[NEW DATE?] Unbreakable Tour 2018

feehgarcia

I dont see it....not with her husband ...who I think has a great deal more influence on her

I agree that most parents wouldn't want newborns on the road, but as far as the husband he has been on the road with her in the past. I think he is influential in her decision making as every husband & wife should be. It's a union for a reason. 

Nonetheless, Janet does not have the best record in touring within her later years in the eyes of the general public. In my opinion, it would be a much better move for her to create compelling visuals & content then jump right into touring. Make ppl want you again, not just your solid fanbase but the world at large. It would work more in her favor to have more content than just touring. It would also allow her to be home with the child. 

And i I don't mean some black & white sound stage video. I mean what she is known for. Put that money toward visuals. Rebuild your brand/message. Control the narrative by creating your own dialogue & engagement. So much has fallen short from Unbreakable confessions to the music app for the show - I would rehire for my creative team, & rework her image to the new maturity she's obviously living in. 

Lastly, this only works if it's new material. If not it's another Greatest Hits tour. It can't be a 2 year old Unbreakable tour. 

• Upvote 2

I agree that most parents wouldn't want newborns on the road, but as far as the husband he has been on the road with her in the past. I think he is influential in her decision making as every husband & wife should be. It's a union for a reason. 

Nonetheless, Janet does not have the best record in touring within her later years in the eyes of the general public. In my opinion, it would be a much better move for her to create compelling visuals & content then jump right into touring. Make ppl want you again, not just your solid fanbase but the world at large. It would work more in her favor to have more content than just touring. It would also allow her to be home with the child. 

And i I don't mean some black & white sound stage video. I mean what she is known for. Put that money toward visuals. Rebuild your brand/message. Control the narrative by creating your own dialogue & engagement. So much has fallen short from Unbreakable confessions to the music app for the show - I would rehire for my creative team, & rework her image to the new maturity she's obviously living in. 

Lastly, this only works if it's new material. If not it's another Greatest Hits tour. It can't be a 2 year old Unbreakable tour. 

exactly, but unfortunately she doesn't seem to care about her career

No parent with a moral compass is bringing a newborn on the road with them.

read what I said. I said CHILD(ren). Not BABY... reading is fundamental Joe

in 2018 the child(ren) can walk and you do realize Janet will have help 

Still think that's crazy? Let's ask Mrs. Carter what she thinks 

Edited by Game

exactly, but unfortunately she doesn't seem to care about her career

That tired old narriative that has been debunked for so long

Janet isn't apart of some label. There's no multi-million dollar budget for a promo tour or wasting money on a video (COM). Please stop using Austin's tired ass comments without backing it up with actual proof. You all sound like the Orange Puff

• Upvote 1

? Janet Jackson's official page = her website :wacko: 

idk why y'all acting stupid. Pretty sure she said she'd be back:

Janet - I will be back

The Great Depressed: No she won't 

Janet - See ya in 2018

TGD: lolololo that's fake 

oh the Great Depressed has taken over

Pre-multipage prediction: Austin is going to double down on his negative rhetoric.. his lambs will follow 

Edited by Game

Remember Number Ones up close and personal? 

does anybody? Anyway that wasn't an album that was....well idk wtf that was or why she did that compilation. Nobody really tours for a greatest hits collection. Janet only did that tour because of how much love she received from the general public, word of mouth, and people making it no.1 on itunes. She saw it as an opportunity since the world saw her slay by just walking back and forth. She was smart as hell but never has someone as big as her waited 2yrs to tour for an album is all i'm saying. I'll be there to see her but everybody has forgotten about the album and those fans overseas have promised not to buy tickets for her again so idk how it's gonna go when she comes back but I know i'll be front row

• Upvote 1

does anybody? Anyway that wasn't an album that was....well idk wtf that was or why she did that compilation. Nobody really tours for a greatest hits collection. Janet only did that tour because of how much love she received from the general public, word of mouth, and people making it no.1 on itunes. She saw it as an opportunity since the world saw her slay by just walking back and forth. She was smart as hell but never has someone as big as her waited 2yrs to tour for an album is all i'm saying. I'll be there to see her but everybody has forgotten about the album and those fans overseas have promised not to buy tickets for her again so idk how it's gonna go when she comes back but I know i'll be front row

eghsdgsdfh BITCH

WumYyQM_zpstmcwcv4z.gif

If she does come back, I expect the tour (specifically Europe dates--if they were to still happen) to be downsized. I feel she's in a very awkward position. If she wants a career, she's going to have to revamp herself. Unbreakable could have been the thing that reignited her flame and got her back into people's minds, but the whole project was not properly supported. She's gonna have to rebuild again.

And 2018 would be too soon with a baby. I don't think she'd want to be travelling around the globe with her first child.

If she does come back, I expect the tour (specifically Europe dates--if they were to still happen) to be downsized. I feel she's in a very awkward position. If she wants a career, she's going to have to revamp herself. Unbreakable could have been the thing that reignited her flame and got her back into people's minds, but the whole project was not properly supported. She's gonna have to rebuild again.

