New Picture

Utopia

I doubt that anyone who got a chance to see the Unbreakable tour came away dissapointed.  Yes she was covered in one costume.  Yes there were no male dancers...she still slayed. Do ticket buyers want her to continue simulating sex on stage with men? Is that's what we need to be entertained? She sung her songs  danced her ass off with an energy and sass only she could give.

I'm not talking about simulating sex I'm talking about the overall production value. Her shows are known for being productions even VR which was more intimate. Costume changes, stage set up etc. there were no other big tours going on when unbreakable was going on so  but since then there were shows with better production and that didn't use to be the case. 

And she she has performed covered before with clothes that weren't as restrictive.  No one is saying go straight to being butt naked. 

I'm not talking about simulating sex I'm talking about the overall production value. Her shows are known for being productions even VR which was more intimate. Costume changes, stage set up etc. there were no other big tours going on when unbreakable was going on so  but since then there were shows with better production and that didn't use to be the case. 

And she she has performed covered before with clothes that weren't as restrictive.  No one is saying go straight to being butt naked. 

what does her being covered have to do with how well she performs? i didnt see any fans complaining during her shows, they were dancing and having a great time, everybody dont need over the top production in order to put on a good show.

• Upvote 1

Janet has never relied on having an over the top production. And TVR was not a great big production imo.. that was about her being in pure rare form, her showmanship was at its best during that tour. If you notice MJ never relied on over the top "smoke and mirror" productions for his tours either...Janet is that same way. Her most over the top production was the Rock tour but other than that...that was always more of Madonna's thing not Janets. Real performers dont need that...its more optional for them

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 5

Janet has never relied on having an over the top production. And TVR was not a great big production imo.. that was about her being in pure rare form, her showmanship was at its best during that tour. If you notice MJ never relied on over the top "smoke and mirror" productions for his tours either...Janet is that same way. Her most over the top production was the Rock tour but other than that...that was always more of Madonna's thing not Janets. Real performers dont need that...its more optional for them

I would say Janet's productions were pretty major. She used to have circus sized blow up dolls on the stage. She used to have kinda interesting stage designs and entries. The VR monitor started as a book that she walked through the middle. During that time, it was pretty big production. 

Her record time costume changes and her big lifts on the stage were great. I feel she could use screens and visuals to a better advantage just for the sake of the show but her performance is good. Her getting a different creative director and choreographer would freshen it up but she still is an EXCELLENT performer. 

• Upvote 6

Except she already has 2 different choreographers this tour who gave new routines to old songs

I know she had two new ones and they revamped but they seem to kinda still fall in line with how Gil has molded her as of recent years. Also they are friends he put on, it doesn't look like anything that is memorable or wowing. 

I know she had two new ones and they revamped but they seem to kinda still fall in line with how Gil has molded her as of recent years. Also they are friends he put on, it doesn't look like anything that is memorable or wowing. 

it's not and that's what a lot of fans miss. Janet used to have memorable choreography. The only one that's been memorable in the last decade for me is "Rock With U" choreography.

I would say Janet's productions were pretty major. She used to have circus sized blow up dolls on the stage. She used to have kinda interesting stage designs and entries. The VR monitor started as a book that she walked through the middle. During that time, it was pretty big production. 

Her record time costume changes and her big lifts on the stage were great. I feel she could use screens and visuals to a better advantage just for the sake of the show but her performance is good. Her getting a different creative director and choreographer would freshen it up but she still is an EXCELLENT performer. 

Pretty much all of this. The staging and production is just one aspect of her tours. Janet doesn't rely on "heavy production" as much as others do so its inclusion or exclusion doesn't make or break her shows. I'd say she strikes a good balance between everything. I'd only say that she repeated certain aspects too much and not switching things a bit. I like the way she did Unbreakable though!

• Upvote 1

It's bull shit that people need to know anything about her religion in regard to the show when she tours. People love to point out the militant sides of religion while overlooking the drones flying over countries and bombing men, women, and children at this very moment. 

