Janet is nominated for an American Music Award

kaeh1213

They can't find a picture of Janet tho??  

But real talk, I'm so glad to see that she was nominated this year!!  Of course Unbreakable is deserving as an album, but I truly believe that the efforts of us, her fans, have played a big role in putting Janet's incredible legacy of work back into the social consciousness.  For all those involved in the "new movement", this nomination is worth celebrating!  

Let's make room, shake the room, bang bang we gon gon GET IT!!  

• Upvote 2

Janet aint won no awards since.... 

They dont even give em to her no more since shes an older act. Hell even with A4U janet was still succesful and she didnt even win no awards for that era hardly. She was getting lifetime achievements n shit. So yeah...its kinda pointless to nominate older acts when they dont even stand a chance. They are used as fillers. 

Janet aint won no awards since.... 

They dont even give em to her no more since shes an older act. Hell even with A4U janet was still succesful and she didnt even win no awards for that era hardly. She was getting lifetime achievements n shit. So yeah...its kinda pointless to nominate older acts when they dont even stand a chance. They are used as fillers. 

She won an AMA in 2002 for all for you. Plus you also have to consider that politics and competition were way different from today.

Edited by Illi

She won an AMA in 2002 for all for you. Plus you also have to consider that politics and competition were way different from today.

One award...thats my point. By that time Janet was already considerd a legend cus by that time she started recieving all those lifetime achievement awards. And legends usually dont even get nomiated for most awards (outside of grammys) and if they do...they lose to the current girls. So in this ama category janet is merely a filler.

I doubt she's gonna be bothered with going, she barely attended the BET awards 

And the only reason she attended was to receive the award she deserves. 

Same goes for this. If the AMA community wants a legend and two icons in one building, they will vote for Janet

if they want two icons who were going to show up anyways... then that's fine too 

It is the best album nominated in that category... according to Critics :coffee: 

what does that have to do with anything?

the AMA winners are determined solely by sales...

so like I said, it's a nice gesture, but any chance of her winning is DOA..

EDIT: I just looked up the AMAs and found that it has changed to online polling that determines the winners, as opposed to music sales (how it used to be).. either way, the Beyhive and the Navy will be out in full force. So I stand by what I was saying by calling it a nice gesture, because it is. Most likely it was the AMA's slight attempt at getting her to show up to add some sort of legitimacy to the whole event...imo 

EDIT: I just looked up the AMAs and found that it has changed to online polling that determines the winners, as opposed to music sales (how it used to be).. either way, the Beyhive and the Navy will be out in full force. So I stand by what I was saying by calling it a nice gesture, because it is. Most likely it was the AMA's slight attempt at getting her to show up to add some sort of legitimacy to the whole event...imo 

Someone posted the online polling results on instagram yesterday. Rihanna had the lead with over 37,000. Janet was second with over 35,000. And Beyonce was third with over 34,000. They took it down before I could save it.

• Upvote 1

I didn't agree or disagree. I just stated facts 

It's a nice gesture for sure 

• Upvote 1