And 2018 would be too soon with a baby. I don't think she'd want to be travelling around the globe with her first child.

Let's ask the other mothers with children how long it took them to get back to work :coffee: 

She can absolutely take her first born on tour if literally every other diva could. From Bey to Britney 

• Upvote 1

A one year old is still a baby silly rabbit. :lmao:

He's such an idiot. That's why he's still on ignore and next month it'll be a year. Always thinking he knows better than everyone else. Since when is someone who can barely even walk yet not considered a baby? lol

Edited by JoeJoe
  • Downvote 1

I won't say she doesn't care about her career, but I think her interest in it is just different from what it used to be. She's a lot more mature now and the need/desire for big numbers is behind her. Although I do feel she could boost her visibility with visuals but because she's kinda let her visuals go they don't get as much love & viewership. 

All the extra shit about no need for it or promo is bs. If she's a visual artist then that should be continued, especially to spread her message & deeper lyrics at this point. Idc who is tired of hearing it or if it will never change, she needs someone else in Gil's place. I understand age & maturing but there's someone that can get her a happy medium & still be on the same page. 

I think Janet cares about her career but I don't think she makes it her top priority. I think she uses it at this point to do more meaningful things but when it comes to the music, I'd like to see her revive her visuals. I wonder how it will all play out though, I'm ALWAYS down for new music but I hope she would maximize it. 

• Upvote 2

I won't say she doesn't care about her career, but I think her interest in it is just different from what it used to be. She's a lot more mature now and the need/desire for big numbers is behind her. Although I do feel she could boost her visibility with visuals but because she's kinda let her visuals go they don't get as much love & viewership. 

All the extra shit about no need for it or promo is bs. If she's a visual artist then that should be continued, especially to spread her message & deeper lyrics at this point. Idc who is tired of hearing it or if it will never change, she needs someone else in Gil's place. I understand age & maturing but there's someone that can get her a happy medium & still be on the same page. 

I think Janet cares about her career but I don't think she makes it her top priority. I think she uses it at this point to do more meaningful things but when it comes to the music, I'd like to see her revive her visuals. I wonder how it will all play out though, I'm ALWAYS down for new music but I hope she would maximize it. 

Janet is worried about her own life now and that's perfectly fine. Look at what she's done and where she is now is why she worked so hard

the Great Depressed's expectations of an independent artist exceeds reality and they yet to come to terms with reality. They live in this fantasy world where if Janet would do what they want done, spend her own money (millions of dollars with NEGATIVR PROFIT) then they will be happy

The Great Depressed only thinks about themselves and it has shown since Janet went independent (many whom were all for it in 2004-2008 when Janet was striking out with her major labels). 

Promotion doesn't work... ask any label executive scrambling to make ends meet. An artist can promote, promote, promote and sell 77k first week and 12k the week after. 

Janet has proved promo doesn't work. What works is great music. Ask Adele, Drake, Beyoncé... none of these three need to promote their albums and they have the top selling albums of the year

You cannot maximize an album with a minimum budget. 

Janet is worried about her own life now and that's perfectly fine. Look at what she's done and where she is now is why she worked so hard

the Great Depressed's expectations of an independent artist exceeds reality and they yet to come to terms with reality. They live in this fantasy world where if Janet would do what they want done, spend her own money (millions of dollars with NEGATIVR PROFIT) then they will be happy

The Great Depressed only thinks about themselves and it has shown since Janet went independent (many whom were all for it in 2004-2008 when Janet was striking out with her major labels). 

Promotion doesn't work... ask any label executive scrambling to make ends meet. An artist can promote, promote, promote and sell 77k first week and 12k the week after. 

Janet has proved promo doesn't work. What works is great music. Ask Adele, Drake, Beyoncé... none of these three need to promote their albums and they have the top selling albums of the year

You cannot maximize an album with a minimum budget. 

Stop being delusional. Promotion comes in various forms & in today's time you absolutely can create compelling visuals for low costs. It's the industry that I work in. So a lot of times, unlike you, I'm speaking from a place of experience. There are COUNTLESS talented videographers who can create projects that look like short films - that would cost less than some of the major name directors Janet has used on this project alone. You sound stupid trying to defend something that no one is attacking. 

Believe it or not, Janet IS promoting she's just doing it in a minimal way that isn't effective to the way social media is really used. She has damn near been seen more in pregnancy than she was during album time. She could have kept her mystique, spent nearly the same amount of money & got better results. I'm ALLLLL for independent artist, like Chance The Rapper, Childish Gambino, Vince Staples, & countless more who are able to still create visuals. You always want to come and talk about what wouldn't help because you think Janet can't get over the hurdle. 

If she had a truly creative team, it would show in her roll out. It costs Janet more to tour than to do a few short videos. Use a live streaming service to discuss her album from inside the studio - it costs more to have someone record her lyric video in the studio than it would have to go online & give people a link while her & Jimmy cackle telling stories & showing which beats they did. Showing snippets. Not only would her fans be happy she'd be saving. 

Your "Great Depressed" schtick is so corny & reaffirms your social awkwardness that you've thought was cool for so long. 

• Upvote 2