[NEW] Bruno Mars - 24k Magic (Official Video)

bu.

I don't like his Sophomore album much but his first and this album is really really good. 

Im disappointed it was nine songs but I skipped two of them (Versace & the track after it). 

The Babyface track is basic... after working with Adele, Bruno should have come stronger with his ballad. 

Oh and one last thing: NINE TRACKS?!? Wtf. Zero exclusives too... that's where he messed up

Well both previous albums had 10 tracks in standards, but yea I agree, he's not 1 I depend on for the bonus tracks just because in both previous occassions the bonus tracks were mostly remixes I didn't like or use as much as the original, it's only usually like 1 track that tho good, with both previous albums they never were apart of my top 5 on the album

Granted, I'll give you the verses are basic, I'm sorry that chours killzt, and the vocals on last half....I'm sold, The verses have work to do and time to grow, but that end took OVER, I've aleady listened 3 times in a row jumping to just that part lol. BUT yea I'd prefer if he did the song he did for Adele....that could've bee a bonus track...and itd be his best one at that.

The track after Versace (straight up & down) is the only 1 I can call legit filler that made me not want to replay almost immediately after. I've heard so much of this album so much now....and I'ma keep hearing it all day lol

Bought the album and it's simply incredible!! Sounds like it's straight out the 80's!! My type of music!

ALSO!!! The wife and I just bought our concert tickets!! July can't come fast enough!

I HAVE to see him live. He's the only A list artist of 2000's I deem worthy of money live so yea I plan on seeing him multiple times myself. I like that he has that Prince/Jill Scott thing where you really never fully know what the setlist might be, he will play whatever he wants lol...I FUCKING LOVE THAT

• Upvote 1

Right, I was so very disappointed in learning that was him 

And it pleases me that he dedicated that song to you, its accurate. See it's about warning this girl if she dont stop ignoring him hes calling someone else.....that sounds accurate since...you mine. I dedicate Versace On The Floor to you. :D

I haven't heard this song yet but I'll have you on my mind when I hear it :shifty:

Im legit having a hard time ranking this album. I know I like it more than DW&H but I don't know if I like it more than Unorthadox. I think it's too early to tell it's gonna be seen with what gets more replay, (how many tracks). I still use 4 tracks from DW&H (1. Talking To The Moon, 2. Just The Way You Are, 3. Grenade, 4. Count On Me) 6 tracks from Unorthadox  (1. Moonshine, 2. Locked Out Of Heaven, 3. Treasure, 4. When I Was Your Man 5. Gorilla 6. Natalie). And from this album it's actually potentially 8 songs I can see myself still bopping to 2 years from now, craving.

This is gonna take some time

Image result for Lucille La Verne

Edited by jarrylf

My ranking of the songs and the artist(s) they remind me of...

1. Calling All My Lovelies (Prince)
2. Straight Up And Down (Bobby Brown, Freddie Jackson)
3. Finesse (BBD)
4. Too Good To Say Goodbye (The Jacksons)
5. That’s What I Like (Usher)
6. Versace On The Floor (Michael Jackson, Isley-Jasper-Isley)
7. Chunky (Michael Jackson, The Time)
8. 24K Magic (Gap Band, Zapp, Cameo)
9. Perm (James Brown)

• Upvote 1

Too Good To Say Goodbye reminds me of Boyz II Men, I realized most of the times the Michael vibe is easiest to hear just because his voice & singing style & harmonies are similar

The harmonies remind me so much of The Jacksons, not necessarily Michael's solo work.

Bruno has yet to capture a #1 album in the United States but that's not a bad thing. His sales are improving with each album. This album is on track to sell 200k (w/ singles and streaming sales). Compare that to his previous effort (196k roughly), I say, job well done

Edited by Game
  • Upvote 1

He's yet to debut #1, but Unorthadox got there 12 weeks after its debut, I love that, that seems rare these days

I really hope this album follows the previous album's traditions of having strong longevity. Like  whether or not the album's debut at #1, he has what alot of artists that stretigically stunt & plan on #1 debut lack, and thats legit longevity of a era, he promotes his albums up to 2 yrs since their release 

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 2

#2? Bruno ? He needs to release in the Summer :asham: 

Depending on the next single & promotion & competition (which hes in short supply of)   he can get there, he did it last time. Kudos to fucking Metalica...no Hot 100 single entry since 2008, and beating Bruno Mars to #1 opening over 300k. That rocker audience don't play with their Legends, I love that for them.

• Upvote 3

Depending on the next single & promotion & competition (which hes in short supply of)   he can get there, he did it last time. Kudos to fucking Metalica...no Hot 100 single entry since 2008, and beating Bruno Mars to #1 opening over 300k. That rocker audience don't play with their Legends, I love that for them.

was gonna ask who is number 1 then....but you answered that -_-  ...certain audiences are very loyal to their artists

I don't think anyone's worth listening to releasing an album this week. 

Finesse is my favorite song. The amount of new jack swing moves I've been doing every day because of it, yaaaas!!

The first three songs are the weakest, but Chunky is decent.

That's What I Like should be the next single!

Edited by Kishi