Surviving Compton, Miche'le Biopic ..

Bailey

Dr. Dre Ready To Sue After Lifetime’s Michel’le Biopic ‘Surviving Compton’ Shows Him As A Woman Beater

Lifetime has yet to air its upcoming Michel’le biopic, “Surviving Compton: Dre, Suge & Michel’le,” but hip-hop producer Dr. Dre is already set to sue Sony Pictures if the made for TV movie airs.

Starring Rhyon Nicole Brown as singer Michel’le, the film tells the singer’s story about her relationship with Dr. Dre, which included physical abuse at the hands of the producer. It’s a story that Michel’le says was left out of the 2015 hit movie, “Straight Outta Compton.” But while the film depicts Dr. Dre as an abuser, the producer claims he never hit Michel’le. The two dated from the late ‘80s to the early ‘90s and have a child togther. 

According to TMZ, Dre denies any abuse and his legal team has sent a cease and desist letter to Sony Pictures. The letter reportedly states that Dre and Michel’le dated 30 years ago and during the time, she never hinted at abuse or violent behavior. The letter also claims that Michel’le never filed a police report or sought medical attention.

While no one knows if the abuse claims are true, during an interview with Wendy Williams on Oct. 3, Michel’le spoke about her relationship with Dre and revealed why she didn’t leave him.

“I stayed because it was normal,” she said. “After the first hit, you don’t think they’re going to do it again. I didn’t call the police because I didn’t want him to go to jail. All the men around me were always going to jail and be gone for years and I didn’t think that was a good idea.”

Trailers and an early screening of the film show Dr. Dre’s character as extremely violent — attacking Michel’le as she records a song and even punching her in the stomach in front of a group of people.

The film also stars Curtis Hamilton as Dr. Dre, Jamie Kennedy as Jerry Heller and R. Marcos Taylor as Suge Knight, who is reprising his role from “Straight Outta Compton.” “Surviving Compton: Dre, Suge & Michel’le” airs Oct. 15 at 8 p.m. EDT on Lifetime. 

Dr. Dre

Bitch dont even try it. For her to be a no name those are respectable numbers:blink: her first wk sales are certainly bigger than ppl who are "suppose" to be bigger than her. I aint even gotta name names... So lets not  And pretend we own a brain supported with rationality

A no-name? Is this Tinashe or Beyoncé's sister?

How many units sold? 77k? 

*sarcastic clap gif*

Isn't that like a 40% increase from her last album? You said no one heard it but some people clearly did. An acclaimed #1 record from a nobody.

Bitch dont even try it. For her to be a no name those are respectable numbers:blink: her first wk sales are certainly bigger than ppl who are "suppose" to be bigger than her. I aint even gotta name names... So lets not  And pretend we own a brain supported with rationality

Drag it. 

A no-name? Is this Tinashe or Beyoncé's sister?

You expect her to have automatic success because she's Beyonce's sister? Should we expect more from LaToya then? :shifty:. Being her sister certainly opened more doors for her the same way it did for Janet with Michael. But that doesn't guarantee automatic success otherwise Dream Street & Janet Jackson would have been successful. 

Edited by Dammn Bu
  • Upvote 1

Isn't that like a 40% increase from her last album? You said no one heard it but some people clearly did. An acclaimed #1 record from a nobody.

Drag it. 

You expect her to have automatic success because she's Beyonce's sister? Should we expect more from LaToya then? :shifty:. Being her sister certainly opened more doors for her the same way it did for Janet with Michael. But that doesn't guarantee automatic success otherwise Dream Street & Janet Jackson would have been successful. 

She's not a no body. She became famous after beating up JayZ in an elevator 

LaToya blew her chances when she decided to pose for Playboy :rolleyes: and be all cray :lol: 

I can't take away her success but the biopic is shit like all the rest

She's not a no body. She became famous after beating up JayZ in an elevator 

LaToya blew her chances when she decided to pose for Playboy :rolleyes: and be all cray :lol: 

I can't take away her success but the biopic is shit like all the rest

She's not exactly a household name though. She's not known for her music - she's known for being Beyonce's sister and the elevator so those numbers are good for someone of her calibre. 

Well LaToya doesn't have any singing talent to be honest :asham:

It's just a current trend. TLC's was deemed a success so everyone jumped on the bandwagon. I bet there'll be biopics from Brandy, Faith Evans and other 80s/90s acts at one point too. 

Edited by Dammn Bu

I'm sure he doesn't have to worry since no one saw it

The ratings were high and it was the top trending topic from the time it aired through Sunday.  They disrespected her by leaving her out of straight out of Compton.  You can go on youtube and see the videos of her hanging with the group just like she was in this biopic.  Dre had a chance to tell the truth but put more effort into making himself look like a gangster.  Not sure what he is suing for. 

• Upvote 1

‘Surviving Compton’ Attracts 2.3M Viewers In Saturday Premiere, Starts Strong Socially

The network’s Saturday’s premiere of the one-hour documentary Beyond The Headlines: Michel’le averaged 1.9 million total viewers, retaining 83% of itsSurviving Compton lead-in.

All in, Lifetime boasts, the network reached 9.4 million viewers across all weekend telecasts of the two projects, which touch on the life of hip-hop recording artist Michel’le.

Surviving Compton, from Sony Pictures Television and Thinkfactory Media, was was the most social TV program (excluding sports) on the day of its premiere, with 216K unique people generating 506K interactions across Facebook and Twitter. Surviving Compton was the most social movie of the weekend with a total of 573K interactions.

http://deadline.com/2016/10/surviving-compton-2-million-viewers-premiere-lifetime-1201838508/

Edited by Dammn Bu
  • Upvote 1

AND Oprah called her up for a meeting immediately after seeing it too

I had a strong feeling this movie would do the good it's doing. Not just in those impressive numbers, but in her career. And what's great is Dre actally got more widespread publicity for it for publically trying so hard to stop it, it's understandable because it's apart of his image & life he's not proud of & from our viewpoints have grown from (hell the fact that Straight outta Compton dealt with none of the abuse stuff says that too), but you gotta pay the price for your past and when you do people like that wrong. And his price in the grand scheme of things isn't even that much for him to pay. He's a successful billionaire, let babymama #5 or 6 or whatever number she is tell herr story and just deal.

:The movie also brought back a annoyance that Straight Outta Compton said her name maybe 3 times. But I & any fan of hers & N.W.A. didn't need her movie to leearn that she was as HEAVILY involved with them as she was & as involved with Dre's decisions and moves....but the movie couldn't show NONE of that? Tis why I rooted for this movie from the beginning and hoped it would be the movie it surely is. Proud of her.

• Upvote 1