• Announcements

• Planet Janet Rules   07/07/2015

General Rules for Planet Janet Welcome to Planet Janet! The main objective of this board is to express your love for Janet, your opinions, and to interact with an important segment of the Janet fandom.  To enjoy your experience here, below are general rules and guidelines to make your experience here be successful: The N Word Please be aware that the N word is going to be filtered on this forum. Most importantly, this word is not acceptable on this forum in any form; therefore, if it is used again by ANY member on here, it will result in an immediate and permanent ban. Consider this the first, only, and last warning regarding this. Music Download | Copyright Infringement Illegal download links to music from any artist are not permissible to be posted on this forum at any time. If you have posted an illegal download link, you must take it down immediately. Failure to remove the links, and/or subsequent, repeated offenses will result in disciplinary action up to and including a permanent ban from the forum. Fan Threads of Other Artists Generally, we like to keep threads and/or topics about other artists within an Official Artist Thread.  This helps to eliminate clutter and redundancy throughout the forum and allow a one-stop shop to view comments on that particular artist not pertaining to Janet.  If there is HUGE news related to an artist and generates a lot of discussion, it is okay to have a standalone thread on that topic outside of the Official Thread. A good debate is OKAY in the Official Threads of other artists.  Official Threads are not complete sanctuaries of devotion of that particular artist; however, there is a need to be civil with other members.  Please refrain from personal attacks and arguments that devolve into personal attacks. Additionally, do NOT use Janet as means to defend an artist.  This forum is made in her honor, and putting her down to boast your particular artist is prohibited. Exercise good judgment and common sense.  If not, then the moderating team will exercise disciplinary action depending on the egregiousness of the action.  Please utilize this announcement as a first warning. Personal Attacks

Each member has a warning percentage - most of them are at zero right now but a few have been warned before. Each warning is worth 10%, and once it gets to 100% the member is automatically banned from the forum. 

Each time a member gets into an argument with another member that includes personal attacks, if it is reported or viewed by a member of the moderating team, each participant in the personal attack will get an increase in their warning percentage.  They will be notified via PM, and, prior to posting again, will receive a receipt acknowledging that warning before they can post again. The Moderating Team will never divulge a member's warn percentages on the forum or to other members.

What this means is you are now responsible for your own future on this forum. The Moderating Team will not keep asking you to stop and being ignored. Learn to let things go and learn to moderate yourself before posting; if you end up banned it will be your own fault. Personal attacks and include attacks on one’s race, age, religious creed, color, gender, national origin, physical, mental or visual disability, medical condition, ancestry, marital and military status, pregnancy or sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and general physical appearance/looks. Depending on the nature of the personal attack there will be corrective action up and including permanent banning. If you have any inquiries about your warning percentage, feel free to PM a mod for an answer. If you need any clarification on the rules, feel free to reach out to The Moderating Team.

[NEW] Bruno Mars - 24k Magic (Official Video)

75 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Posted · Report post

Fuckkkkkkk the world just ended 

I'd like to hate this song. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

The song is hot! Very 90s rap sounding but singing imo. Does it sample something from the 90s?? I'm getting a puffy or 2Pac vibe. 

Edited by Dammn Bu

Posted · Report post

The kang is back! 

When my phone got the alert.... at midnight.... (I only get music update notifications for 2 artists honestly). 

I wasnt sure about this type of song for the 1st single aftee the massive success of UF 2yrs ago, I low key was more so rooting for a ballad or a rock song, BUT...... THAT 5'5 MOTHAFUCKA.....shiiiit he did it again.

Oh it samples California Love! I knew I picked up on an old school rap song but i thought it was BATW for a second lol

Edited by Dammn Bu

Posted · Report post

The kang is back! 

When my phone got the alert.... at midnight.... (I only get music update notifications for 2 artists honestly). 

I wasnt sure about this type of song for the 1st single aftee the massive success of UF 2yrs ago, I low key was more so rooting for a ballad or a rock song, BUT...... THAT 5'5 MOTHAFUCKA.....shiiiit he did it again.

Gaga who?

Posted · Report post

Gaga who?

