Nintendo Switch: Fastest selling Nintendo console ever

kidfresh832

• 5 weeks later...

Nintendo Switch: Mario and Zelda coming to new $300 console

Nintendo's latest gaming console is only weeks away and will provide a new platform for some of the company's most popular titles.

The Japanese video game giant announced Friday that the eagerly awaited device, the Switch, will go on sale worldwide on March 3 for $299.99.

At a big event in Japan that was streamed online, Nintendo (NTDOF) revealed an impressive first wave of games for the Switch, a handheld system that can easily transform into a console for the home.

The new titles range from original offerings to new entries in some of the biggest franchises in gaming.

Switch will launch with "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild" in March. And Mario will follow later, first in "Mario Kart 8 Deluxe" in April and then in "Super Mario Odyssey" in time for the holiday season.

Nintendo teased fans at the event Friday with scenes showing the iconic plumber in a New York-esque city as well as a desert, a jungle and other environments.

Another game available from the start is "1-2 Switch," which the company described as a "face-to-face party game" in which players don't have to look at the console's screen but at an opponent in front of them. They hear audio cues and feel physical responses through the the controller to know what's happening.

That game takes advantage of the Switch's Joy-Con detachable controllers, which have motion-sensing features like the original Wii and even an infra-red camera that can detect hand gestures.

"Something they need to prove this year and going into 2018 is that Switch is going to have a significant software library that's added to on a monthly or bimonthly basis, rather than something where people are waiting four months between releases," Fahey said.

Nintendo says there are 80 titles in active development for the Switch.

CNN

Edited by kidfresh832

I watched the entire presentation and while it looks pretty awesome, since we have the Wii-U still, I don't think I'll be getting this for my family anytime soon.. most likely once the first price drop happens (maybe around Christmastime?) I'll pick one of these up. Any by then there will be a bunch of games out and ready to buy also.

I watched the entire presentation and while it looks pretty awesome, since we have the Wii-U still, I don't think I'll be getting this for my family anytime soon.. most likely once the first price drop happens (maybe around Christmastime?) I'll pick one of these up. Any by then there will be a bunch of games out and ready to buy also.

Agreed.  If I get it it will be during the holidays with the first price drops and holiday bundles etc.  Only Zelda is appealing to me at the start for the first few months anyway.

Y'all thinkin Nintendo is going to drop the price during Q4 :lmao: 

The price isn't going to drop unless it doesn't sell well  

ummm hell yea there will be a price drop in Q4 of this year... if not, there will at least be a holiday bundle likely including an extra game that's not normally attached to the console (aka an effective price drop)..

you forget, or likely don't know, that the wii-u was first released in November of 2012, then in September of 2013 had a $50 price cut, and went on to became the best-selling console of that year's holiday season..

im sure Nintendo would like to have a repeat of that for this year..

so you can take that rotflmao emoji and stfu... ✌? 

ummm hell yea there will be a price drop in Q4 of this year... if not, there will at least be a holiday bundle likely including an extra game that's not normally attached to the console (aka an effective price drop)..

you forget, or likely don't know, that the wii-u was first released in November of 2012, then in September of 2013 had a $50 price cut, and went on to became the best-selling console of that year's holiday season..

im sure Nintendo would like to have a repeat of that for this year..

so you can take that rotflmao emoji and stfu... ✌? 

I know what a bundle is and yes, Nintendo will probably do a bundle for the holidays but a price drop? Not likely for Q4 2017 unless the console is shit

You just said it was released in 2012 and price dropped a year later... that makes sense since the Wii U is shit

btw. You should research before you speak out your ass

Nintendo warned investors about less-than-stellar financial results earlier this month, and the company wasn’t kidding.

Nintendo today released its latest earnings report for the three-month period ending Dec. 31, 2013. The game giant did post a net income of $93 million, however, the Wii U’s struggles continue to hurt Nintendo.

The earnings revealed that the Wii U, which debuted in November 2012, sold just 2.8 million units in 2013 alone. For context, the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 have sold more than three million units each in about two months.

The Wii U hardware still has a negative impact on Nintendo’s profits owing mainly to its markdown in the United States and Europe,” Nintendo noted in the report.

I know what a bundle is and yes, Nintendo will probably do a bundle for the holidays but a price drop? Not likely for Q4 2017 unless the console is shit

You just said it was released in 2012 and price dropped a year later... that makes sense since the Wii U is shit

btw. You should research before you speak out your ass

Btw.. the PS3 was the best selling console of 2013... 3Ds was second

why u gotta be like Norman?!

