Surviving Compton, Miche'le Biopic ..

Bailey

Awwww BUBU HES RIGHT AND YOU SOOOOO SHOULD, both were really really REALLY well done. My only negative critique of this film is the same I have for most TV movies, the pacing, but in this movie that's not even a huge problem or much of a noticeable one.

And my only negative critique of Straight Outta Compton was always how they painted a picture of Dre thats only half of who he was.....and Michel'le's movie paints that other half. I mean shit SOC painted that he met his current wife and she changed him and helped him make these decisions. Um.. its kinda played out, but Dre was cheating on Michel'le, in their bed, with who he married. Like not trying to discredit their love or relationship, but the movie don't even mention Dre & Michael'le dated at all, let alone they did for like 8-9yrs......that kind of omission I didnt like

• Upvote 3

Awwww BUBU HES RIGHT AND YOU SOOOOO SHOULD, both were really really REALLY well done. My only negative critique of this film is the same I have for most TV movies, the pacing, but in this movie that's not even a huge problem or much of a noticeable one.

And my only negative critique of Straight Outta Compton was always how they painted a picture of Dre thats only half of who he was.....and Michel'le's movie paints that other half. I mean shit SOC painted that he met his current wife and she changed him and helped him make these decisions. Um.. its kinda played out, but Dre was cheating on Michel'le, in their bed, with who he married. Like not trying to discredit their love or relationship, but the movie don't even mention Dre & Michael'le dated at all, let alone they did for like 8-9yrs......that kind of omission I didnt like

Yeah I hate when biopic movies do that. I was disappointed in Toni's when they screwed up the janet. reference by placing it in 1992 instead of 1993.

I need to watch both because although I like the music I don't know their story so it'll be great to see it for that.

Yeah I hate when biopic movies do that. I was disappointed in Toni's when they screwed up the janet. reference by placing it in 1992 instead of 1993.

I need to watch both because although I like the music I don't know their story so it'll be great to see it for that.

Omg I was mad that Toni's got years completely fucked up like that, and that movies pacing was all over the place  (same for Whitney's & the awful Aaliyah movie). With this movie its more so in the beginning, kid for like 3mins then getting discovered at 18 lol. When I am interested in who she was before Dre, hell she was mute till she was 6, no mention in this film.

Yes, it strengthens the love & understanding of the music.

Whats funny too, homie that played Easy looked ZERO percent like him but he played that part. Thats why I dont put the weight of a bio pic on the actors looks, its important, but it shouldn't make or break the movie, the performances should.....perfect example, Man In The Mirror is God Awful cause of the look & the performances & the writing lol

Omg I was mad that Toni's got years completely fucked up like that, and that movies pacing was all over the place  (same for Whitney's & the awful Aaliyah movie). With this movie its more so in the beginning, kid for like 3mins then getting discovered at 18 lol. When I am interested in who she was before Dre, hell she was mute till she was 6, no mention in this film.

Yes, it strengthens the love & understanding of the music.

Whats funny too, homie that played Easy looked ZERO percent like him but he played that part. Thats why I dont put the weight of a bio pic on the actors looks, its important, but it shouldn't make or break the movie, the performances should.....perfect example, Man In The Mirror is God Awful cause of the look & the performances & the writing lol

To think Toni was involved in it too :lol:. I haven't seen Whit's or Aaliyah's yet. TLC's is one I've enjoyed the most so far. Toni's I wasn't feeling the acting especially from the Seer who was so off-putting :lmao:. I was expecting her to start doing an incantation and the Charmed ones to come out and do something. Tamar was so OTT too but I guess that's true to the character. 

Lord do not remind me of Man In The Mirror. Flex was a fool for that acting.

AND Oprah called her up for a meeting immediately after seeing it too

I had a strong feeling this movie would do the good it's doing. Not just in those impressive numbers, but in her career. And what's great is Dre actally got more widespread publicity for it for publically trying so hard to stop it, it's understandable because it's apart of his image & life he's not proud of & from our viewpoints have grown from (hell the fact that Straight outta Compton dealt with none of the abuse stuff says that too), but you gotta pay the price for your past and when you do people like that wrong. And his price in the grand scheme of things isn't even that much for him to pay. He's a successful billionaire, let babymama #5 or 6 or whatever number she is tell herr story and just deal.

:The movie also brought back a annoyance that Straight Outta Compton said her name maybe 3 times. But I & any fan of hers & N.W.A. didn't need her movie to leearn that she was as HEAVILY involved with them as she was & as involved with Dre's decisions and moves....but the movie couldn't show NONE of that? Tis why I rooted for this movie from the beginning and hoped it would be the movie it surely is. Proud of her.

I didn't need to see her in SOC to know her story but for this new generation I think they needed to know.  Mary J Blige credited Michelle for being a pioneer in R&B and hip hop before her and she is right.  I don't recall a female singer at that time singing over hard beats with a soulful voice like Michelle was.  SOC also did not tell Eazy E's full story.  At no time after NWA broke up was he broke or depressed over Ice Cube's success.  He was still making money off of all of them and had the most successful rap group at that time in Bone Thugs N harmony. 

• Upvote 1

No they didn't, Paul Giamatti played him in Straight Outta Compton, Jaime Kennedy played him in this. Hes just stepped it up as s actor with this role, a long way from Malibu's Most Wanted. 

that's Jamie Kennedy?! :o They did that makeup damn good! I can't tell the difference

• Upvote 2

I watched it when it aired. The beginning moved really quickly. It started with her childhood, and after about 5 minutes, they were already in the late 80s. :umm: Maybe I'm missing something, but idk how her story ties into NWA/SOC (someone explain this to me). She just seems like a product of the rise of NWA, and it seems like her storyline is independent of theirs. Might be cuz of SOC's omission of her and what role she played. I guess she stands as a testament of their popularity. As for the abuse, something tells me it was hardly exaggerated. I believe Dr. Dre (whose mentions have been in shambles literally since the movie premiered :lmao:) abused her just as much as they showed in the movie. 

• Upvote 1

When I first heard this movie was being made, I was excited because SOC left A LOT out. Of course movies have time restraints and NWA had a lot of people involved, so I understood that.

Finding out that it was on Lifetime worried me, because their movies are horribly acted, scripted, and edited. But I have to say, this was one of the BEST movies I've seen from Lifetime (Prayers For Bobby is up there too, such a touching film).

What I loved was Michel'le as a narrator, that gave the movie an edge over the other biopics. And I didn't feel that any of the actors were acting, I felt the entire cast did their best to embody the character they were playing.

I have to really give a standing ovation to Rhyon Brown, the one who played Michel'le. She did her thing and owned the lead part, really great at emoting. She did a great job at pulling at my heart strings and making you believe she is Michel'le. But the REAL gag is that she actually did the voice herself! At first I thought Michel'le dubbed for her, but just watching the both of them on the The Real proved that it was all Rhyon.

I liked the entire cast, of course them being attractive does help. 

Lifetime raised their bar, but they still have a long way to go. Great job to everyone involved!

• Upvote 2

:blink: you could straight up tell that was Jamie Kennedy all day. :blink:  that "makeup" hardly did any transformation. What movie were you viewing cus....

Last movie I seen his ass in was Malibu's most wanted and white people don't age well so I don't blame myself for mistaking him with another old white man who played who wore the same getup in a movie i've only seen once. Oh well. 

• 4 weeks later...