Who gives a fuck if Janet is of Muslim faith have you seen her killing off any human life, or embracing it with more love? Don't bring your disdain for religion and project it on Janet's faith. People are so hypocritical. Their country can believe in killing people to grow their agenda and not a word, never heard anyone say "I wonder if Janet believes in capitalism & democracy...since it believes in killing anyone who opposes it with a different system, enslaving people & never paying reparations, committing genocide to further its expansion..." Let her live. Her new position in my opinion is beautiful. 

Honestly, this is it. This is all I needed. Nothing further!

• Upvote 1

Except she already has 2 different choreographers this tour who gave new routines to old songs

You can't win.. She can't win. She can't please everyone and she won't.

Have you watched South Park... 'Member Berries.. that describes most of Janet's older fans. "'Member Rhythm Nation?! 'Member "if"? 

• Upvote 1

it's not and that's what a lot of fans miss. Janet used to have memorable choreography. The only one that's been memorable in the last decade for me is "Rock With U" choreography.

I agree that Rock With U was a departure from the more recent norm, actually then again personally I like FB breakdown in the video. I also liked Make Me  with the jump and all. But I think the more recent live performances have not tapped into her sweet spot. 

I strongly understand with age there comes difference in physical agility. I also know, there are choreographers out there that could still bring out the best in Janet. Dammn Baby, had like 2-3 moments that should have either been extended or built on...but they didn't. I know without a doubt some choreographers that could give her something tailored to her comfort but still memorable. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I agree that Rock With U was a departure from the more recent norm, actually then again personally I like FB breakdown in the video. I also liked Make Me  with the jump and all. But I think the more recent live performances have not tapped into her sweet spot. 

I strongly understand with age there comes difference in physical agility. I also know, there are choreographers out there that could still bring out the best in Janet. Dammn Baby, had like 2-3 moments that should have either been extended or built on...but they didn't. I know without a doubt some choreographers that could give her something tailored to her comfort but still memorable. 

This right here!!!

I know without a doubt that you are her fans. Not her advisors. Please stop. For the past ten years we heard the same bull shit from fake fans. "If she worked with...." 

Janet is going to do her and I wouldn't have it any other way

You realize no one gives a shit how you would have it as equally as you don't care their opinions? 

To some degree she "listened" because she attempted to switch shit up and said she had been "listening" literally. So just shut the hell up Game. lol seriously. 

And she she has performed covered before with clothes that weren't as restrictive.  No one is sayin

The cut back in production is nothing to do with her faith though...that seemed to be the original point you tried to make

• Upvote 3

Gurl bang... she's listening to the fans alright :lmao: Name one.

She ain't listening to fans' bitter "advice" about Gil or her dancing

You really don't have to win every argument!  The plot twist of Unbreakable is that she has been listening to herself all this time?! Feedback from fans doesn't influence her at all...even though Tina said something to the contrary?! 

You really don't have to win every argument!  The plot twist of Unbreakable is that she has been listening to herself all this time?! Feedback from fans doesn't influence her at all...even though Tina said something to the contrary?! 

He knows. You have to remember Game is someone who is socially awkward and finds solace in internet trolling. He's like the movie "Single White Female" I just envision him jumping from thread to thread dressed as a male Janet in different costumes from her various eras arguing with people for attention. He defends her, when she's not being attacked. He has a very minimalist life, & will reach to the stars & back to defend a dying point. "She was listening to herself." 

Think about the fact that he took time to type that out as a legitimate response & press send. Seriously, evaluate the mind of the person who said Janet wanted to keep the conversation going with herself. All jokes aside, the elevator doesn't go all the way to the top. 

• Upvote 2

I'm not trying to win anything. There's nothing to win 

He knows. You have to remember Game is someone who is socially awkward and finds solace in internet trolling. He's like the movie "Single White Female" I just envision him jumping from thread to thread dressed as a male Janet in different costumes from her various eras arguing with people for attention. He defends her, when she's not being attacked. He has a very minimalist life, & will reach to the stars & back to defend a dying point. "She was listening to herself." 

Think about the fact that he took time to type that out as a legitimate response & press send. Seriously, evaluate the mind of the person who said Janet wanted to keep the conversation going with herself. All jokes aside, the elevator doesn't go all the way to the top. 

it goes to the top its just the floor is vacant up there with no tenants :coffee: