Do we know if Janet submitted Unbreakable for Grammy consideration?

kaeh1213

I assume she did... and it's probably still kind of a long shot (I could see getting at least one nomination in the soul category or whatever), but this article about Frank Ocean missing the deadline had me wondering about Janet.

http://pitchfork.com/news/69080-frank-oceans-blonde-and-endless-ineligible-for-2017-grammys/?mbid=social_twitter

Anyone have any intel?

They submitted!!  Unbreakable is definitely in the mix!!  :)  

As an Academy voter, the info on submission is not to be revealed.  But I can say this... Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis are the most nominated Producers in the history of the Grammys Producer of the Year, Non-Classical category.  Janet was the first female ever nominated for the category (along with Jimmy and Terry) for RN.  26 years later, a woman has still NEVER won in that category.  

If I were y'all, I'd make sure that people know how epic the production is on Unbreakable.  It stands head and shoulders above the records out today, including Lemonade, 25, Views, ANTI and some other very prominent music that was released this eligibility year.  

Edited by wayneashleymusic
  • Upvote 5

As an Academy voter, the info on submission is not to be revealed.  But I can say this... Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis are the most nominated Producers in the history of the Grammys Producer of the Year, Non-Classical category.  Janet was the first female ever nominated for the category (along with Jimmy and Terry) for RN.  26 years later, a woman has still NEVER won in that category.  

If I were y'all, I'd make sure that people know how epic the production is on Unbreakable.  It stands head and shoulders above the records out today, including Lemonade, 25, Views, ANTI and some other very prominent music that was released this eligibility year.  

yassssssssss!

• Upvote 1

T4P

Well, I can honestly say that the album should definitely at least be a serious consideration for a nomination in some category because it's definitely grade A.   It's been a year,  and I still enjoy getting to know all of the layers and nuances of it.  Such a well thought out and well made piece of work.  

Edited by JJATL
  • Downvote 1