And "by that" I mean a dumbass.. ? 

I didn't say the Wii-U was the biggest selling console of the year, did I? It was the highest selling console of the holiday season in 2013 (aka Q4).. and yes it did debut in Nov of 2012, and the first price drop wasn't until September of 2013, not exactly a full year, now is it...?

I also said that a holiday bundle is essentially a price drop, and you've agreed that there will likely be a bundle for Q4...

now go and sweep some more aisles in yo store boy!

The Wii U was NOT the hottest selling console when Xbox One AND the PS4 literally came out in Q4 2013.. Stop talking out your ass

Nintendo did sell 1.95 million Wii U consoles from October to December, which was a great deal more than the previous two quarters (160,000 and 300,000 devices).

https://www.google.com/amp/www.geekwire.com/2014/ouch-nintendo-sold-just-2-8m-wii-u-consoles-2013/amp/?client=safari 

The earnings revealed that the Wii U, which debuted in November 2012, sold just 2.8 million units in 2013 alone. For context, the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 have sold more than three million units each in about two months.

How the Wii U the hotter console of Q4 2013 when the two hottest and better consoles came out and blew the Wii U out of  the water in two months :lmao: But go ahead and ignore my quote.. but don't call me a dumbass bc YOU haven't an idea what you're talking about

It's basically a full year. It was to get ready for the holiday... obviously... :sigh: Go back to recording videos for attention :) 

I'm on vacation boo :coffee: and I don't sweep. Target hires a third party company to clean their stores. You wouldn't know that bc you have no idea what you're talking about

Edited by Game XXIX

The Wii U was NOT the hottest selling console when Xbox One AND the PS4 literally came out in Q4 2013.. Stop talking out your ass

How the Wii U the hotter console of Q4 2013 when the two hottest and better consoles came out and blew the Wii U out of  the water in two months :lmao: But go ahead and ignore my quote.. but don't call me a dumbass bc YOU haven't an idea what you're talking about

It's basically a full year. It was to get ready for the holiday... obviously... :sigh: Go back to recording videos for attention :) 

I'm on vacation boo :coffee: and I don't sweep. Target hires a third party company to clean their stores. You wouldn't know that bc you have no idea what you're talking about

you go ahead and keep getting ya thong tangled in knots about these fkn video games homie!! ???

and yes I'll keep posting my videos, not for attention, but because I enjoy making them and people enjoy watching them..

YOU on the other hand can keep posting your hundreds of posts per month on here, not because anyone enjoys reading them, but solely to compensate for the attention YOU seek in actual human contact.. (found any yet...? ?)

And did u just legit try to explain who sweeps ya damn store's floors!? U don't understand when a person is being purely facetious?? I'm not surprised tho, no wonder why u working at target still as a grown ass man...

#dosomethingwithyourlife

And did u just legit try to explain who sweeps ya damn store's floors!? U don't understand when a person is being purely facetious?? I'm not surprised tho, no wonder why u working at target still as a grown ass man...

#dosomethingwithyourlife

you go ahead and keep getting ya thong tangled in knots about these fkn video games homie!! ???

and yes I'll keep posting my videos, not for attention, but because I enjoy making them and people enjoy watching them..

YOU on the other hand can keep posting your hundreds of posts per month on here, not because anyone enjoys reading them, but solely to compensate for the attention YOU seek in actual human contact.. (found any yet...? ?)

:lmao: you mad af :lmao: Thinking you knew what you're talking about then you failed to, like a broken record, attempt to come for my career again

Oh no!!! You came for my post count :o oh no!!!! Mad bc I get more post likes than you get views? Oh right. That doesn't matter bc you're "doing it for fun"

Target is a billion dollar business filled with people of all backgrounds, ages, and diversity. Don't shit on my parade bc you don't know anything about me or retail. I'm proud of my accomplishments and I don't need some YouTube no body who knows nothing about retail business validate me and my career. :lmao:  Yes I explained Target's Cleaning Crew team to educate you... once again... bc clearly you (and most) don't know. You remind me of Trump.. instead of bowing out and saying you made a mistake... you attack with nonsense and only the truth can shut you down 

So continue making videos for a very few others to "enjoy" and I'm going to continue doing me... LMFAO #LoveMyLife

Edited by Game XXIX