She really does keep getting upstaged :(

Posted · Report post

She really does keep getting upstaged :(

Maybe if she put forth more time in quality hooks and meaningful songs she wouldn't have fizzled out so quickly

Posted · Report post

Maybe if she put forth more time in quality hooks and meaningful songs she wouldn't have fizzled out so quickly

She should stick to acting. Out of all the girls she has the most potential to be an EGOT -_- 

Posted · Report post

Lemme buy this real quick tho :wub: 

2016 isn't so bad after all :asham: 

Posted · Report post

I really like the song! It initially gave me some 80s R&B vibes (Zapp and Roger specifically). I like that a lot of his songs have a throwback feel to them.

Posted · Report post

He is such a one trick pony. 

Posted · Report post

LOVE IT :wub:   Reminds me of this masterpiece for some reason

Posted · Report post

It hasn't been 24hrs and I lost count of how many times I've heard it, I know it mostly by heart now, GOD how does this man just own the way he does?:wub:

I'm so excited about the album, like his albums slay because they're never 1 genre or 1 style, and he's purposely been hard at work outdoing himself for this project for the last few years (well specifically since his last tour ended) so it all begins. AND we'll be getting the 2nd song soon cause he'll be the musical guest on SNL next week....Gaga will be the week after....that's interesting.

He came to own, that's what everything abot this all is feeling right, he made sre the timing was right and that all the ducks were in order.

favorite lines:
Oh they don't know? (Go on tell 'em)
Oh they don't know? (Go on tell 'em)
I bet they know soon as we walk in (Showin' up)

(the whole 2nd verse)
Second verse for the hustlas (hustlas)

Gangstas (gangstas)
Bad bitches and ya ugly ass friends (Haha)
Can I preach? (Uh oh) Can I preach? (Uh oh)
I gotta show 'em how a pimp get it in
First, take your sip (sip), do your dip (dip)
Spend your money like money ain't shit (Whoop, whoop)
We too fresh
Got to blame in on Jesus
Hashtag blessed
They ain't ready for me

LOVE IT :wub:   Reminds me of this masterpiece for some reason

I agree, it's not a copy ofcourse, but like same tribe as.That's still my favorite Snoop song.

Posted · Report post

He is such a one trick pony. 

No. he just knows what he's doing with his career. If his second single is like this one than you have a point

No. he just knows what he's doing with his career. If his second single is like this one than you have a point

Exactly, if he were every 1 of his hits would at least be in the same genre. But the hilarity is he's 1 of FEW male artists in the last 10 yrs who arent. He has hit ballads, pop songs, dance songs, rap songs  R&B, rock. Wrote, produced & composed numerous hits for others, is a 1 man band & choreographer......who.else?

Hell, he coulda luxuriated the rest of the year with that Adele credit.

Edited by jarrylf

Posted · Report post

Exactly, if he were every 1 of his hits would at least be in the same genre. But the hilarity is he's 1 of FEW male artists in the last 10 yrs who arent. He has hit ballads, pop songs, dance songs, rap songs  R&B, rock. Wrote, produced & composed numerous hits for others, is a 1 man band & choreographer......who.else?

Hell, he coulda luxuriated the rest of the year with that Adele credit.

Timberlake is a one-trick pony... Bruno is very versatile... Talking to the Moon ugh!!! I miss that song

Posted · Report post

Timberlake is a one-trick pony... Bruno is very versatile... Talking to the Moon ugh!!! I miss that song

EXACTLY.

Ch....how you just gon up & bring up 1 of the 5 songs that solidified that he's the only mothafuckin man of the last 15yrs worth my time.....

TALKIN TO THE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

TRYIN TA GET TO YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUOOOOOUUUU

AND HOPE YOU'RE ON THE OTHERSIDE TALKIN TO ME TOO!

Image result for mARIAH cAREY American Idol gif

Posted · Report post

There's a part of it that reminds me of Puffys Been Around The World so badly 

oh oh I said that already 

Posted · Report post

There's a part of it that reminds me of Puffys Been Around The World so badly 

oh oh I said that already 

:lol: you are a mess

Posted · Report post

:lol: you are a mess

drunk :lol:

Posted · Report post

I wonder where it'll debut, I'd almost put money on top 10, like there's Banners ALLLLLLL over the net, the song is being played all throught the streets of LA this weekend....the promotion game is off the chain, there's no way at the very least this won't debut a top 20

Posted · Report post

Im sold instantly :mellow:  so hot ....just another reason I wish Brunonet would happen :shifty:

Posted · Report post

Nah. I'll pass.