other projects had many standout, memorable tracks, none of them allowed me to listen from beginning to end without wanting to skip a track here and there.  

Well done, JJ, JJ and TL.  

Edited by JJATL
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

There isn't one song, not one, that I don't appreciate on this album. Each and every track is straight up quality, and the album flows beautifully from song to song keeping the listener engaged the entire way.  They don't make 'em like this anymore.  And you know, I have to say, if I'm ranking the albums as a WHOLE, I MIGHT even put this at number 1 simply because of what I stated above.  While other projects had many standout, memorable tracks, none of them allowed me to listen from beginning to end without wanting to skip a track here and there.  

Well done, JJ, JJ and TL.  

You see thats what i thought about my top 3 - RN, Janet and Damita Jo (for the most part). But this album completely made me reevaluate what i like about each her albums. RN will always be first, Unbreakable is now probably second and i dont know anymore happens to the list after that.

• Upvote 1

You see thats what i thought about my top 3 - RN, Janet and Damita Jo (for the most part). But this album completely made me reevaluate what i like about each her albums. RN will always be first, Unbreakable is now probably second and i dont know anymore happens to the list after that.

I hope Damita Jo isn't #3 :umm: :asham: 

I don't understand how anyone could rank the albums. It's like ranking your stepchildren (of course) there's the family pet Cats, JJ & DreamStreet but aside from them and the red head, Discipline, I don't know how I could rank them

Ehhhh: 

1) AFY

2) Rhythm Nation

3) Unbreakable :o 

3) TVR :shifty: 

5) Control

6) janet. 

7) Damita Jo

8) 20YO

9) Janet Jackson

10) Discipline

11) Disaster Avenue 

I hope Damita Jo isn't #3 :umm: :asham: 

I don't understand how anyone could rank the albums. It's like ranking your stepchildren (of course) there's the family pet Cats, JJ & DreamStreet but aside from them and the red head, Discipline, I don't know how I could rank them

Ehhhh: 

1) AFY

2) Rhythm Nation

3) Unbreakable :o 

3) TVR :shifty: 

5) Control

6) janet. 

7) Damita Jo

8) 20YO

9) Janet Jackson

10) Discipline

11) Disaster Avenue 

Not anymore no :lol:..though DJ will always have a special place in my heart. Mine is probably now something like

RN

Unbreakable

Janet

....i cant really rank the rest, but pretty sure Discipline is last.

• Upvote 1

Yes and yes. Unbreakable smartly took elements from all albums and brought something completely different to the table. This album gives me experience, joy, pain, wisdom, and reflection. It's so easy to go back to each album and appreciate what they offer. Unbreakable is like a big summary of her life and career.